The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Feedback for IC quests

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
A little reflection on the updated IC daily quests after the 2020 Midyear Mayhem.

For the most part, theses update were great. Nice that I didn't have to grind out the main quest on newer toons, and the updates do make the quests easier to do... with 1 exception. Maybe it's because I'm EP, but the Memorial district quest seemed to draw the zergs like crazy. This resulted in 1 of 2 equally bad situations -

1. Every Xivkyn is dead. Many times I found the entire Memorial district enemy free. Which is bad if you need to kill 2 Xivkyn, and a zerg is clearing the district for a half hour. This isn't too bad - it's easy to move on to a different district, just annoying.

2. Nothing is dead and you need to put geodes in a skeleton. There are only 4 possible skeletons to use, and they are in the center. All are surrounded by multiple Xivkyn and Wormcult Bannermen (harder to skill than the Xivkyn...) , quite a bit to kill just to finish this quest. Which means it's easier for gankers and zergs to gank people just trying to get tickets.

Yes, I know I don't *have* to do this quest, but EP's other "home" zone is Arena, which seems to be the second favorite zone of the zergs and gankers. I appreciate that ZOS removed the frustration of trying to get a geode into a skeleton at all; but replaced it with a different frustration.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 5, 2020 8:59PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd add that while the updates have made many things easier such as no longer having to flag for the dailies, there is one thing that is a bit of a hassle. Having to go up each ladder individually in order to pick up the quests is time consuming if you want to pick up multiple to do in one loop. I'm not sure if this is intended to slow down progress or unintended. If you do one quest at a time, you must either die, use a stone or run back to cash it in. We have the ability to pick up all 6, but with the lengthy load screen (and what appears to be a cooldown timer) up and down each ladder, it adds an extreme amount of time to what doesn't really need to have it.
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's because I'm EP, but the Memorial district quest seemed to draw the zergs like crazy.

Just a theory there, but the Memorial district is the home district of Nunatak - the bugged Patrolling Horror for the Mayhem Horror achievement so it's not surprising there's a lot of players there - of your alliance or others ^^
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I'm EP, but the Memorial district quest seemed to draw the zergs like crazy.

Just a theory there, but the Memorial district is the home district of Nunatak - the bugged Patrolling Horror for the Mayhem Horror achievement so it's not surprising there's a lot of players there - of your alliance or others ^^

Nice theory, but Volghass is usually up when I have the most issues. Maybe because people are looking for Nunatak.

Still, for years it was the unwritten rule of IC to leave questers alone, especially if an event was connected to the dailies. Most people do the quest(s) first thing in the day, and don't carry stone on them. Why harass them for a miniscule amount of AP and no stone?

It seems ESO's population forogot this over time.