The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Khajiit racial passives suggestion

Zahirr
Zahirr
✭✭✭
Played Khajiit for a long time now, and the race... has had its ups and downs. To say the least. Im not sure for instance why khajiit, of all races, have the heighest health regen stat. But, irreguardless, i think they should change these two factors:

Buff the Lunar Blessing passive to 1000 1000 1000. Personally, i think it should be even more, like 1250. But, using Nord and Orc as an example, it seems the class baseline is 3,000 total stats. So, not only should we buff Khajiit, we really need to buff classes like Altmer as well, who fall short of that line too.

And, Feline Ambush. I really, really, dont like this skill. A: it shoves khajiit into a box for pvp, and B: it makes no sense. How many Famous Khajiiti assassins have you heard of? Or great Khajiiti healers? I think this racial passive should reflect the varied nature of khajiit, and be like 5 different +1% skills. Like, +1% weapon damage, crit chance, armor, etc etc.

Its just a bit off that khajiit are supposed to be a varied race for any build, but their strongest passive shoves them into the box of nightblade.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played Khajiits since the beginning also, and have a clan of several Khajiit characters of different builds. The Feline Ambush passive is useless, I'll put points into it at some point but never consider it when working on a character's build. I agree the passives do need to be fixed some. Not just for Khajiits, but other races also. I'm not even looking for good passives. I just don't want them to be useless to the point that I feel like I'm wasting skill points when I upgrade the passives.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feline Ambush is the BEST part of Khajiit passives. It's especially strong in PvP, and in PvE critical damage bonuses are highly sought after. It's also a unique racial bonus that IMO fits with the flavor of Khajiit in ESO. But you're right that the resource bonuses aren't big enough, and in PvE, I think Altmer/Dunmer still crit higher than Khajiit because of their stat bonuses

As far as "when have you ever heard of Khajiit assassins/healers" when has there ever been an Elder Scrolls MMO? These bonuses are meant to give the races flavor while being valuable for combat. There ARE plenty of kitty assassins and thieves, and the theme of being "moons-blessed" or lucky has played strongly in Khajiit character. Take J'zargo, any Khajiit thief or trickster, or ALL the player characters that have been sneaker Khajiit in Skyrim and ESO.

Altmer get 258 Spell Damage on top of their Max Magicka bonus, so they don't need 1000 more of some other resource. They balanced the races around the set-equivalent value of ALL their racial bonuses, not just the max resources.

I hope we get buffs for Khajiit like you say, but I LOVE how the race works well for magicka or stamina right now, and really hope that stays. It's been nice to see a bit of flavor for Khajiit mages and magic users.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on July 5, 2020 9:37PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played Khajiits since the beginning also, and have a clan of several Khajiit characters of different builds. The Feline Ambush passive is useless, I'll put points into it at some point but never consider it when working on a character's build. I agree the passives do need to be fixed some. Not just for Khajiits, but other races also. I'm not even looking for good passives. I just don't want them to be useless to the point that I feel like I'm wasting skill points when I upgrade the passives.

why on earth would you not put points into that? 10% crit damage and healing is a lot.
    PC EU
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I like Khajiits they seem like they're one of the worst races in the game currently in both pve and pvp. They don't really do anything well. Crit damage is useless in pvp nowadays thanks to the Malacath meta and people having more impen.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wish we got our crit chance back.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I like Khajiits they seem like they're one of the worst races in the game currently in both pve and pvp. They don't really do anything well. Crit damage is useless in pvp nowadays thanks to the Malacath meta and people having more impen.

Khajiit plus any class with a + critical damage passive has enough modifiers to still do significant crit damage, even against someone 7 impen and the new higher base crit resistance, and able to out damage malacath.

If you don't need malacath, that opens huge advantages....you keep a monster set and 2x5 piece sets. You can run Torc or Wild Hunt.

Critical damage is still key in PVE.

The crit passive is damage and healing. One of the few places you can get that in the game. Even with Malacath, you can still crit heal. Crit healing goes a long way to overcoming the blanket healing nerf.

Plus like Dark Elf, it is a super flexible race if you want to go back and forth between Mag and Stam builds without leveling up another character of the same class.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You lost me at Altmer needs a buff.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA