The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Looking for advice on sneak build

Llidoryc
Llidoryc
✭✭✭
For sets I'm running:
5 night silence
4 Darloc Brae
3 night terror

For skills I'm running:
Shadowy disguise
Resolving vigor
Mass hysteria
Efficient purge
Charging maneuver

• Llidoryc
    Llidoryc
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really have a problem with getting caught looting/pick pocketing in PVE zones. Guards aren't really an issue anymore. More looking for advice before going into PVP zones
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Llidoryc wrote: »
    Don't really have a problem with getting caught looting/pick pocketing in PVE zones. Guards aren't really an issue anymore. More looking for advice before going into PVP zones

What do you want it to do? If damage then play a sniper. This is perfect for you:

https://youtu.be/jiu_y5sx9QA

If something else then let me know by @ me :)
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sidenote, Channelled Acceleration is a 9-second Major Expedition buff that doesn't break sneak or invis. It's SO worth it for thieving (I also use Steed Stone & Concealed Weapon)

I use this frontbar setup for casual PvP in that exact same gear set-up you have, assuming you're in 5 medium:

1. flex spot: Killer's Blade, Ambush, Vigor
    2. Surprise Attack
    3. Grim Focus
    4. Shadowy Disguise
    5. Camouflaged Hunter
    Ult: Incapacitating Strike/Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Grim Focus IMO is necessary for your burst, but getting the light attacks to proc requires good light attack weaving with every skill you use, and in my experience is way easier with a bow. I use a bow backbar to proc it so I can use Assassin's Will on frontbar, but idk if you'll be using 2 bars or just 1. Second best burst tool is Incapacitating Strike, try to use it right before/after Assassins Will.

You need a source of Major Brutality — I'd buy a bunch of Alliance Battle Draught if you only want to play on one bar.

Unless you JUST wanted to sneak and not fight? Then your setup is fine, but I'd use Channeled Acceleration instead of Maneuver, see if you can fin Concealed Weapon in there for the movement speed, Psijic Ult or Soul Shred, and Magicka Recovery glyphs with tri-stat food for Shadowy Disguise since it'll be hard to sneak in PvP sometimes and you'll have to rely on invis.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Llidoryc
    Llidoryc
    ✭✭✭
    Sidenote, Channelled Acceleration is a 9-second Major Expedition buff that doesn't break sneak or invis. It's SO worth it for thieving (I also use Steed Stone & Concealed Weapon)

I use this frontbar setup for casual PvP in that exact same gear set-up you have, assuming you're in 5 medium:

1. flex spot: Killer's Blade, Ambush, Vigor
    2. Surprise Attack
    3. Grim Focus
    4. Shadowy Disguise
    5. Camouflaged Hunter
    Ult: Incapacitating Strike/Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Grim Focus IMO is necessary for your burst, but getting the light attacks to proc requires good light attack weaving with every skill you use, and in my experience is way easier with a bow. I use a bow backbar to proc it so I can use Assassin's Will on frontbar, but idk if you'll be using 2 bars or just 1. Second best burst tool is Incapacitating Strike, try to use it right before/after Assassins Will.

You need a source of Major Brutality — I'd buy a bunch of Alliance Battle Draught if you only want to play on one bar.

Unless you JUST wanted to sneak and not fight? Then your setup is fine, but I'd use Channeled Acceleration instead of Maneuver, see if you can fin Concealed Weapon in there for the movement speed, Psijic Ult or Soul Shred, and Magicka Recovery glyphs with tri-stat food for Shadowy Disguise since it'll be hard to sneak in PvP sometimes and you'll have to rely on invis.

Thank you for all this useful information! I have adjusted my build accordingly as I did not know about channeled acceleration not breaking your sneak. This has greatly increased my efficiency when maxing out fence sales /dark brotherhood sacraments/thieves guild heists. As for the other information regarding PVP sneaking efficiency, I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to jump into alliance war / battlegrounds. I initially was looking for information that I can use going into Cyrodiil for skyshard hunting and PVE content, but it sounds like that I need to be focused on the possibility of getting ambushed.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the Flanking set.

And, remember, no matter what, Flanking set or not, Sneak Attacks from behind give bonus damage, like 2.5 times or something like that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rory_FightingToFifty
    For PvP, you don’t need as many sneak attributes As you might in PvE. An enemy player is going to hunt you if they see you, and if they don’t they won’t. In other words, if you have a sneak radius of 3 meters there’s usually not a huge benefit to getting it down another meter or whatever. If a human enemy is that close to you, you’ll probably be cloaking anyway, or attacking. Generally, power or other buffs are more useful.

That said, Darloc Brae is a great PvP set for a NB because of the tremendous regen. That’s so powerful in PvP that it frees up other slots for power, and you get the sneak as a perk.

For the second set, I’d bring in damage over Night Terror / Night Silence. I’m a stamblade...have used them, love them, but in PvP I need more damage. Because I can get sneak speed from vampire, I use that over Night Silence. The new rules of vamp allow me to,get,this at stage one, so all the better. New Moon is a great damage set...Hundings rage is fine too.