The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lyris dead or alive or... undead?

EyelessCZ
EyelessCZ
✭✭
Well I am not sure where to put it, I got 2 options, here or lore. Well thing is I let Lyris die to charge up amulet of kings. I was sick of choosing emperor over and over. Than I spoke to her right after it in Coven conspiracy quest. No explanation how she gets reanimated. Maybe shes zombie now. You should at least pretend you care about some lore, order in game before blindly *** its most precious aspect.
I never face that dilema with Sai, maybe thats similar. IDK. Tell me thats normal and I just adjust myself to new way of stupidity.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that Lyris, like Sai, has a handwavey answer about why she's back. Its implied she was briefly in Sovngarde.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *revives dead horse and picks up stick*

Wouldn't it be cool if they just used the Dragon Break rationale for its intended purpose, instead of stubbornly refusing to admit their story otherwise makes no sense? SOME OF US SURE THINK SO.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • EyelessCZ
    EyelessCZ
    ✭✭
    Maybe there is explanation needed. When soul is consumed by soulgem, it goes to daedric realm as payment. When soul from black soul gem is about to be used, it goes to soulcairn and thats purgatory for souls. If there is way back its possibly only as new entity. Only exception is possibly Azura´s Star, because Azura has in its realm own pocket plane for used soul. Its black soulgem but serves specially for her.
    Amulet of kings is also exception but also black soulgem adjusted by Akatosh and its purpose is to use soul to light the dragonfire, I found no info what will happens to its consumed soul.

So Lyrisis delusional memories about some home are simply inadequate. Only mechanics, leading to salvation of her soul rests with Meridia. Only guessing she has power to medle with creation of Akatosh. Lyris should stay eternal within Amulet or leave to soul cairn.

Yes there is some opening to dwemer disappearance but I rather avoid it.

I dont mind if developers left us cut of from game mechanics and theirs numbers, PTS serves as substitute well, but in a matter of lore there should be proper explanation.