The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hammer

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
Why does the team that's ahead by 25k points AND has emp get the hammer? Who thinks of this? Is seems pretty common sense that the team in last place, or the 2nd and 3rd place should get it. How dumb.
  • XxMissAlycexX
    XxMissAlycexX
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. Would love to see the algorithm they are using to decide placement of the hammer. It has to be adjusted big time.
    XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ol_BANK_lo wrote: »
    Why does the team that's ahead by 25k points AND has emp get the hammer? Who thinks of this? Is seems pretty common sense that the team in last place, or the 2nd and 3rd place should get it. How dumb.

isnt it random and all spots without 3 any alianz can take the hammer from
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter where it spawns 9 times out of 10 the strongest faction at the time ends up with it.

It is a dumb idea poorly implemented, best bet is for all factions to throw it in the river with the slaughterfish or lava until it gets removed.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    ol_BANK_lo wrote: »

isnt it random and all spots without 3 any alianz can take the hammer from

Well it spawns 3 feet outside the home base of each faction. So, it depends on the map of that campaign I suppose. In a more balanced map, team may wait for the faction that had it spawn outside their base to bring it to the middle and then fight for it.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter where it spawns 9 times out of 10 the strongest faction at the time ends up with it.

It is a dumb idea poorly implemented, best bet is for all factions to throw it in the river with the slaughterfish or lava until it gets removed.

That's also true. Even if the faction that is struggling gets it, they probably won't keep it.

There should be some re-thinking.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA AD just hides it behind their gates. Not a single warrior among them is worthy enough to wield such a weapon it seems.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 7, 2020 7:37PM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole hammer idea is generally terribad.
    It does not help weak alliance at all, cause hammer is been taken by strong one almost immediately.

I see the game much more balanced without hammer being up.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    The whole hammer idea is generally terribad.
    It does not help weak alliance at all, cause hammer is been taken by strong one almost immediately.

I see the game much more balanced without hammer being up.

All very true. I don't know what ZOS was thinking in this plan. The only way it might work better is if last place got it and it couldn't be taken, but even then....

I know they wanted to spice up PVP, but this just ends up being lopsided. Some weaker factions, when they get it, just drop it in with the slaughterfish, so it doesn't get in the hands of the already stronger alliance.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA AD just hides it behind their gates. Not a single warrior among them is worthy enough to wield such a weapon it seems.

in Grey Host, it's DC that always does this. (I'm there almost every night)

- EP.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber