The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmutation geodes, .... what if....

starlizard70ub17_ESO
starlizard70ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
FNWJN48.gif

I'm sure many of us have this problem. I part time PvP and still have this character, one other and my crafter sitting on this many geodes. And yet there are many non PvPers who can't even dream of having this problem :P, undaunted quests just can't compare to the geode output that PvP has.
We should be able to at least bank our geodes. At that way we can keep track of how many we have and delete what we don't need. I understand the reasons why in the beginning we weren't allowed to trade them, (possible exploits, etc.) But it's been over 2 years now, I think the time for exclusivity has run out. We should be allowed to sell transmutation on vendors now. It'll provide another way for full time PvPers to make gold and non PvPers can get the geodes they want.
"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS' intent has changed that transmutation is not supposed to be the main way we get armor and weapons in the correct trait, this is an unlikely change.

And before anyone goes "but jewelry crafting!", well, what about it? ZOS deliberately made transmutation necessary for traits on dropped jewelry sets...and didn't change a thing about how crystals are acquired or stored. It might be annoying for you, but it clearly doesn't bother ZOS.

Transmutation isn't there as a matter of player convenience where ZOS is going to jump to improve QOL.
    It's there because ZOS finally deigned to give us a guarantee that we'd eventually get the correct trait on the BOP item we're grinding for. Think regrinding VMA is bad now? Consider how it used to be: grinding VMA for a weapon with a specific trait.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think regrinding VMA is bad now? Consider how it used to be: grinding VMA for a weapon with a specific trait.

300+ runs to get my sharpened lightning vMA staff back in the day :disappointed:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS' intent has changed that transmutation is not supposed to be the main way we get armor and weapons in the correct trait, this is an unlikely change.

And before anyone goes "but jewelry crafting!", well, what about it? ZOS deliberately made transmutation necessary for traits on dropped jewelry sets...and didn't change a thing about how crystals are acquired or stored. It might be annoying for you, but it clearly doesn't bother ZOS.

Transmutation isn't there as a matter of player convenience where ZOS is going to jump to improve QOL.
    It's there because ZOS finally deigned to give us a guarantee that we'd eventually get the correct trait on the BOP item we're grinding for. Think regrinding VMA is bad now? Consider how it used to be: grinding VMA for a weapon with a specific trait.

Yeah, they still want you to farm for desired items, otherwise you will spend less time in-game. At the same time they can't allow you to have way too many crystals.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really wish these would stack, but understand why they won't :disappointed: .
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to transmute for other players sounds like a good idea.

Until then, when I have too many: craft weapon, transmute to nirned, decon.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on July 3, 2020 4:35PM
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭
    Junk folder, 'X' on a daily basis
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Think regrinding VMA is bad now? Consider how it used to be: grinding VMA for a weapon with a specific trait.

300+ runs to get my sharpened lightning vMA staff back in the day :disappointed:

back when you had a 50% chance for a maelstrom weapon in the first place :)))))
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • svaboss
    svaboss
    ✭✭
    just use a junk weapon and transmute it to nirn, then decon it to get the potent nirn out of it and sell it
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Our only option atm is to use them...
    svaboss wrote: »
    just use a junk weapon and transmute it to nirn, then decon it to get the potent nirn out of it and sell it

^ This a profitable option
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    Really wish these would stack, but understand why they won't :disappointed: .

Perhaps it's related to the amount the geodes have, it varies.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    Coming from a newer player that is honestly really bad at pvp I wish there was a better way to get geodes in pve. I simply do not enjoy pvp and due to a slight issue with my left had am not very good at it. 4 to 7 geodes for doing vet pledges and a random dungeon every day seems like a major grind compared to pvp players with more geodes than they know what to do with.

This would also help even newer players transmute into traits that may help them in dungeons and trials.

I understand part of they want players to grind for better drops, lets say you want a set of False God's in divines. Grinding even nSS for a full set in just divines is not likely to happen in only one or two runs. Same goes for vet dungeons.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcmgti wrote: »
    Coming from a newer player that is honestly really bad at pvp I wish there was a better way to get geodes in pve. I simply do not enjoy pvp and due to a slight issue with my left had am not very good at it. 4 to 7 geodes for doing vet pledges and a random dungeon every day seems like a major grind compared to pvp players with more geodes than they know what to do with.

This would also help even newer players transmute into traits that may help them in dungeons and trials.

I understand part of they want players to grind for better drops, lets say you want a set of False God's in divines. Grinding even nSS for a full set in just divines is not likely to happen in only one or two runs. Same goes for vet dungeons.

Newer player gear needs are really low compared to veteran players, though, @dcmgti.

In your example, you can get by with regular (non-perfected) False God's in mismatched traits .. until you're actually ready for a progression raid. That usually doesn't happen until you hit the CP cap (CP810).

But, if you absolutely need to change traits on non-perfected Trials gear, the PvP option is still there to accelerate your crystal gain. You don't have to actually engage players most of the time if you choose to. You can still support your PvP Alliance with siege defense and repairing keeps. Those options are not taxing on keystrokes.

But, you choosing not to PvP isn't anyone else's problem ... especially not ZOS's.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 19, 2020 6:15PM
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭

Newer player gear needs are really low compared to veteran players, though, @dcmgti.

In your example, you can get by with regular (non-perfected) False God's in mismatched traits .. until you're actually ready for a progression raid. That usually doesn't happen until you hit the CP cap (CP810).

But, if you absolutely need to change traits on non-perfected Trials gear, the PvP option is still there to accelerate your crystal gain. You don't have to actually engage players most of the time if you choose to. You can still support your PvP Alliance with siege defense and repairing keeps. Those options are not taxing on keystrokes.

But, you choosing not to PvP isn't anyone else's problem ... especially not ZOS's.

I didn't say it was anyone's problem, or at least that wasn't my intent. I was just stating that it would be nice for pve players to have a little quicker access to geodes/crystals.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't say it was anyone's problem, or at least that wasn't my intent. I was just stating that it would be nice for pve players to have a little quicker access to geodes/crystals.

I disagree.

The purpose of the transmute system is to provide players with a "finish line" ... for getting the correct trait on gear they've already obtained by running content.

The purpose of the transmute system is NOT to provide players with a substitute for running the content itself. Which an increase to transmute stones would do.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 19, 2020 6:45PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And Zos has shown with the transmutation system they want us to play content to get the geodes. This is very clear by its design.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

And Zos has shown with the transmutation system they want us to play content to get the geodes. This is very clear by its design.

And much to my amusement, it seems the change to transmute stones is coming right alongside ZOS changing their mind about the ways they want us to get weapons and gear. :smiley:

Its nice to see the QOL changes balanced with the need to still play the content!
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭

I disagree.

The purpose of the transmute system is to provide players with a "finish line" ... for getting the correct trait on gear they've already obtained by running content.

The purpose of the transmute system is NOT to provide players with a substitute for running the content itself. Which an increase to transmute stones would do.

I have the sets I want from running the content, well I could farm the rest of my perfected FG pieces instead of using normal. But for a little extra spell damage? I was just stating something I would like to see that is related to the original post.

If my post isn't related to the original post of geodes then I will gladly delete it.

I have my reasons for not playing pvp content which are my own reasons, I don't blame anyone for that. Not even the person that put me in the situation to begin with. For those same reasons my pve characters have very static rotations.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should be tradeable. I know ZOS wants more people to do more dungeons but anyone who really wants geodes just does pvp anyways. Besides, making the game more grindy is never an appropriate solution.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should be tradeable. I know ZOS wants more people to do more dungeons but anyone who really wants geodes just does pvp anyways. Besides, making the game more grindy is never an appropriate solution.

Huh?

Transmutation already reduced the grind by a factor of 9 when it was introduced.

Now you just have to get the item

Before you had to get the item in the correct trait...
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Huh?

Transmutation already reduced the grind by a factor of 9 when it was introduced.

I actually find it faster to farm the item over the transmute shards.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh?

I actually find it faster to farm the item over the transmute shards.

Fortunately, you still have the choice to do that if you wish.

The vast majority of players, however, will still opt to use transmutes. ;)
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    As illustratred earlier in this Entry it appears that PVP players are getting far more TM Crystals than they need to get their top level items thed way they want them. Whereas the PvE players only get them in small quantities in extreme challenges.

There is clearly an imbalance here.
    If you do a lot of PvP you have geodes coning out your ears which is of no benefit to anybody.
    Typical ZOS sloppy thinking...

Malborn66
    PC-EU