Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Echoes of Aldmeris only drops once?

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
Being good at spotting patterns the way I am, I noticed something. Finding the lead for Echoes of Aldmeris the first time was EZPZ (even before they fixed the drop rates). within about 10-20 chests I had it in my panel on both accounts.

But trying to find a 2nd one is right near impossible. I can understand if the odds of finding a 2nd one get reduced, but they shouldn't be reduced to 0.

so what I'm asking, community, is: Has anyone actually ever found Echoes of Aldmeris more than once? and if so, how many chests did it take you? I can understand if my luck is just this abysmal, but at this point it almost seems a bug (and with how buggy it has been, that would not surprise me)
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten two so far personally; one is in my Psijic and the other is floating in my coldharbour storage house since I don't know what to do with it.

I've noticed MOST leads after getting the first one seem to drastically reduce the drop rate; I don't know if this is some system in place to make it easier to acquire a lead for the first time but afterwards a lower chance occurs or not; for example my first Spellscar Shard only took me 10 or so chests but the second third and fourth have each taken me 50+ one even taking me 150+ chests before I finally got it. I've never gotten a single spellscar shard lead from a mob drop, world boss, or resource node. It's always come from chests in Craglorn.

Or I could just have miserable luck.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 of them. I as well believe the drop rate of leads reduces with every drop. Which is likely just placebo though.
    I have yet to discover if master furnishings like Aldmeris can drop more than 3 times.

So far, I have not found a 4th of any master furnishing.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • raegun
    raegun
    ✭✭
    I have 5 of the floaty cold harbor crystal thingy and the lead is back in my book. i always pick up the herbs in the hollow city when i look at the luxury furnishings or leave my coldharbor estate
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As the others said, yeah you can get it more than once. I have 2 of them.
    I was only looking for the first one, that took like 20 Chests.
    The second time, I was just running around the zone doing something else and got one from a random Chest.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar experience for me as well.
    First Echoes lead took maybe a dozen chests, 2nd lead took nearly 100, if not well over (I lost count) and the 3rd took maybe 20 or so chests? I had stopped counting by that point.

I have had similar experiences with other specific leads, but honestly I don't think it is a conspiracy theory at play. I think the RNG is just legit all over the map on leads, and some are easy, while others are a nightmare, and the 2nd lead for some are really just super super frustrating.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also seeing what appears to be a drastic drop rate decrease after the first on some leads. I thought it might just be me but if others are also experiencing it, there might be something to it. Anyone else seeing a similar trend?
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I have only found Echos of Aldemeris once, but I have not been farming for that peticular lead a second time. As for diminishing drop rate, I havent noticed one.

I have 6 of the zero tower lights that dropped rather quickly and just the other day I received 4 Blessed Alemexia shrines while I was farming for my second music box.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I have 3 of them. I as well believe the drop rate of leads reduces with every drop. Which is likely just placebo though.
    I have yet to discover if master furnishings like Aldmeris can drop more than 3 times.

So far, I have not found a 4th of any master furnishing.

I have 4 Sorceror King Sword leads, so it should be possible.
    Got two Aldmeris paintings, both took roughly the same time to get.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten two so far personally; one is in my Psijic and the other is floating in my coldharbour storage house since I don't know what to do with it.

Do you use the Coldharbor house for storage too? I just started and it’s turned into something rather interesting, like “The Realm of Lost Things” with all sorts of strange items just floating around. I’ve always wished they would put in a huge empty warehouse we could buy for storage, but I finally gave up waiting and decided to get the Coldharbor house and use it 🙂
  • xyphrum
    xyphrum
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the feeling this lead only drops once. I've opened 100+ chests over the weekend and the 2nd lead has never dropped for me. I'm wondering if there is another condition in place that we are overlooking. Maybe there is a cooldown of a week on it? Or one per character limit? Or, or.. I don't know. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just do on. There's nothing then RNG. I had bad luck and needed 60+ on the FIRST one, but got away with half of em on the second.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky with this one, I was surprised to actually get the last two within an hour.
  • xyphrum
    xyphrum
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to make a video to share my chest farming route and happened to get the lead during the recording. Here's the video in case someone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjy1kFqzIE
  • Neriak
    Neriak
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my 4th Echo today, the first three I found in chests while I was running around Auridon (gathering craft mats), didn't know that Echo is kinda very rare. So I got 3 leads and that was it, didn't get the 4th since then.
    Today I was doing a quick run to Toothmaul Gully public dungeon and suddenly looted the 4th lead, from a chest inside the dungeon.
    Maybe people who's looking for a lead should also check public dungeons in Auridon..

https://i.ibb.co/frp1hs3/aldmeris.jpg
    Energy powers future motion.
    Dynamic forces spur change.
    Nature encourages mutual dependence.
    Balanced systems stimulate civilization.

PC EU
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been farming *hundreds* of chests in Auridon and no lead.

Maybe I'll check out the dungeon - it's the only place I haven't looked...
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... got my fourth Maormeri Serpent Shrine in the dungeon, but no lead for Echo. *sigh*