The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How To Fix Templar

West93
West93
✭✭✭✭✭
Give back major mending.

• butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    How to fix Templar, bring back proc set crits
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase jesus beam damage by 21%, reduce cost of ritual by 50%
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring back total dark reflecting dawnbreakers.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back major protection on empowering sweep.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why bring back major mending when you can get both minor and major mending on templar? I can't even understand how that would be a buff vs. now, but whatever...
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring back Blinding Flashes :D
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd settle for living dark not snarling anymore but reduce the cost and make it scale with highest stats. Also remove the bubble effect it just looks wrong.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with Templar having a class sorce of major Sorcerery/Brutality
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have to say, my templars feel horrible this patch compared to my other classes. Breath of life with the skill nerfs over the years and now the healing hit in pvp increased it heals horribly. Not having any great CCs on par with things like fossilize and fear means you can't kill anyone with any decent mobility. And all the other tweaks combined with the overall pvp tweaks have really hurt the class.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • coercer02neb18_ESO
    coercer02neb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip] I am killing it as Templar in no cp. Run two builds - one high damage with thrassisan, another tanky/melee with malacath. Always top of BG charts. Took a few weeks of adjustments but it’s doable. It certainly underperforms in comparison to magsorcs with 75 billion pets and stamdens and stamcros but it’s not too far behind.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 4, 2020 1:12PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Bring back total dark reflecting dawnbreakers.
    Bring back total dark reflecting talons.

ftfy :trollface:
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn one of our heals into a HOT. That would be a step in the right direction.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I do have to say, my templars feel horrible this patch compared to my other classes. Breath of life with the skill nerfs over the years and now the healing hit in pvp increased it heals horribly. Not having any great CCs on par with things like fossilize and fear means you can't kill anyone with any decent mobility. And all the other tweaks combined with the overall pvp tweaks have really hurt the class.

Well, fighting against a highly mobile player in this lag, you'd be lucky if you hit the target with sweeps/jabs. The full damage (4 ticks) of jabs do not register often..
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you're playing an awesome class when you hit Breath of Life and get a 4K heal.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know you're playing an awesome class when you hit Breath of Life and get a 4K heal.

Don't worry stamplar isn't much better, at least in no cp.
    Meanwhile my warden has 3-4 different class hots to chose from.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back Blinding Flashes :D

Bring back Blazing Shield too!
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a hp based heal so we can tank again.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see how they adjust Burning Light on the PTS.

I'm not optimisitic.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should bring back blazing shield spam in general, given that healing is officially crappy for both magicka and stamina builds.
    And I think maybe the history is recreating itself. Healing wasn't great back then like today, but templars had skills like blazing shield and blinding flashes that allowed them to mitigate lots of damage before healing(year 2014/15). We might as well go on the same route again.

A higher percentage health based shield that costs either magicka or stamina depending on the morph would be great. Sure it would require a valuable skill slot in today's templar builds but that would be the trade-off for having such a good proactive defence.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing pvp tonight on my mag templar and i got heal twice by a sorc for over 8k burst heal each time.- non-crit. How the hell a sorc can burst heal for more than a templar in pvp?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn one of our heals into a HOT. That would be a step in the right direction.

Nope. They did the opposite. Ritual of Retribution lost its heal. This coming patch is an undeniable L for Templars.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty stupid change, if ZOS doesn't want 25% chance to proc burning light, why make it only jab-centric (4 strikes in a second)?

There are ranged magplar builds with dark flare and javelin for example, now they can't proc burning light anymore from javelin?

I would rather make it proc burning light on every hit with a longer cooldown (2-3 seconds?)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't even proc on Radiant Ward now.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If burning light is only jabs, then make it into jab tooltip and give us new passive in its place.
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Give back major mending.

In this current meta, I think this is totally justifiable. Without MM Magplar, and to a lesse extend stamplar, are really really REALLY struggling in the survivability department. Now, while I know that is kind of the point of this patch, it just isn't really fair. Every other class has their way of surviving. Stam dk though massive healing, Warden through massive healing, Necro through raw damage reduction and pretty decent healing as well, nighblades with mobility and cloak.

What does templar have? Okay at best healing, and a cleanse. That's it. It's time to bring back major mending.
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Give back major mending.

In this current meta, I think this is totally justifiable. Without MM Magplar, and to a lesse extend stamplar, are really really REALLY struggling in the survivability department. Now, while I know that is kind of the point of this patch, it just isn't really fair. Every other class has their way of surviving. Stam dk though massive healing, Warden through massive healing, Necro through raw damage reduction and pretty decent healing as well, nighblades with mobility and cloak.

What does templar have? Okay at best healing, and a cleanse. That's it. It's time to bring back major mending.

Pvp is ESO minority and templar pvp mains is minority in pvp, no one will listen for these changes. Welcome being minority in a minority.

nErF tEmpLaR jAbS bREak MUH cloak
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just laughing at you all thinking it needs a "fix" in a buff way. You bored with your one spam you kill me with over and over in pvp?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Just laughing at you all thinking it needs a "fix" in a buff way. You bored with your one spam you kill me with over and over in pvp?

If you die to pure jabs spam, than its a you problem.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just major mending in circle would be decent enough.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, dk has mending and 12% from passives...
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole