The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem Extension - 7/8 @ 10am EDT

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Due to some scheduled maintenance that will be taking place on July 7, Midyear Mayhem is being extended to Wednesday, July 8 ending at 10am EDT. This way, maintenance won't coincide with the conclusion of the event. The in-game timer has already been updated to reflect this change.

Enjoy!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool :smiley:
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, thanks :)
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smell "double" maintenance on EU... :joy::D
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for good news, @ZOS_GinaBruno. That said, I have been wondering if there's any chance for end time adjustment for future events. Event tickets reset at 2 AM EDT and with events ending at 10 AM EDT it leaves only eight hours in between, which makes getting rewards on the last day nigh impossible for people in certain timezones. For example, the full time job working folk where I live, since this limited timeslot falls directly on usual business hours. Would it be possible to have end of events set 12 hours after last ticket reset? That should give almost anyone around the world time to grab the last day's rewards either before or after work (or before / after going to bed / waking up). Pretty please?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this where you remove the additional server allocation from cyrodiil and it becomes much worse than it is now?
    I don't mean to sound rude, I am genuinely asking. 😁
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woot, thanks!
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Due to some scheduled maintenance that will be taking place on July 7, Midyear Mayhem is being extended to Wednesday, July 8 ending at 10am EDT. This way, maintenance won't coincide with the conclusion of the event. The in-game timer has already been updated to reflect this change.

Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Midyear Mayhem items in the Crown Store also be extended? It doesn't appear to be the case.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    Thanks for good news, @ZOS_GinaBruno. That said, I have been wondering if there's any chance for end time adjustment for future events. Event tickets reset at 2 AM EDT and with events ending at 10 AM EDT it leaves only eight hours in between, which makes getting rewards on the last day nigh impossible for people in certain timezones. For example, the full time job working folk where I live, since this limited timeslot falls directly on usual business hours. Would it be possible to have end of events set 12 hours after last ticket reset? That should give almost anyone around the world time to grab the last day's rewards either before or after work (or before / after going to bed / waking up). Pretty please?

I never understood why events just don’t end at the reset time for the respected day. So, for this event instead of ending at 10am in the morning eastern standard time let it last until 2am that night then reset. This way everyone could participate equally.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I never understood why events just don’t end at the reset time for the respected day. So, for this event instead of ending at 10am in the morning eastern standard time let it last until 2am that night then reset. This way everyone could participate equally.

If I had to guess, I would say that they have not completely automated the start and end of the events. Someone, who has to be awake and at work in Maryland, has manual things to do. It might not even be needed for every event, but 10am ET allows them to have a consistent time.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

If I had to guess, I would say that they have not completely automated the start and end of the events. Someone, who has to be awake and at work in Maryland, has manual things to do. It might not even be needed for every event, but 10am ET allows them to have a consistent time.

If they have people running maintenance at those times, surely they can get somebody to pull the event lever too o:) .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

If they have people running maintenance at those times, surely they can get somebody to pull the event lever too o:) .

That sort of depends on whether that work needs to be done can be done by the people doing maintenance, right?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmm... maybe give a month of ESO+ to all long time ESO+ members for all the needless downtime there has been over the last year....

extending the event.... pff... that's just more stress you put on the already overstressed servers...
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4 more tickets!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for extending it due to maintenance :)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • frickinnuts
    frickinnuts
    Soul Shriven
    Why do they always take the server down during the time I can play?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you extend this so PVP isn’t dead again? Lol
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the extension, but why is this sticky here instead of in General?

The event is not specific to Alliance War or Imperial City (Battlegrounds are neither). Moreover, as the event is meant to draw in everyone (including people who don't usually do PvP and therefore likely have no reason to be in this section), any relevant announcement belongs at least in the General Discussion thread.

By placing it here, you're sending the message that the event is only for those who consider themselves PvPers rather than for a, well, general audience. There are a lot of people over in General who have no idea this was ever posted and are confused or still ignorant about the extension.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Can you extend this so PVP isn’t dead again? Lol

pvp is not "Dead"
    the main and most popular cp locked campaign is constantly full and locked on alliances 24 hrs a day,
    and the other campaigns are usually full most of the time but not as popular, but they are FAR from "dead"

Edited by Gilvoth on July 8, 2020 2:37AM
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    That should give almost anyone around the world time to grab the last day's rewards either before or after work (or before / after going to bed / waking up).

Correct it should give ALMOST ANYONE time to grab the last rewards, however I won't be grabbing anything once again with my completely stuck Xbox EU account! I've missed every ticket since Wrathstone, meaning every event almost for past 16 months now, there's been hundreds of missed tickets by now, I've been tempted to count how impressive the amount is already, I played every event before and didn't miss too many tickets, now I miss absolutely everything. I'm starting to get extremely annoyed again when I think about this, I think players should start learn to miss stuff, no more extensions, what's missed is simply missed and too bad deal with it! I'm willing to sacrifice some NA account tickets for the good cause also! Use the crown store and buy them, I think they cost 250 crowns or something like that so extremely cheap indeed. Be happy you can still login with your account!

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still won't be enough for me to get back home after work and get that last 1.8 mil to Hit 50....
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.