The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The APE set up

EtTuBrutus
EtTuBrutus
✭✭✭✭✭
Agility 2pc front bar
Potentates 2pc back bar
Endurance 3pc rings.

In terms of a set, i think of it like
1206 max hp
129 health regen
129 health regen

5pc bonus is equal to
Front bar: 722 hp, 360 hp regen, 1752 stam
Back bar:722 hp, 360 regen, 5% dmg reduction.

Think it's worth it over something like orgnums? Im trying to get as much dmg in while having enough durability.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, sad agility and those sets do not have body pieces, would be interesting with mythics to run a 3/3/5/1 setup
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes except issue is 2 pc agility won't outperform (imo) any purposive arena weapon.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes except issue is 2 pc agility won't outperform (imo) any purposive arena weapon.

This.

E.g.:

Cruel Flurry
    (2 items) When you deal damage with Flurry, your single target damage over time abilities used within 4 seconds gain 1690 Spell and Weapon Damage.

Equivalent of something like 17k stamina when it goes to single target dots?

Merciless Charge
    (2 items) Critical Charge deals an additional 10032 Bleed Damage over 5 seconds.
    (Perfected) Grants up to 1190 Physical Penetration.

Stinging Slashes Set
    (2 Items) Increases the bleed damage Twin Slashes deals by 1600 each tick.

Titanic Cleave Set
    (2 Items) Increases the direct damage Cleave deals by 1500 for each enemy in its cone, up to maximum 9000 increased damage. - there is no limit now.

Caustic Arrow
    2 items: Increases your Weapon Damage by 330 against targets affected by your Poison Arrow.

...and all of above are normal versions, perfected have even more potential.
    Edited by Mayrael on July 2, 2020 11:51AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When mentioning apes in PvP I just think of Toppling Charge spammers.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

This.

E.g.:

Cruel Flurry
    (2 items) When you deal damage with Flurry, your single target damage over time abilities used within 4 seconds gain 1690 Spell and Weapon Damage.

Merciless Charge
    (2 items) Critical Charge deals an additional 10032 Bleed Damage over 5 seconds.

Stinging Slashes Set

Titanic Cleave Set
    (2 Items) Increases the direct damage Cleave deals by 1500 for each enemy in its cone, up to maximum 9000 increased damage. - there is no limit now.

Caustic Arrow
    2 items: Increases your Weapon Damage by 330 against targets affected by your Poison Arrow.

Absolutely, it was really just a generic place holder for the offensive bar portion of it. The endurance/ potentates with an offensive front bar in comparison to the breast defensive sets was my question, mainly. I wasnt planning on using agility actually.

Have you tried it? I will be giving it a shot tomorrow.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like pretty bad 5-piece set tbh.
    ThePedge wrote: »

Thanks to EV/Torc, spamming TC was never so easy as now! :)
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't run away and they won't spam a gap closer. Not a problem for me.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That versatility doesn't entice you at all? Seems better than orgnums up at only 60% hp.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

That versatility doesn't entice you at all? Seems better than orgnums up at only 60% hp.

Versatility is everything!
    But 1700 max stamina on one bar is only slightly better then 1 piece of WD. It is good to have high symmetric max stam, but when you lose it on bar swap...
    And obviously you are losing mythic item with those endurance rings. And mythic's stat density is certainly higher then 3-piece sets.

I think that agility/endurance could be a great options for some builds if they were available as armor pieces. But given that they were suboptimal even when there were no mythics... now they compete with arena weapons for weapons slots and with mythics for jewelry slots.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on July 2, 2020 8:25PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But 1700 max stamina on one bar is only slightly better then 1 piece of WD. It is good to have high symmetric max stam, but when you lose it on bar swap...
    And obviously you are losing mythic item with those endurance rings. And mythic's stat density is certainly higher then 3-piece sets.

I think that agility/endurance could be a great options for some builds if they were available as armor pieces. But given that they were suboptimal even when there were no mythics... now they compete with arena weapons for weapons slots and with mythics for jewelry slots.

You give up a lot going for a mythic. My characters all run 4 sets atm, no mythic cam replace that imo.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

This.

E.g.:

Cruel Flurry

Merciless Charge

Stinging Slashes Set

Titanic Cleave Set

Caustic Arrow

Absolutely, it was really just a generic place holder for the offensive bar portion of it. The endurance/ potentates with an offensive front bar in comparison to the breast defensive sets was my question, mainly. I wasnt planning on using agility actually.

Have you tried it? I will be giving it a shot tomorrow.

Yeah, I messed a bit with max stat sets but TBH it was a bit disapointing. Biggest problem with max stat sets is that there is realy just few ways of buffing it (while with major/minor brutality/sorcery you can multiply effect of almost every set very easily). The only reason to increase max stat is when it goes to magicka and using shields, opther than damage stat is better.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You give up a lot going for a mythic. My characters all run 4 sets atm, no mythic cam replace that imo.

No you don't.

My Stam sorc is running torc of tonal constancy, troll king, 5 piece seventh legion, 5 piece briarheart.

Even better - I have 5 piece seventh legion back bar with 4 piece of it front.
    5 piece briarheart front bar with 4 piece of it on my back bar
    Troll king and torc obvsiouly active on both at all times
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

No you don't.

My Stam sorc is running torc of tonal constancy, troll king, 5 piece seventh legion, 5 piece briarheart.

Even better - I have 5 piece seventh legion back bar with 4 piece of it front.
    5 piece briarheart front bar with 4 piece of it on my back bar
    Troll king and torc obvsiouly active on both at all times

My point is that's still 4 sets: mythic, 2x 5pc, monster. I don't think any mythics are better then the top tier sets, which you'd be losing one over. Mainly i think that bc the best mythics for solo or small group are utility focused which is easily covered by a build with other sets. Kinda hard to quantify some though. I absolutely love snow treaders. I consider them a defensive sustain set that gives me a gcd advantage in a fight.