Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the invisibility of Nightblade to be reviewed

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
Now I think we should reconsider the spell "cloak of shadows" of Nightblade.

the 3% critical strike would be to keep, but it would be necessary to add as a new effect, a spell allowing to remove the spells "which sticks to us" once invisible there is nothing more stupid than to be invisible and to have spells which still sticks to us !!!

You're going to tell me that the other evolution allows that, but the other evolution is just ridiculous and hardly perfectible (especially since the invocation of shadow already allows that) and as the stam has no invisibility spell, that's precisely where we could review the second evolution, it's the Nightblade class, damn it !!

"Dark cloak" is just ridiculous depriving the stam of invisibility while it's precisely the whole principle of the black blade, it's really not knowing this class, if you wanted to make a spell like this one, you would have to replace "Malicious Offering" by this, I'm sure that nobody uses the "Malicious Offering" spell as if they didn't already have enough *violate* in PVP....

As for the others who will come crying, your cheater classes want to talk about it?

Edited by Khatou on June 30, 2020 6:15PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightblade's cloak is already ez mode, it's too easy to avoid damage even on a stamina character. It does not require any buff, a functional nerf like cost increase (like Streak) would be more welcome maybe.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • PeterUnlustig
    PeterUnlustig
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malvolent offering is actually OP on magblade healer. But sure no one's using that.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine as-is, personally. It also doesn't make much sense lore-wise for spells to wear off or disappear just because you become invisible.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link about the invisibility being reviewed?

NB is basically a dead class now anyway, so why not take away the only thing redeemable about it.

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how bombers are okay but gankers are bad and should not exist.

So 1v20 is fine, but 1v1 is totally not!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol what is a cheater class.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

I think that's a weakness of his language skills. He's making a request for invisibility to be reviewed.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

NB is basically a dead class now anyway, so why not take away the only thing redeemable about it.

Yep, I was gonna ask about it too, as from the tone, OP is implying it is official.

Post a link please.

btw. I don't think they will remove it or change it anything. Mind you - recently they just casually gave easy access to invisibility to every other class (Vamp passive).

Edit:
    No link, means it is fake...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 30, 2020 8:44PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    Now I think we should reconsider the spell "cloak of shadows" of Nightblade.

the 3% critical strike would be to keep, but it would be necessary to add as a new effect, a spell allowing to remove the spells "which sticks to us" once invisible there is nothing more stupid than to be invisible and to have spells which still sticks to us !!!

You're going to tell me that the other evolution allows that, but the other evolution is just ridiculous and hardly perfectible (especially since the invocation of shadow already allows that) and as the stam has no invisibility spell, that's precisely where we could review the second evolution, it's the Nightblade class, damn it !!

"Dark cloak" is just ridiculous depriving the stam of invisibility while it's precisely the whole principle of the black blade, it's really not knowing this class, if you wanted to make a spell like this one, you would have to replace "Malicious Offering" by this, I'm sure that nobody uses the "Malicious Offering" spell as if they didn't already have enough *violate* in PVP....

As for the others who will come crying, your cheater classes want to talk about it?

Huh?

Can't hardly make heads or tails of what you are rambling on about. And which, exactly, are the "cheater " classes?

I'll solve this easy.

Turn on invisible and it stays on for 10 minutes, no matter what ya do. No magicka cost.

That'll fix it

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I like how bombers are okay but gankers are bad and should not exist.

So 1v20 is fine, but 1v1 is totally not!

That's because gankers usually kill unsuspecting and unprepared targets. It's hard to gank a well-built PvP character. Bombers play a vital role, they teach people not to stack and to block at flags. Also they come close into your space trying to pull off a time sensitive combo, whereas spamming Lethal Arrow from invisibility doesn't require any skill. But then these people think that they mastered this class oh so well.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fed up with this failed invisibility in TESO, fed up with the fact that a spell is still following us when we went invisible just before, an invisibility spell should hide us for this kind of situation !!!

Even a fart often manages to spot us it's annoying !

Please do something about that!

and not talk about the abuse of invisibility, because then we can talk about the Magi and their abused shield?

Let's not forget that the stam has very little effective heal spell especially if played as an archer and he has to dodge constantly, noted that vigour is used to "run" to "dodge" to "block" and of course for the stam's attacks!!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm a huge fan of using the Overwhelming Fart set to spot NBs, if my Haunting Sharts don't reveal them first. Streak leaves stunning skids in their breeches. We Magi know many counters and even more toilet humor. Also, Spiderman will be here to defend us according to forum lore.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can get DK's wings back I would support a NB cloak buff lmao
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a huge fan of using the Overwhelming Fart set to spot NBs, if my Haunting Sharts don't reveal them first. Streak leaves stunning skids in their breeches. We Magi know many counters and even more toilet humor. Also, Spiderman will be here to defend us according to forum lore.

The biggest issue IMO are the DKs who set their farts on fire, thus creating a wild fire hazard, not to mention setting other players on fire which is just a disgusting behavior.
  • Veeka
    Veeka
    ✭✭
    Shadow disguise is well as it is.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility is central to a very fun form of overland play. So removing it altogether would be horrible. It's literally why I made a nightblade character the first week the game was live, and he's my main character for the Summerset event today.

He did change his name over the years, however; he's now called Grumpy Ex Wood Elf. :)
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just wish invis lasted longer, or the cost greatly reduced. 3 Seconds is a ridiculously short-lived spell IMO.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    nightblade's cloak is already ez mode, it's too easy to avoid damage even on a stamina character. It does not require any buff, a functional nerf like cost increase (like Streak) would be more welcome maybe.
    The day detect pots, any other cloak counters and the buginess are removed we can talk about a cost increase. Until then it's really not the same. :wink:
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on July 23, 2020 11:38PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor NBs are already nerfd. Leave them alone.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malvolent offering is actually OP on magblade healer. But sure no one's using that.

PVE or PVP or both ?
  • Infectious1X
    Infectious1X
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you want a spammable ability that essentially not only renders you completely undetectable in the middle of combat, but also to be immune to whatever it is you’re complaining about? Invisibility should continue to have plenty of counterplay as it is one of the most powerful forms of defense that can also be used offensively, as long as it is used correctly. NBs just spam it in the middle of combat and then complain that their “only defense” isn’t working because the other guy uses his brain. Shade + disguise = free escape 99% of the time.

I prefer Dark Cloak the way that it is. I don’t want, or need, to be pigeonholed to play as a ganker just because you’re personally dissatisfied with the current iteration of Disguise. Some of us NBs prefer going face to face and Dark Cloak is one of the few spells that actually encourage this. I don’t know why NB should only revolve around ganking and stealth.

You should be grateful dots don’t even affect invisibility detection, unlike other games where they pull you right out along with usually large COOLDOWNS.
    Edited by Infectious1X on July 24, 2020 2:29AM
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just wish invis lasted longer, or the cost greatly reduced. 3 Seconds is a ridiculously short-lived spell IMO.

I also agree on this point, it's too short, especially to do dark brotherhood missions as a stam player, the consumption of magic is too brutal and the time is much too short especially with this very slow walk...
    Edited by Khatou on July 25, 2020 12:40AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how someone's dps drops from 75k to 72k and they think the class is trash now or the gear is garbage now.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bring back purge with cloak...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also agree on this point, it's too short, especially to do dark brotherhood missions as a stam player, the consumption of magic is too brutal and the time is much too short especially with this very slow walk...

Since those quests aren't combat oriented and you can avoid combat completely in them, do yourself a favour and obtain 5 pieces of Darloc Brae, then if you're not a vamp, 5 Night's Silence which can be crafted. Then crouch through the whole thing while being able to permacloak unless you spam it.

Having a dedicated sneak setup for cloaking is one of the most fun parts of being a stamblade for me. I may not be that effective in combat, but I sure can avoid detection.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For once I have nothing to complain about I actually love this patch and next patch nb actually gets class identity from grim focus and master assassin nb will actually have to play as intended a rogue we aren’t warriors.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine as-is, personally. It also doesn't make much sense lore-wise for spells to wear off or disappear just because you become invisible.

Good point.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak is fine as it is, no matter how wrong it feels when you get picked off by a nightblade in a bg!

Personally I heavily rely on the non-invisibility cloak, as it suits me more.
  • J_Am
    J_Am
    Soul Shriven

There is also no lore-wise sense to reduce speed under invisibility spell.