Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NO CP alliance locked

Tammany
Tammany
✭✭✭✭
Please give such beautiful campaign.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would hope not at the cost of our unlocked campaign
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dont gives us such terrible campaign
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »

Spot on. Abuse started to run wild the second they unlocked it.

Region / platforms have different pop, but on the quieter ones it needs a lock
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Please dont gives us such terrible campaign

Why it's terrible ?
    Because you are not allowed to jump between factions for trolling, scrolls and hammer trading ? How bad owwww.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to play Cyrodiil warfare and not participate in whatever the guilds have going for only their amusement.

Alternatively: could we have a map just for the guilds? Because Cyrodiil isn’t a war for the Ruby Throne anymore and I do believe the guilds actually have a game that’s named after what Cyrodiil is now?

Faction lock partly fixed that
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Spot on. Abuse started to run wild the second they unlocked it.

Region / platforms have different pop, but on the quieter ones it needs a lock

For me the solution (despite how much I love my guild) has been to cancel my sub and play DOS2. Ravenwatch is just no longer worth my time.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭

No. It's already an experiment tried twice and it failed both times to stop the trolling. Instead, all it does is make some of us who like to faction swap to find fights unable to do that.

The last time they put faction lock in the noCP campaign a portion of the population quit since they had PvP only toons on all the alliances and couldnt play them anymore.

Not sure when the pro faction lock peeps are going to understand that.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »

No. It's already an experiment tried twice and it failed both times to stop the trolling. Instead, all it does is make some of us who like to faction swap to find fights unable to do that.

The last time they put faction lock in the noCP campaign a portion of the population quit since they had PvP only toons on all the alliances and couldnt play them anymore.
    This is total ***, having one extra locked campaing doesnt hurt at all your ability to farm AP in non locked campaign. And in locked campaign there was less trolling with scrolls, which is obvious.
    Anyway "faction loyalists" deserve their locked campaign without those side switching mongrels who only care for AP farm or scrolls trolling.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When no cp was last alliance locked and the faction we were playing suddenly started dominating the campaign, our guild was stuck. We had to wait till the end of the campaign to switch to a different faction just to get some good goddamned pvp. Then after 6 weeks when that faction we switched to rebounded (in part due to our assistance), we had to wait another two weeks to switch again. So what did we do while waiting? We simply didn't play or would play for a bit and then log off much earlier than we intended. It's no fun to log in and try to pvp when your faction already owns 90%+ of the map, all scrolls, has emp, and the other factions also just log off.

In campaigns when there's plenty of people playing on all sides, alliance lock doesn't really have an impact. It's the campaigns where maybe it's only locked for a few hours during prime time (such as the PC/NA non cp campaign) where you need it unlocked just so when you log on and someone has swept the whole map, you can actually get some decent fights by selecting an underdog faction to fight for. I realize that not everyone subscribes to this idea, that pvp is about the fights and not dominating a map as much as possible, but I think leaving the campaign unlocked makes most of the people happy most of the time. Sure you get an occasional scroll troll but it's not the end of the world. It's just a game after all.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube