The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Computer keeps crashing during vet Dragonstar Arena dungeon

Quantact
Quantact
✭✭✭
My ESO normally runs fine. I went to run the vet Dragonstar Arena dungeon, and occasionally the game would crash. On the final boss, that "occasionally" became "constant."

I tried lowering my graphics to the absolute minimum and resetting my computer. That got the game to work ok for a bit, but then it started crashing again constantly.

The computer is Intel(R)Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz, with 16 gigabytes of RAM. It doesn't normally have such problems with ESO.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? Could a malicious hack/virus cause something like this? Or is it some video card issue?

I feel very bad because the party with me spent a lot of time trying to get through the dungeon, and it went to hell because I kept crashing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Quantact

Are you experiencing crashes in any other areas of the game?

Have you gone through the basic crash troubleshooting found here?.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Quantact

Are you experiencing crashes in any other areas of the game?

Have you gone through the basic crash troubleshooting found here?.

After I read your note, I repaired the game and tried to "check graphics card drivers and settings." However, when following the instructions for NVIDA graphics cards, I couldn't perform step five becuase I can't find the "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program.." It's not an option that I see in the various things in that settings window

I set my graphics to the absolute minimum when trying to clear the dungeon, it did not prevent the game from crashing.

I do not know if this fixed the problem because I don't want to go to vet Dragonstar Arena again until I am sure the situation is corrected. The dungeon typically takes hours, and I really don't want to drag three other people through a tough dungeon which they may not be able to finish due to my computer crashing constantly on the last bos.
    Edited by Quantact on June 30, 2020 5:49PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Quantact

Thank you for the update. If you do get a chance to try Veteran Dragonstar Arena again, please let us know if the steps you've taken have helped or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post