The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP desperately needs a cooldown between resurrection attempts

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
As anyone who has ever played PvP knows tanks are so disgustingly overpowered and how outnumbering is the way the game is meant to be played. Tanks are by far the most annoying thing in PvP, they are ridiculously hard to kill, they can still debuff and CC you and their only job is to spam reses to which there is no downside. Even worse you can use immovables and ressing can’t be interupted, making the actual killing of a group with multiple tanks near impossible without bombers or seige. There needs to be a cooldown timer added to resurrection Interruptions to give the outnumbered group a chance, when playing especially on a magica build resources are already scarce and having to essentially spam bashes on someone who refuses to nothing but res when already outnumbered simply to stop them from bringing back someone you’ve already killed is just obscene. I think a Debuff should be applied when interrupted stopping you from attempting to res for 10 seconds in PvP and stop using immovability from making you unable to interrupt a res.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially with templar's passive it is just stupidly fast and resurrected is at full HP...
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurrecting can always be interrupted, even if the target is CC immune. They won't be stunned and set off balance if CC immune, but the res attempt is stopped. But I wouldn't mind an additional cooldown of a few seconds.

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer
    Edited by Bergzorn on June 30, 2020 7:43AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the cool down should stuck to a dead player, not a caster.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or some kind of resurrection sickness debuff. Other MMOs have something similar.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree. I think rezzes in general should just be interrupted on direct damage, no bash required.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has already been brought up, interrupt is the counter to enemy players' resurrecting players.

As a non-tank and even on characters that were not Templars. I have restricted players that were smack dab in the middle of the fighting because other enemy players were not paying attention. Happens often.
    Edited by idk on July 1, 2020 5:06PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Resurrecting can always be interrupted, even if the target is CC immune. They won't be stunned and set off balance if CC immune, but the res attempt is stopped. But I wouldn't mind an additional cooldown of a few seconds.

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Nope. Immovable heavy armor ability. Cannot be stopped do it all the time. Try it and come back.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Nope. Immovable heavy armor ability. Cannot be stopped do it all the time. Try it and come back.

Immovable doesn’t stop interrupts. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 15, 2020 2:42PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Oooh so that’s how it’s done. Interesting.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them resurrect and play the game they paid for.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Just let them resurrect and play the game they paid for.

When Im already outnumbered 4 or 5 v 1 and kill one Id say they deserve to spawn back at the keep and not have me waste any more resources when the 40k health sword and board resto staff build wants to pop barrier and immovable then do nothing but spam the res button until he gets everyone up
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Immovable doesn’t stop interrupts. [snip]

yes i does, at least from immovable pots.

i never got why after years people dont just know this is a thing, i always pop a pot before rez and watch people bash me confused as to why they are not interrupting me.

however i do agree with the advent of forward camps, rezing, rez ults, etc. its impossible to permanently kill or drive off a group from a location that wants to be there. it ends up turning into a game of mental attrition until one group just leaves.

thats dumb.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 15, 2020 2:42PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Wing wrote: »

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Immovable doesn’t stop interrupts. Learn the game please.

Ok, you might be right. I don't use the skill or the pots, and seemingly most of my opponents also don't. Shame on me for thinking a mechanic works like ZOS intented it to (they stated resurrection attempts should be always interruptable when the interrupt cooldown was first on the PTS) .
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Ok, you might be right. I don't use the skill or the pots, and seemingly most of my opponents also don't. Shame on me for thinking a mechanic works like ZOS intented it to (they stated resurrection attempts should be always interruptable when the interrupt cooldown was first on the PTS) .

I brought this up in another thread as soon as I was aware tagged @ZOS_GinaBruno to clarify and nothing happened. It must be working as intended. Immovable heavy armor ability is unstoppable Resurrecting. Only way to stop it is kill the one doing it while they're doing the resurrection. Takes a good few to drop my tank even while resurrecting.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Attempts? Naw,

Successful resurrections? Absolutely

Moreso than a time penalty, there should absolutely be a progressively stacking resurrection sickness.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should treat player resurrections like camp cool downs. Once you die you can be resurrected by a player with no time lost. Die again shortly after and you get 3 min resurrection timer similar to a forward camp. However, you can resurrect yourself at a forward camp if not on that cool down. You can also resurrect at a keep that isn’t flagged endlessly.

So with above scenario you’d have a good 2 attempts at instant resurrection and 2 on a cool down system. After that many attempts you should have to ride from a keep or outpost.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A charge system would be the way to go, players should be punished for going for res in dangerous situations.
    Almost every group you fight these days who outnumbers you as soon as you kill some of them will just start constantly resing in your face interrupt after interrupt.

Players should begin with 2 charges. Resing another player or being interrupted should consume a charge. Charges should have between 30s and 1m cooldown (would need testing and refinement). When a player is res'd they should begin at 0 charges.

Res's outside of combat wouldn't consume a charge.

Necro ulti would have to be considered separately, I guess it would likely be fine as you are choosing whether to give up a damaging or healing ultimate in exchange for reviving a player and I'm guessing it will never be changed from 3 players because of PVE dungeon reasons.

Additionally when a player dies and is respawned (via camp, necro or manual res) their ultimate should be 0. Too many times groups die without having used their ulti's and then they are respawned at a camp with full resources and still have ultimate to drop.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 6, 2020 3:04PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A charge system would be the way to go, players should be punished for going for res in dangerous situations.
    Almost every group you fight these days who outnumbers you as soon as you kill some of them will just start constantly resing in your face interrupt after interrupt.

Players should begin with 2 charges. Resing another player or being interrupted should consume a charge. Charges should have between 30s and 1m cooldown (would need testing and refinement). When a player is res'd they should begin at 0 charges.

Necro ulti would have to be considered separately, I guess it would likely be fine as you are choosing whether to give up a damaging or healing ultimate in exchange for reviving a player and I'm guessing it will never be changed from 3 players because of PVE dungeon reasons.

Additionally when a player dies and is respawned (via camp, necro or manual res) their ultimate should be 0. Too many times groups die without having used their ulti's and then they are respawned at a camp with full resources and still have ultimate to drop.

Players are punished for ressing in dangerous situations. They open themselves up to indefensible attacks. There is no need to change the res system for PVP. Doing so would essentially ruin the siege mechanics of the game.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Players are punished for ressing in dangerous situations. They open themselves up to indefensible attacks. There is no need to change the res system for PVP. Doing so would essentially ruin the siege mechanics of the game.

That might be the case if a DPS centric build but the pest usually spamming res is a capped resist, 35k health tank with something like bogdan procced, in literal 0 danger, the same type of build that walks out of the keep to burn a ram then walk back in.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

That might be the case if a DPS centric build but the pest usually spamming res is a capped resist, 35k health tank with something like bogdan procced, in literal 0 danger, the same type of build that walks out of the keep to burn a ram then walk back in.

So disengage from the fight. You can't win them all.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As anyone who has ever played PvP knows tanks are so disgustingly overpowered and how outnumbering is the way the game is meant to be played. Tanks are by far the most annoying thing in PvP, they are ridiculously hard to kill, they can still debuff and CC you and their only job is to spam reses to which there is no downside. Even worse you can use immovables and ressing can’t be interupted, making the actual killing of a group with multiple tanks near impossible without bombers or seige. There needs to be a cooldown timer added to resurrection Interruptions to give the outnumbered group a chance, when playing especially on a magica build resources are already scarce and having to essentially spam bashes on someone who refuses to nothing but res when already outnumbered simply to stop them from bringing back someone you’ve already killed is just obscene. I think a Debuff should be applied when interrupted stopping you from attempting to res for 10 seconds in PvP and stop using immovability from making you unable to interrupt a res.

You just need to kill more people and faster. Here a showcase on how to deal with big numbers and people rezzing all the time:

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

I brought this up in another thread as soon as I was aware tagged @ZOS_GinaBruno to clarify and nothing happened. It must be working as intended. Immovable heavy armor ability is unstoppable Resurrecting. Only way to stop it is kill the one doing it while they're doing the resurrection. Takes a good few to drop my tank even while resurrecting.

From the PTS notes:

Immovable (morph): [...] Fixed numerous issues where the CC immunity from this ability operated differently than other sources.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    You just need to kill more people and faster. Here a showcase on how to deal with big numbers and people rezzing all the time:]
    Another ballgroup aoe spam, as expected.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think limiting resurrecting attempts is a good idea. Currently, when I see a random dead player I'll try to get them up again, even if it's just a low level player taking his first steps in PvP.
    Now if resurrecting would be limited, I'd save my attempts for friends, group members or other good players i know. And I guess most people would do the same, so Cyrodiil would become a lot less fun for new players who don't have a group yet.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

Sincerely,
    a Crushing Shock spammer

From the PTS notes:

Immovable (morph): [...] Fixed numerous issues where the CC immunity from this ability operated differently than other sources.

Thanks but it seems you're assuming I don't read the forums. Would have been nice if we would have gotten some acknowledgement months ago. Also i have been here long enough to know believe it when I see it...lol
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just need to kill more people and faster. Here a showcase on how to deal with big numbers and people rezzing all the time:

As if people even record Large group vs large group play? The only difference between you and the zerg you’re rolling is someone calls out “ult now” and you spam AOEs, is your suggestion to dealing with the healing nerfs run more healers?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As if people even record Large group vs large group play? The only difference between you and the zerg you’re rolling is someone calls out “ult now” and you spam AOEs, is your suggestion to dealing with the healing nerfs run more healers?

I will never understand why so many consider large group play in any way indicative of anything other than a numbers game. It just devolves into coordinated ult dumps with aoe applications until one side is overwhelmed, if it's a stalemate, then they all just wait and do it again. A principle law of open world pvp in any mmo is that it will ALWAYS devolve into who is able to and willing to bring the larger head count until the other side stops bothering. The only equalizer here is that cyrdodil is obnoxiously large enough to create artificial downtime between keep battles assuming you deal with forward camps and whatnot.

Cyrdodil will never mean anything to me other than a fun distraction with the potential for maybe some decent meaningful pvp exchanges where my individual performance actually carries weight. And I've been doing this since beta. Shrug*

Back to the point. There absolutely needs to be some kind of res sickness that forces groups that lose fights into respawning at keeps to clear a stat debuff. You would reward the small more mobile groups that manage to win fights against larger groups. As it is now, a small group might make a dent in a large group but have to back up or whatever because of shear numbers, and all the while the work they just did is for nothing because some crouching templar is just resing dudes completely out of harms way.