The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bombard, can we stop this bs?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Didnt devs nerf every single ranged CC in the game? Why does this still have 20m range, with AOE having slow + immobilize? Where is your balance?
Edited by techprince on June 30, 2020 12:07AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe no snare but definitely keep immobilization
    It's a good skill, one of its kind in weapon skill lines.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos gives counters to everything try using them or tweak ur builds stop [Snip] asking for nerfs hardly an op skill that’s been around for years

[Edited for rude content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 30, 2020 4:40PM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counters. Yeah; every zerg has a few people cheesing this because they know that the root immunity from abilities doesn't always work if they get rooted again before the immunity ability finishes with the lovely performance we have.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're a cloaking magblade, who gets their speed from Concealed, Snow Treaders are a no-brainer. It's one of the few upsides to magblade, whereas they are a hard sell for other builds. On my DK I run Shuffle with 6 medium.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    If you're a cloaking magblade, who gets their speed from Concealed, Snow Treaders are a no-brainer. It's one of the few upsides to magblade, whereas they are a hard sell for other builds. On my DK I run Shuffle with 6 medium.

Yes, Snow Treaders works just perfectly. Also helps with other stuff and not just Bombard. Same as Shuffle yes.

Snow Treaders makes fighting MagDK`s (that are plentiful on both IC and overland Cyro right now for reasons) also smooth, Talon "Spam" and Fossilize Immo part not working on you = priceless, and can run Tri-pots or other pots instead of Immo pots. Also makes fighting Templars more fun when not permanently Snared. :D

Snow Treaders were the first Mythic item i went to go dig up. Saves SO much resources and global cooldowns to offensive, when not have RAT spam or Shuffle every 5- or 6 seconds, can keep up offensive pressure. It`s a gamechanger on some setups imo.

Even Magblade has Phantasmal Escape that has also Major Evasion.. but, bar space is tight as all know AND with Snow Treaders can stay mobile and not even need Evasion that much due to that. Then can use Channeled Acceleration instead of RAT. Me likey. :)

Bombard is a good and needed skill. "Needed" on (and against) large scale groups. Also, it is nice as a PVE tank, i use Bow back bar often, Endless Hail for bosses to proc Crusher and Bombard is nice CC on mob swarms. Not everyone plays a DK tank with Talons. So keep Bombard as it is.

I know it can be annoying if you go solo and some groups use that on you, but.. without that, stopping same kind of group would be way harder. Time Stop spam would just replace it (even more than it already has).

Also Bow/Bow builds on certain classes need such skills to kite and stay at range. Not everyone should play a Dizzy spamming melee Brawler. I am sure people want still to have options?

Many things suck at lag, all CC and many channeled/cast-time makes ones life miserable then, but it is no reason to make even more skills useless, like already has happened during all the last couple of years.

Yeah, i use Bombard on large groups and if they are not prepared, often can stop them under Oils/sieges, Negates, Major Vulnerability-hulk-smashes and so on. Needed yet occasionally annoying skill. As is many on this game, when it lags.

But gotta always see the big picture and not just a solo players view on it. Without certain skills (and traits like Harmony, that some want nerfed too), big discord coordinated groups would NOT die, ever. It is needed and used at both PVP and PVE.

Many of the latest DLC Vet dungeons actually go really smooth with a Bow back bar tank that knows what they are doing. :) I can tell you that skill saves more Dungeon Finder pugs from being wiped than many other skills. New DLC vets have some nasty big swarms of mobs that go way more smooth with such a CC. :)

Edited by Moonsorrow on June 30, 2020 7:28AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Even Magblade has Phantasmal Escape that has also Major Evasion.. but, bar space is tight as all know AND with Snow Treaders can stay mobile and not even need Evasion that much due to that.
    It's not so much the bar space as that the line between life and death on a squishy magblade is so thin, you don't always have time to cast RAT, because you need to shield or cast something else. Also, the 2 seconds from RAT are pitiful when faced with Talon or Bombard spammers, especially groups that are organised with these skills. Phantasmal Escape is just worse. I find the Major Expedition from RAT more valuable.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bombard is the most annoying skill in the game imo. Guess I'll have to buy Greymoor to get those boots.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamsorc if I get in a group environment or especially a breach defense I’m probably going to bombard, streak, and negate the doorway over and over again. It’s a little cheesy but im a person who likes to think group v group play involves skill. A fair bit in fact. Engagements like that... I’m not so sure being cheesy is wrong. They, in theory, have as many purging power healers as us, as many cc tanks and bombers blah blah. Coordinated ccs are king in these fights. It’s why solo players hate it so much for sure— way overkill on one good player who is tired of getting served down. But we can’t change our bars between every fight... oh I wish we could... and bombard frankly is both so good and so hated for the same reason. The rest of your group is probably spamming hard ccs way more often than needed. That random group immobilize, believe it or not, is what really starts to hurt. Starts to eat at that sustain.

And at the same time, like sub assault, it’s got a weird range and a weird aiming delay, extremely hard to land against a solo opponent. Half the time it’s more of a handicap to have on the bar than an advantage.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombard has been obscenely overpowered in BGs for a really long time. I've frequently seen it hit as hard as ranged magicka spammables, while also being AOE and spam rooting numerous players at the same time.

I think root immunity needs to be treated like CC immunity, where anytime one gets out of a root - whether through cleansing, dodge rolling, or just waiting it out - they get root immunity for a set amount of time (which needs to be longer than 2 seconds). Or, alternatively, just obliterate the spammability of Bombard; implement some very heavy handed nerfs to both the cost and damage.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bombard is fine. It's a very niche skill and it has counters.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does do decent damage, and that is probably why it gets 'spammed' beyond just normal usage. I wouldn't be against a nerf to the damage. I don't think it would get used less. It would perhaps get spammed less. Then again there's an arena weapon that has to do with this ability also right? Perhaps that is also a reason why some people are seen to be 'spamming' it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main problem with any of the roots is there us a situation where if enough people spam them, you dont get the root immunity when it applies again before the first root is broken. IE you can be rooted mud dodge roll because the game code is so awesome.

Also; RAT immunity, AKA magickas counter; is too short and often times in lag you get nothing because it took the press as the root break but that didnt actually effect anything until 2 seconds and you're rooted again. And mist form has more drawbacks and is buggy since the update. Hard to rely on.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its dumb skill no doubt about it, but its just one of many dumb skills the game has and had. Its pretty obvious bulk of the negativity towards this skill comes from people that would happily (ab)use it it was to more popular weapon choice. Alas, good antigroup and/or CC and/or ranged stamina skills can be counted on one hand which greatly impacts perception about their power. Making bombard rare tool every stamina build can use to combat stupid skills and mechanics of ESO PVP albeit using this stupid skill and abusing same stupid mechanics. Either all of them must go or none.
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    Bombard is niche? Lol what rock do you live under? I get bombarded by EVERY stam player In PvP and I swear I saw a mag player back barring a bow the other day just to spam that broken trash. Immov pots don't even grant effective counter play to it.
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    That skill has been a plague for the last couples patches, either it loses the root or ZOS finally gives roots a real cooldown.
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    Now ball groups are outfitting all their members in Snow Treaders, they are literally unstoppable.