The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Perfected Masters Weapons vs Monster sets

ZigenBuilds
ZigenBuilds
✭✭
Greetings all!

My main is a stamsorc and I'm currently using the Perfected Masters Axe and Dagger with Rele/Lokk/Maelstrom bow. I have pretty decent DPS but I was just wondering if I am losing out on damage when not using a monster helm like Selene's. This is for group content so normal/vet trials.

I have a Lokk axe and dagger at the ready but prefer not to gold/transmute them first if my current setup is better anyway. Many thanks!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure personally, I'd bet they're about even. Your best bet is to just do some DPS parses on the PTS before you decide.

Master DW is nice because it procs on the target staying with them.

Selene can miss moving targets, but it recently received a small damage buff and uptime is much higher since flurry was updated to direct damage. That thing is popping off frequently, every tick of the 5 hits on flurry should count as "direct" damage for Selene if I'm not mistaken. Selene is also very bursty, I'd rather use that in 4m dungeons since more mobs die faster there, sometimes before most of your dot damage beats out a typical spammable.

In trials, I bet Maarselok would beat both options. Great single target like Selens, but aoe damage to deal with trash as well as the benefit of Master DW in that its an applied dot. In trials you have a better chance of hitting that +150% damage. Not everyone likes bashing on that 7s cd though.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit