Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never Received a Master Writ

Chief_Worm
Chief_Worm
Soul Shriven
Hello,

In need of some guidance..I'm relatively new to ESO, but have crafting up to 50 and all skills maxed out in two professions. I do my writs every day and have never received a master writ as a reward? Is there something additional I need to do in order to receive one?

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are doing Top Tier Writs, then you will get Master Writs eventually. Not only having the skills leveled, but having the Material Passives topped out. This requires 10 Skill Points for most everyone one, except Jewelry and Provisioning.

There are several things that can help, like knowing Traits and Motifs for Gear Writs, Reagents and Solvents for the Alchemy, Potencies and Essences for all levels for the Enchanting and Purple and Gold Recipes for Provisioning.

Even then, it is Random or RNG, if you only are doing two top tier writs each day, it could be weeks before you get a Master Writ. Or, it could be tomorrow.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did not see any master writs on my first crafter until I started researching my 8th trait on Metal, cloth, and wood I think.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did not see any master writs on my first crafter until I started researching my 8th trait on Metal, cloth, and wood I think.

That's a matter of RNG, though. Players can get master writs even before that point. But, the more traits you know, the better your chances. Still, just a coincidence.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chief_Worm wrote: »
    Hello,

In need of some guidance..I'm relatively new to ESO, but have crafting up to 50 and all skills maxed out in two professions. I do my writs every day and have never received a master writ as a reward? Is there something additional I need to do in order to receive one?

Thanks!

Welcome to ESO!

The chances of sealed writ depends on several factors
    1. You must be at the maximum crafting profession proficiency. (AKA you must have invested the maximum number of skill points in Solvent Improvement, Recipe Improvement, etc..)
    2. Increase your drop chances for equipment writs by: learning complete sets of as many non-crown store exclusive motifs and researching all the traits for all the items.
    3. Provisioning: Learn as many purple and gold recipes as you can afford.
    4. Alchemy: Obtain all of the trait-based achievements (Toxicologist, Botanist, etc.)

Good luck!
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps