The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Aways to farm gold in ESO 2020

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
hi, i'm experienced player in making gold, through crafting, and i can sustain myself in all my needs, but i have friends that are returning to eso and wants to make gold, but hates crafting (they just like killing stuff)

I tried to search google, but the videos were too outdated, some public dungeons were nerfed to the ground, so i'm here trying to ask you guys the best places to farm gold right know in 2020. ( they just have morrowind and summerset in chapters )

Most guides point at the vile manse and lion's den, are they still legit to make gold in 2020? if the answer to this question is yes, how much gold can you make farming these public dungeons in an hour?

They tried set farming, but wasn't that effective with the RNG (and the right traits)

We tried tel var farming too, we were doing well but with the pvp event is rly impossible to gather stones even near your alliance base in the sewers.

Any ideas? if you guys can help me, help them i would be rly thankfull
Edited by Icaruzs on June 29, 2020 8:31AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my question is whether they are wanting to farm actual gold (dropped coins), random items to sell to an npc vendor, or gear/items that can be sold for gold via guild traders/zone chat?

Honestly one of the most common "farms" is the Alik'r and/or Auridon dolmen farms. The jewelry can be sold pretty reliably for people who want to deconstruct it to level the crafting line or for temper grains. The other items can be sold to npcs or deconstructed for mats.

Finding a zone that has plentiful alchemy nodes and selling those on guild traders can be profitable, too.

Lastly, if they have multiple characters and a penchant for thievery, they can cycle through the boats in Daggerfall, Glenumbra harbor. All the items inside the boats are "owned" so they can be sold to a fence for decent gold, yet there are no npcs below decks to catch you in the act. You can literally run as fast as possible stealing stuff, then leave the boats and the outlaws refuge is only a 10-second run away. Entering/leaving the refuge resets the boats' inventories of stolen good, so you can rinse and repeat until each character has met their daily fencing limit. This also works great for leveling up the legerdemain skill line.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I guess my question is whether they are wanting to farm actual gold (dropped coins)

i think dropped coins will be better for them, they will see the gold right in front of them

• furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that they want to focus on killing stuff, my basic strategy would be to farm stuff that drops leather (the bear farm in Bangkorai is good for this), then refine to get the wax, and sell the wax. Also, run the dailies for things that drop high value items, like the Solitude quests, since even the green and blue recipe drops go for big gold, as do the motif pages. That will diminish over time as the market saturates, so the time to do that is now.

During the MM event, farming IC is lucrative because the PvE players who don't like IC are willing to pay big gold for the Legion Zero/2nd Legion style pages that drop there. Don't focus on the telvar, just maximize your farming of bosses and do enough damage to make sure you are able to loot them. I've made about a million since the event started from selling style pages that drop off bosses in the sewers and districts (you can get two or three in a couple of hours, and they are going for 30-60K each as of yesterday), as well as some of the more attractive PvP gear items that drop in the Cyrodiil town dailies (e.g. Deadly, Potentates, Elf Bane). It's not as efficient time-wise as crafting, but it's one way to go while still having fun.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    If they like to kill player AP are a "decent" way to make money. Buying motiff or items from cyrodill, items from the boxes rewards, especially jewelry, and getting mats due of refining the others is a way to substain your economy.

Is not the better way but is the way I just becouse i hate farming or speculate with the guild store.
  • jbonifacejr
    jbonifacejr
    Soul Shriven
    It's not exciting, but you can make 5M a month working the Gold Farm in Reaper's March.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial still drop a decent amount gold.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exciting, but you can make 5M a month working the Gold Farm in Reaper's March.

Where is the Reapers march gold farm?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is the Reapers march gold farm?

I would imagine they're talking about The Vile Manse public dungeon since it has a lot of human mobs that drop gold and salable items.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy low and sell high, quick and easy.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could always sell crowns....its the easiest way to get gold with minimal in game effort...IRL efforts will vary.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Credits to JHartEllis who made this guid how to earn gold by crafting provisioning things and vendoring to npc.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nieaafi1pjK5Cg4jY1ECTKTQGb0_6p0hDJ3eImfaarU/edit#gid=0
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »
    Credits to JHartEllis who made this guid how to earn gold by crafting provisioning things and vendoring to npc.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nieaafi1pjK5Cg4jY1ECTKTQGb0_6p0hDJ3eImfaarU/edit#gid=0

mmm I don't understand... just craft receipts and sell?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The difference between an MMO and a single player game is that there are no obvious ways to grind gold in an MMO that are not challenging and/or time-consuming. If there were, everyone else would do it, too. So then, the price of things would just adjust to reflect that. If tomorrow ESO made mobs drop 1k gold on each kill, the price of everything would skyrocket to make that 1k gold worth about the same amount of gold they drop today.

So you are left with: farm mats, farm motifs, farm plans, etc. Or get really lucky with a super rare drop.