The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infernal Guardian

areeb14_ESO
areeb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Does it trigger with the set Hatchling Shell?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately not, @areeb14_ESO, proc sets can't trigger from another proc set ... and the tooltip on Infernal Guardian specifically says "abilities".
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    BUT, other things besides "abilities" do actually proc this set.

I wore Infernal Guardian while tanking a normal non-dlc dungeon (just for fun) and I noticed that it was randomly proccing for no apparent reason.
    I believe it was one of these or maybe all of them:

Champion Point (red) Steed tree - 120 points - "Reinforced" when you block gain a tiny damage shield
    or
    Psajic Skill line passive "Concentrated Barrier" - when you have a Psajic skill slotted and you block, you get a damage shield
    or
    Destruction Staff skill line passive - "Tri-focus" - with a Frost Staff equipped, heavy attack grants a damage shield

I don't think I was using a Frost Staff and I probably did not slot a Psajic skill either, so I believe it must have been the CP passive "Reinforced".
    Another thing that "used to" proc it was a damage shield weapon enchantment. I believe this still works.

Note: never tested the set Lunar Bastion (drops in Maw of Lorkaw) but it would be nifty if the little damage shield granted to the whole group could proc Infernal Guardian worn by anyone in the group. Just for fun.

Hope this helps.

Edited by TankHealz2015 on June 28, 2020 7:54PM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    June 29, 2020 Tested on PTS
    Necromancer
    Infernal Guardian monster helm set and Lunar Bastion armor set. no other armor, no weapons, no CP, nothing.
    Necromancer - Avid boneyard skill (this morph allows to use your own synergy)
    Duel - just to have an enemy to target.
    Placed the Avid Graveyard on the ground and waited for the synergy.
    Hit the synergy and then the Infernal Guardian procced.
    Confirmed Lunar Bastion armor set does proc the Infernal Guardian fireballs.
    Interesting.
    Edited by TankHealz2015 on June 29, 2020 7:20PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI, Infernal Guardian can occasionally be a nuisance to tanks. In things like VAA, it can aggro the axes and pull them into the group. But more often, it can start a boss fight in a trial inadvertently by raining meteors down before the group gets set. Not saying don't use the set, but be aware of some situations where you might not want to use it or at least hold off on applying your shields until the fight begins.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely procs off a back-bar shield glyph enchantment, which is great in vMA!
    PC-NA
  • areeb14_ESO
    areeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I wouldn't take her into a big thing like that. She was made to be a solo survivalist. Take on World bosses solo with enough dps to pass. I never expected her to be able to tank a Vet dungeon so well.