The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pet attacks -- direct or DoT?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
What are pet basic attacks characterized as these days -- direct damage or DoTs?

They SHOULD be DoTs in my opinion, but that doesn't mean they are.

And whatever the general rule is, are there any pet special attacks that contradict it?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard they're Direct Damage. And most online sources refer to them scaling with direct damage CP, not Thaumaturge
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard they're Direct Damage. And most online sources refer to them scaling with direct damage CP, not Thaumaturge

Ack. I really like having Treasure Hunter, but it's hard to justify from a DPS standpoint.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magsorc pets dk direct attacks. buff with master at arms not thaumsturge
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, the previous comments are not correct. The Sorcerer Twilight's attacks are direct damage. The Volatile familiars base attacks are direct damage, but its AoE pulse is damage over time. The Clannfear is direct damage, while the Atronach is direct damage and damage over time and scales with both.

On other classes I do not want to comment for certain.
    Edited by Dracane on June 28, 2020 9:21AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.