The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Every class should have a in house major sorcery and brutality buff

wastelandexplorer1
So I feel that just as title said this is a needed not so much from a pve perspective but a pvp tri pots are to valuable to give up in pvp and while mag has entropy stam is tied to dw or 2h I for one would like to run thinks like mabey duel snb or snb bow ect but to do that I have to give up my tri pots and I swear to god don’t u dare say be a lizard
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. I do not think classes need to be homogenized and that is what is being suggested. There are other sources for the buffs mentioned.
  • wastelandexplorer1
    It’s not tho only 2 classes don’t have it built in templar and necro every other class has it. So it wouldn’t do anything but make life easier by adding it to the last 2
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not tho only

By definition, it is since the suggestion is for all classes to be the same in this respect.
  • wastelandexplorer1
    Ok don’t give it to all classes but they need to give at least brutality to all weapon lines I don’t care how I just want to be able to run duel snb without giving up my tri pots that’s the point u shouldn’t have to give up somthing s good to get what all bu 2 classes have built in
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Rattlecage -- Major Sorcery. Dreugh King -- Major Brutality.

Templar and Necromancer, designed to be in melee without extremely strong class shields, but instead heals that tie to damage, can make great use of these sets -- 2 body, 3 jewelry
    Edited by Vajrak on June 27, 2020 7:50PM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Ok don’t give it to all classes but they need to give at least brutality to all weapon lines I don’t care how I just want to be able to run duel snb without giving up my tri pots that’s the point u shouldn’t have to give up somthing s good to get what all bu 2 classes have built in

duel SnB -- run Dreugh King -- 100% uptime then. Problem solved. The crit bonuses from losing 2 Medium armor, or even going full dreugh, not a huge issue for PvP purposes.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please no.

Not every class has access to major brutality, or major savagery. Same goes for major fracture/breach.

Not every class has minor protection, or minor mending, or minor berserk.

That's part of the fun of this game. Building a good character means plugging the holes in your class kit with gear, potions, and misc skills.

In your example, you want to run s/b and bow but still want major brutality... well did you ever consider that losing major brutality is the balancing act of gaining major fracture, minor maim, and minor heroism from s/b?

Bottom line, you give every class major brutality/savagery... you are homogenizing the classes and watering/dumbing down the game. Might as well give every class every major buff/debuff right?
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it's the opposite; every class should be a prominent source of a "Major" buff and "Minor" buffs should be accessible through either class lines or non-class lines.

No source of "Major" anything should come from non-class lines but they can come as 5 piece set bonuses but that's my opinion. Major buffs should feel both powerful and unique to your classes existence or something you had to sacrifice and choose an armor set for; they aren't obtainable otherwise. And yes I'm including potions in this because I feel like potions should supply their own incredibly unique and game changing bonuses beyond just handing you buffs that are already available with other means.

Between Berserk, Brutality, Courage, Endurance, Evasion, Force, Fortitude, Heroism, Intellect, Mending, Prophecy, Protection, Resolve, Savagery, Sorcery, and Vitality there are 16 Major buffs (not including Slayer, Aegis, Expedition, Gallop) and we currently have 6 classes. That's more than enough to shuffle major buffs between them all and make them worth a good deal to mix and match in a trial/pvp setup for group content. You could even lock some of them behind using either a Magicka based or Stamina based skill (Prophecy, Mending, etc. Ones that aren't cross-compatible with resource pools) so that having that stam version of the class in your group doesn't provide the full potential benefit of that class.

Potions should become more like the changes they did to Armor potions; supplying their own unique buff to allow further tailoring of custom builds rather than narrowing choices.