The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finishing move, when ?

aenax
aenax
✭✭✭
My templar finishing move description is as follows : " does up to 480% more damage when the target is below 50%". But i m sure that the bonus is not at 480% when the mob is at 50%. It seems to me that the bonus evolve from 0% at 50% to 480% at 1% (it is a guess, may be it is a linear scale may be not.

Using it is a bit annoying because it is channeled.

I usually try to use it while maintaining my buff and then putting the spell that record damage and deliver them in between my finisher.

But i don' t know when it starts to really pay off, probably not at 50%, may be around 30 ....

If anyone did testing i will be happy to get some data or formulaes.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming you're on PC, from your forum profile. You can try the addon titled "HowToBeam". I believe it works through multiple stages of priority, starting with replacing your spammable, then most of your rotation, and finally just beaming, but I don't have experience with it myself and could probably use a lot more practice on my magplar.
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're on PC, from your forum profile. You can try the addon titled "HowToBeam". I believe it works through multiple stages of priority, starting with replacing your spammable, then most of your rotation, and finally just beaming, but I don't have experience with it myself and could probably use a lot more practice on my magplar.

hoping for more feedback, i have already too many add-on and the game load very slowly due to that ;-) From what you wrote i get that my impression was right, the lower are the mob hps the more efficient it gets. From small tests solo it is clear that 50% is not the saddle point. And as you wrote the closer to zero a mob gets the higher is the priority of the finisher ;-)

So like you suggest you may skip rebuffing at some point and even skip purifying light for the last %.