The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stained Glass of Lunar Phases doesn't work in Enchanted Snowglobe [FIXED]

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yes, it's night. I thought it'd look really charming in a structure I'm building with one of the Alinor greenhouses, alas. :(
Edited by SickleCider on July 2, 2020 5:37AM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's facing the right way? Only one side projects.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it's facing the right way? Only one side projects.

Yup. :( I know about that. I ported to a different house immediately afterward to test it and it worked just fine.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to work in mine - maybe it's a temporary bug in yours?

ToDrn9q.png

Sadly, it doesn't really work with my colour scheme.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Seems to work in mine - maybe it's a temporary bug in yours?

ToDrn9q.png

Sadly, it doesn't really work with my colour scheme.

I'll try again!

I kind of like the way the indigos pop against the reds.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's something to do with the greenhouse?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought so too, so I took it inside the house to try on several different walls.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so too, so I took it inside the house to try on several different walls.

Still doesn't work?

Do you have a lot of items with effects in there already?

As the game seems to selectively deactivate effects (fountains, braziers etc.), if you have a lot of items with them in one house.

Edited by Tigerseye on June 29, 2020 1:37AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Still doesn't work?

Do you have a lot of items with effects in there already?

As the game seems to selectively deactivate effects (fountains, braziers etc.), if you have a lot of items with them in one house.

Hmm, I'll try the window again and take stock of my "fancy" stuff when I play later. I've got some street lamps, a couple fireplace fires, candles, wedding blossoms and several trees that have a breeze animation. Oh, and one of those steaming kettles.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound like that many then?

The only place it always happens in, for me, is the Hew's Bane palace.

Which has tons of fountains, already and then I added loads of braziers and chandeliers.
  • AvaLanche1
    AvaLanche1
    ✭✭
    There’s definitely an issue with this furnishing. I first placed it in my Alinor Townhouse and the reflection fell properly. I decided to try placing it in other locations liking for the”right” place but noticed the reflection was now gone. Log off. Log on. Spin it around. Tried different houses. No reflection. It’s still a beautiful stained glass window but the reflection element which made it truly amazing is broken. :(
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, everyone! I just tried it again tonight, and I don't know what the difference is, but it now works. I don't know if it's a bug that resolved itself or if I removed an item that was interfering.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, mine has decided to stop working in my Grand Topal manor :( I've changed nothing there. Just walked in this morning and the reflection is gone.
  • Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Soul Shriven
    I noticed a while back that the reflection seemed to depend on how clear the sky is. Whenever the sky is mostly clear in my meadow I have the reflection, but if it is significantly cloudy (or raining) there is no reflection. Time of day doesn't seem to be a factor, since I've had the reflection both during the day and night as long as it wasn't cloudy out. Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents.