Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What class for only 1 bar

Kwik1
Kwik1
✭✭✭✭
So my son is wanting to play the game but he will have difficulty doing 2 bars, but other than that he will do fine and he understands how the game plays.

I am wondering what class would be best as far as good DPS and also have some self healing, and I think he is leaning to Stamina Necro. I have a feeling he will prefer 2h weapon style so the little reading I have done seems to show that Stamina Necro's are in a good place right now, but will it be decent with only 1 bar? Or is it highly dependent on 2 bars?

He might be able to handle having vigor on second bar if the primary bar could handle all the other skills he might need.

Any recommendations? I have a full crafter that can make him anything he wants but I only recently came back after 2 years or so away from the game and have no idea how everything stands right now.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend just letting him roll whatever he wants, for questing etc it doesn't matter.

In addition I will recommend to use both bars anyway. I know that it is a bit overwhelming in the start, but try doing 1 bar for buffs+heals, 1 bar for dmg abilities is relatively comfortable, and lets you use additional 6 skills. With time, he will get used to it.
    Edited by zvavi on June 26, 2020 11:09PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For questing and normal non-DLC dungeons, Stam Necro should be fine. Can spam Brawler on ANY stamina class and be pretty invulnerable in PvE as long as you have food up and enough Stamina sustain for it. Can probably use Ruinous Scythe and be fine, as well, but it is high-cost and low damage (relatively). BiS with Fang Lair Axe weapon style lol

Wardens and Sorcs (mag or stam) have great passive self-healing for 1-bar builds, and Magicka Templars are amazing because you can just spam sweeps at everything, which heals you while dealing damage (plus Sun Shield is nice).

Other than Brawler, I think all Stam Necro has going for a 1-bar self healing build is Ruinous Scythe, but a set like Briarheart (once he's level 50) helps, too. A lot of stam classes don't get Stamina heals-over-time because vigor is available, which would require some PvP. I'd consider good Stamina recovery, but if he's not using a skill exactly every 1 second, it might be less necessary :~p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magical templar is awesome on one bar, and the second bar if he ever wants to try it is so easy.
    Bar 1: purifying light, puncturing sweeps, radiant oppression, inner light (mages guild, just for passive major prophesy and +5% max mag) radiant aura (just for passive +10% mag, stam, health regen)
    Just hit purifying light every six seconds and spam sweeps down to 50% health then spam radiant oppression until its dead.
    If he wanted to add bar 2: blazing spear, unstable wall of elements, solar barrage, inner light again, and radiant aura again.
    Fire or lighting staff for both/either. Can slot an extra heal or ritual of retribution on the back bar (definitely ritual if he wants to do Elsweyr dragon fights) to add the second bar in just hit blazing spear, unstable wall, solar barrage, swap to bar one and do the one bar rotation then swap back when purifying light ends. Because the back bar skills are all 10 seconds and purifying light is 6 seconds they line up perfectly and have nice animations to show when it's time to switch. Add a light attack between each skill and you have 20k+ dps that is basically immortal, the healing from puncturing sweeps will keep you up though almost anything, and resources are no issue on a breton at least.

I usually play a healer because I suck at rotations and I can dps just fine with this build on my healer (all CP and gear specked for a healer) I use crescent sweeps as an ult because it's fun (mages guild and destroy staff ults are probably better but I like the animation and its cheap) its a great build to learn on and good enough to solo most world bosses, plus it's super forgiving of mistakes
    Edited by Athyrium93 on June 27, 2020 12:46AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having 2 bars is good without having to swap in battle.

Have one bar for single target, one for AoE. Use a consistent skill layout like this:

1 Buff
    2 DoT
    3 Spam Damage
    4 Spam Damage or Shield
    5 Shield or Heal

This way, no matter what bar, its 1 2 3 4 5. Make the AOE bar have a different weapon or weapon style so he can tell at a glance what one he is on.

Almost any class can be a one bar wonder. Mag sorc, Magplar, StamBlade, MagDK are easy, but any class can be done.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwik1 wrote: »
    So my son is wanting to play the game but he will have difficulty doing 2 bars, but other than that he will do fine and he understands how the game plays.

I am wondering what class would be best as far as good DPS and also have some self healing, and I think he is leaning to Stamina Necro. I have a feeling he will prefer 2h weapon style so the little reading I have done seems to show that Stamina Necro's are in a good place right now, but will it be decent with only 1 bar? Or is it highly dependent on 2 bars?

He might be able to handle having vigor on second bar if the primary bar could handle all the other skills he might need.

Any recommendations? I have a full crafter that can make him anything he wants but I only recently came back after 2 years or so away from the game and have no idea how everything stands right now.

#1: Let him choose a class, you help him pick a good race, then teach him 2 bars, let him learn to play right.
    If he must be a 1 bar build, make him a magsorc with pets
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If hes just doing overland, Class doesnt really matter. 2h is a really good choice for one bar. Just load up the weapkn line abilities and go to town. Gives you
    - gap closer
    - spammable aoe with shield
    - - spammanle single target ability with stun
    - execute
    - comnined maj brutality + heal

You really dont need much more than that.

• Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from class, he could also go werewolf, which is one bar only anyway. If you decide to take werewolf with him, it will extend the timer for both of you, and if one of you takes the packleader morph, the direwolf pets also extend the timer, giving the maximum duration of having 4 wolves in the group.