The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loosing connection to the server

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
Since today (26.06.2020) - one day after the event has started - i keep loosing connection to the server, when in Cyrodiil. It hasn't happened once in the weeks before this. To be fair - my Internet is not the best and it very well could have been on my end but i doubt it, as it was fine for weeks and only happens in Cyrodiil.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not only you. I also lose connection often and it's not my internet. Right now, just got kicked from server after travelling to Craglorn.

EU server is pure trash.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @maddiniiLuna

What error message are you getting when disconnected from ESO?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Timeout when trying to connect to the server.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't happen at all in PvE gameplay, except the sunspire freeze that i had, but that's a different story. I only ever loose connection in Cyrodiil.
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    Can't log in either. Hangs when loaded the instance and then the game crashes to login what a mess.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

Typical Cyrodiil experience:

1. Ride to keep under attack.
    2. crash
    3. log in again
    4. crash
    5. log in again
    6. crash
    7. log in again
    8. back at wayshrine gate
    9. ride to keep
    10. crash

extremely frustrating it has been like this for MONTHS
    Its not just me we lose 4-5 people from group every siege
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    I always get "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

Typical Cyrodiil experience:

1. Ride to keep under attack.
    2. crash
    3. log in again
    4. crash
    5. log in again
    6. crash
    7. log in again
    8. back at wayshrine gate
    9. ride to keep
    10. crash

extremely frustrating it has been like this for MONTHS
    Its not just me we lose 4-5 people from group every siege

I wish i was that lucky. In 8 of 10 cases when i crash, i'll be outside of Cyrodiil and have to wait in Que for an hour. I'd rather crash one time more often then having to wait an hour, but that's just me :D
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @maddiniiLuna

Rebooting your home router can help if these disconnections are happening often enough that the game is becoming unplayable. If there is a specific zone where you get disconnected, try traveling to a different area to see if performance improves.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @maddiniiLuna

Rebooting your home router can help if these disconnections are happening often enough that the game is becoming unplayable. If there is a specific zone where you get disconnected, try traveling to a different area to see if performance improves.

This isn't a home router issue. This has been ongoing for years in Cyrodiil. I get the you have no internet message after a kick. Usually it occurs when entering a heavily defended keep in a pop locked campaign. Then I spend a few minutes getting error 304 still logged in.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It often happens when porting to an outpost in cyrodiil during a largish fight, you arrive and everyone is standing still, this has happened for years.

When you reload the game and load a character it may place you back in the game but often you get the check your internet message, second time it works OK but sometimes you are dead in the pve place you were in when you entered PVP land.

Resetting your router may help, but it has done nothing for me.