The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which class?

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking to change it up and play a stam class for the first time in a LONG while.
How are they comparing currently.
I'm looking at either,
Stamplar
Stamsorc
Stam dk
I have. a warden but nothing is leveld where as I could swap out my mag classes for any of the above fairly easily and have everything unlocked/leveled.
Thanks
  • Liccao
    Liccao
    ✭✭
    Stampler
    Simple rotation, just fill there skill bar up like Bitting Jab, Power of the Light and then Fighters Guild for the slayer passive
    Backbar you have Endless Hail and Repentance then stack up with Fighters Guild. Just remember one of the Fighters Guild on one of the bars have to be Trap. for the miner force.

Then Jab your way to the top only use Power of the light and Endless hail when they are off your target.

The Stampler is that one of them there can't go Bow/Bow spec acturlly. I aksed a friend about a setup for Bow/Bow and he directly told me to go Magplar cuz that would make better DPS. My Templer is an Orc so :)

Stam Sorc
    I have talk to alot players and most of them says its the most fun. I cant agree with them cuz there sustain issues so playing a stamsorc as miss race like I have with an Argonain you can't make a full rotation without Heavy Attacking. Therefor I dont play or know there is a new build or if they have got some improvements.

Stam DK. They are damn fun but not meta so you will find out that if wanna play in the Trial environment you can be sortet by that choise

Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Warden
    Name: Saliandros

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pve insight what about pvp more specifically
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liccao wrote: »
    Stampler
    Simple rotation, just fill there skill bar up like Bitting Jab, Power of the Light and then Fighters Guild for the slayer passive
    Backbar you have Endless Hail and Repentance then stack up with Fighters Guild. Just remember one of the Fighters Guild on one of the bars have to be Trap. for the miner force.

Then Jab your way to the top only use Power of the light and Endless hail when they are off your target.

The Stampler is that one of them there can't go Bow/Bow spec acturlly. I aksed a friend about a setup for Bow/Bow and he directly told me to go Magplar cuz that would make better DPS. My Templer is an Orc so :)

Stam Sorc
    I have talk to alot players and most of them says its the most fun. I cant agree with them cuz there sustain issues so playing a stamsorc as miss race like I have with an Argonain you can't make a full rotation without Heavy Attacking. Therefor I dont play or know there is a new build or if they have got some improvements.

Stam DK. They are damn fun but not meta so you will find out that if wanna play in the Trial environment you can be sortet by that choise
    This is the PvP sub-forum :p

In regards to the original question - the baseline, generic Stamina toolkit is so strong that every Stamina class is good. You can cheese it up with proc sets on a bow build for no-CP, which is probably best done with a Sorcerer (though is OP on every class). If you'd rather go melee, Templar's damage remains ridiculously overpowered but they tend to be less durable than DK, and obviously less mobile than Sorc.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with wheem. Every stam class is strong. You could probably put stamblade at the bottom of them all. Tier list wise it probably goes something like this. (remember everyone has their own opinion)

Necro
    Warden
    Dk
    Sorc
    Plar
    Nightblade

Again any of these make fine choices, it all comes down to which one you want to play!

Good races would also be: Nord/Orc
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ok, i really dont know what i wanna play right now.. its a weird patch
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Hmmm ok, i really dont know what i wanna play right now.. its a weird patch
    Play what ever you think you would enjoy most all the classes can be good 👍
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Agreed with wheem. Every stam class is strong. You could probably put stamblade at the bottom of them all. Tier list wise it probably goes something like this. (remember everyone has their own opinion)

Necro
    Warden
    Dk
    Sorc
    Plar
    Nightblade

Again any of these make fine choices, it all comes down to which one you want to play!

Good races would also be: Nord/Orc

Avoiding damage is king this patch, therefore i would put stamblade and stamsorc higher up than DTAmoral did. Especially some mythic items complete some classes, so that they are very vicious.

As said, mobility is very important nowadays and stamsorc certainly has the best toolkit for that with innate minor velocity, streak or another ranged damage absorbtion with ball of lightning. Especially in no cp this class becomes a top spec in PvP.

Stamina nightblade was the original engage-disengage class and this playstyle pays off with the lowered healing. Especially the rolly-polly playstyle is very strong these days. Additionally you can go full damage and let one mythic item cover you whole sustain.

Both pretty much winners of the changes, meanwhile stamcro naturally has still other advantages with their tankyness.

I would recommend on one of those three dependent on preferred playstyle (speed, rolly-polly and cloak or tankyness).
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm considering doing a stamblade with the following, what do you think.
    Troll king
    Ancient dragonguard or eternal hunt
    Nma
    Master bow
    And using jewels of misrule for regen on both resources - I dont have the ptw mythics (my choice I know)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you not oversustaining with eternal hunt and jewels of misrule? Not that I doubt your damage. My stamsorc is wearing ancient dragon guard AND eternal vigor, has like 5k wd and even that semi low number does seem like enough in no cp. But if I had one complaint it’d be that I’m oversustaining.

And I guess on a bit of a funny note... if you end up wearing new moons, eternal vigor, masters bow, and troll king... I don’t think you need to worry about pay to win you’ve got most of the recent cheese in there lol. The mythic items are pretty cool. And pretty darn good. But everything you intend to use is still “meta” I think.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I kinda read your post wrong yes I think nma and ancient dg would be a pretty good combo. And jewels of misrule makes more sense. I guess what I want to say is just that eternal vigor is good but yes if I were you I wouldn’t. And your setup sounds good I wouldn’t worry about the mythic if you don’t wanna spend the money :)
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so settled on stamsorc as prefer brawling similar to what I did on my main (magplar), didnt wanna go stamplar as it's to similar.
    The build seems ok so far, more trialling required.
    Engine guardian
    Ancient guardian
    New moons front (maul)
    Potentates back (bow)

• Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    My stamsorc is wearing ancient dragon guard AND eternal vigor, has like 5k wd and even that semi low number does seem like enough in no cp.

Where are you getting all that wep damage from ? ><
    On my nightblade iam wearing NMA + spriggan, full wep damage jewelry and barely hitting 5k.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Ok, so settled on stamsorc as prefer brawling similar to what I did on my main (magplar), didnt wanna go stamplar as it's to similar.
    The build seems ok so far, more trialling required.
    Engine guardian
    Ancient guardian
    New moons front (maul)
    Potentates back (bow)

With this set up buffed (not continuous) I have just over 5.5k