The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just a reminder - 1vX during MYM

Mayrael
Mayrael
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you plan to flood the forums with videos of 1vX during MYM, make sure these videos contain high rank enemies, cause slaughtering PvE players during this event isn't real PvP, thanks.

Edit because I see a lot of confusion:
1. By high rank I mean more experienced players at least, it's a big simplification. I know rank doesn't have to correspond with skill.
2.To make it clear, I made this thread so the ones who are recording their gameplay and plan to post it, to warm them that I and I think most of us would like to see really good clips, not 20 minutes of 1v2 PvErs.

As mentioned above 1v20? Awesome! Give it to me! Bomb for 50k tel vars? Moar! Biting and pulling alone vs 30 man zerg? Oh yes please! Wiping zerg 2v20? I want it!

1v2/3/4 PvErs that never stepped into Cyro/IC and stomping them with Sub+Dawnbreaker or Blast bones+Colossus? Ummm nope, I am doing similar things every few minutes on my own, this is nothing special.
Edited by Mayrael on June 26, 2020 8:23AM
Say no to Toxic Casuals!
I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    If you plan to flood the forums with videos of 1vX during MYM, make sure these videos contain high rank enemies, cause slaughtering PvE players during this event isn't real PvP, thanks.

Whether they are high rank or not is irrelevant. High rank doesn't automatically mean they will be a good player or a worthy challenge. There are plenty of high rank noobs/PvEr's. And low rank or low CP doesn't automatically make them bad players either. Just saying xD
    Edited by Akinos on June 26, 2020 5:42AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And here someone told me that 1vX always involves slaughtering potatos. Am I wrong?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

Whether they are high rank or not is irrelevant .High rank doesn't automatically mean they will be a good player or a worthy challenge. There are plenty of high rank noobs/PvEr's. And low rank or low CP doesn't automatically make them bad players either. Just saying xD

I knew it will be the first thing someone will point out, I know it, but almost ALL PvE players have low ranks - this is just the big big simplification, focus on the topic.

Making vids where someone is showing his 1vX skillz while slaughtering people who have no idea how to defend them selves even in a basic way is just cringe not awesome.

Why I am saying this? To prevent sudden flood of "PvP masters", even 1v5 PvE players requires little, especially when you play such AoE monsters like warden or necro.

Don't get me wrong, I like 1vX vids, just don't downgrade the quality of those.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    And here someone told me that 1vX always involves slaughtering potatos. Am I wrong?

Usually yes. But what we have there currently is just like OMG. When you meet PvP potato and PvE player there is noticeable difference. PvP potato knows how to break free and roll dodge, he may even try to use LoS, while PvErs just stand there CCed waiting to get killed, rarely they use break free but after that they just wait for execution - this is not PvP.

Some stats:
    Yesterday I had like 400 kills in IC (~300 was solo kills) and like 10 deaths, I earned well over 600k AP and almost 150k tell vars and you know what? I don't think this makes me suddenly God of PvP it's just the event effect.

Edited by Mayrael on June 26, 2020 6:00AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually yes. But what we have there currently is just like OMG. When you meet PvP potato and PvE player there is noticeable difference. PvP potato knows how to break free and roll dodge, he may even try to use LoS, while PvErs just stand there CCed waiting to get killed, rarely they use break free but after that they just wait for execution - this is not PvP.
    Awww. If they do that I usually break off my attack, but - hang on - I want the Tel Var and AP :)! I've never reaped Tel Var so easily. Some people either don't know what they are or don't know how to bank. Also, the ones I fought so far did attempt to fight back.

I agree with what you're saying, but am not sure why you're preemptively making this thread.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

imho 1vs20 PvEers is much more entertaining to watch than 1vs2 grand farmerlords

if you don't like some sort of content, it doesn't automatically mean that everyone else feel the same

it's like saying "I don't like gays, so god forbid anyone post photos of them in the internet"

• Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    TLDR: if you're going to share some MYM videos of you vs PVErs don't forget to add some garbage rap songs to it ;)
    Edited by Saubon on June 26, 2020 7:35AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

imho 1vs20 PvEers is much more entertaining to watch than 1vs2 grand farmerlords

if you don't like some sort of content, it doesn't automatically mean that everyone else feel the same

it's like saying "I don't like gays, so god forbid anyone post photos of them in the internet"

Oh 1v20 would be pretty awesome, this is quality content for sure! But 1v3 - 1v5 PvE players is not. Feel the difference, during MYM the bar is set higher than usual.

BTW if you watch those vids not only for fun you should watch 1v2 skilled opponents, it's very good opportunity to learn something, even if it's boring most of the time.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww. If they do that I usually break off my attack, but - hang on - I want the Tel Var and AP :)! I've never reaped Tel Var so easily. Some people either don't know what they are or don't know how to bank. Also, the ones I fought so far did attempt to fight back.

I agree with what you're saying, but am not sure why you're preemptively making this thread.

Oh I believe you will see :)

Edit:
    To make it clear, I made this thread so the ones who are recording their gameplay and plan to post it, to warm them that I and I think most of us would like to see really good clips, not 20 minutes of 1v2 PvErs.

As mentioned above 1v20? Awesome! Give it to me! Bomb for 50k tel vars? Moar! Biting and pulling alone vs 30 man zerg? Oh yes please! Wiping zerg 2v20? I want it!

1v2/3/4 PvErs that never stepped into Cyro/IC and stomping them with Sub+Dawnbreaker or Blast bones+Colossus? Ummm nope, I am doing similar things every few minutes on my own, this is nothing special.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 26, 2020 8:12AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I emp'd yesterday in the fake camp, was pretty brutal and hard fought as my guild, and the other guilds that came to help me did it during prime time. Was a lot of fun!

Should of got clips :( Of course of the 2 fake camps I decided to emp in the 1 that the other real pvp guilds went to as well as us. I thought to myself "I wont have to fight them here ill see them in a couple weeks when we all move back to gray host." Nope lol

Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake campaigns >_< aww man, you know we're pretty competitive over in Ravenwatch? We're not scared of the CP 'top end' players most of us have the same gear we just either a) really enjoy no cp, b) prefer to cyrodiil the same way we BG, or c) are wary of lag (but go to blackreach all the time if we're bored)

To be honest I think it'd be cool if you brought your crew over to Ravenwatch... though... I know you prolly won't because of having emp off and on. Maybe you can find two hours this weekend? If you can sneak your group into the que that is. Reds and Blues need an infusion of good players to be honest.

Anyway-- more on topic-- I kinda agree with this thread. It is oddly preemptive but still I can understand the plea. With all the zergs and the mild lag accompanied I have been dying a little more than lately. But I've also been encountering large numbers of... eh. Seas of siegers who just don't really stop sieging as your group of 5 wades DEEP into their ranks. And sometimes the 'clip' opportunities are so nasty you're sure they probably suffered some brutal lag. And it's really not worth sharing half the time, lol.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Fake campaigns >_< aww man, you know we're pretty competitive over in Ravenwatch? We're not scared of the CP 'top end' players most of us have the same gear we just either a) really enjoy no cp, b) prefer to cyrodiil the same way we BG, or c) are wary of lag (but go to blackreach all the time if we're bored).

LOL @OBJnoob I didnt mean to call that camp fake, I just meant the new ones added for the event that will disappear in a couple weeks I emp'd last night around 6-7? Was pretty crazy with all the pvp guilds from Gray Host in that camp I wasnt sure it was going to happen. lol

But hey I doubt I will get the squad to pull over, but I bet I can find some time away from the AP train to come over and smack some heads with you guys. Will probs get smacked around for awhile adjusting to no cp lol
    Edited by DTAmoral on June 26, 2020 5:37PM
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dude I didn't even realize they literally made new campaigns for this. I just assumed you were talking about some 7 day campaign that must've just started. Either way, I knew you were kinda joking.

Anyway don't get it twisted I only play yellow >_< I'm literally asking you to come and smack my head for a while. When you see the campaign score you'll understand.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally not going to listen to the op on this one 😁
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has begun
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on June 26, 2020 7:13PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk... I've clapped some "high ranking experienced PvP'ers" with little to no effort. If you're gonna post 1vX vids of those types of players than you may as well post them if you get me.

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no clue why this thread was even started.

Unless it's to brag about PvE player kills in Imperial City with the Pelinal's scroll turned on ... ?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 26, 2020 9:47PM
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder because the forums are definitely flooded with 1vX videos
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at the number of "pvpers" that bang on a tank and don't cc, stun, fear, or slow.
  • Mankeyyyyy
    Mankeyyyyy
    ✭✭
    Wait there's actually pvpers in this game? Huh I thought everyone just pvdoored since like 2016.
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    I hopped on mag dk basically for the first time and with 2 friends were wiping 15+man zerg super easy. It was like they are just there to give what little stones they have. Realy nothing impressive.
    Hard to find decent pvp in IC
    But regarding pvp videos, there is insane number of build or "skilled" gameplay where they go in bgs with low cp guys in baby mmr. Getting tired of it
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    artal wrote: »
    I hopped on mag dk basically for the first time and with 2 friends were wiping 15+man zerg super easy. It was like they are just there to give what little stones they have. Realy nothing impressive.
    Hard to find decent pvp in IC
    But regarding pvp videos, there is insane number of build or "skilled" gameplay where they go in bgs with low cp guys in baby mmr. Getting tired of it

Yup, thats the whole point of this thread. MYM can give false feeling of being really good in PvP... I wont mention certain thread but I've already seen vids with "epic battles against hordes of enemies"... who don't know how to cc break, time roll dodge or heal them selves up, not to mention dealing damage...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Having delved in a few different MMO forums for the past decade I have to say that it's impressive ESO even with a much smaller community and worst pvp than most other MMO's has by far the largest amount of egocentric driven claiming to be a PVP god players. Apparently in this game everyone and their mothers can ez clap everyone else. Feels bad being me and not being able to ez clap other people, that said I don't really have the need to be validated for such a thing.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1vX is almost always a knowledgeable player beating up on less skilled players.

Hate to break it to you but 1 well built experienced player is not winning a 1v3 against opponents of equal standings.

People love to believe there is this huge skill gap or window of opportunity for a player to outplay other players for clips "worthy" of what the op suggests, when the harsh truth is that 9 times put of ten, it is heavily influenced by outlying factors beyond player skill.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 1, 2020 11:40PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I’ve never been able to x anything other than potato’s so I don’t really try. I wouldn’t say 1 really good player can’t beat three good players though. I’d say it requires a little luck but... I think 1v3 is pretty much “the goal.” Now give me a partner and my odds increase significantly as good teamwork always does.

People that actually go out there and x every day? Honestly, even if they all do suck, I still am impressed. Very very rare for me to have 10+ people on me and do much more than run away and/or explode.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Yea I’ve never been able to x anything other than potato’s so I don’t really try. I wouldn’t say 1 really good player can’t beat three good players though. I’d say it requires a little luck but... I think 1v3 is pretty much “the goal.” Now give me a partner and my odds increase significantly as good teamwork always does.

People that actually go out there and x every day? Honestly, even if they all do suck, I still am impressed. Very very rare for me to have 10+ people on me and do much more than run away and/or explode.

You just have to be very persistent and fail 50 times before you manage to get that one good take of footage that is going to make it worth for hours of failing. Either that or you just know where all the potatoes gather en masse, I reckon that's a bit of both.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 1, 2020 11:59PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I mean I know that’s right but I’m also pretty sure some people are just that good. Or almost actually that good. I have some friends that are better than me, and/or play classes better suited for Xing, and they pretty much smack 5 people at a time. And they kite absurd numbers. And sometimes they fail miserably -shrugs- for me the occasional 1v3 against people I think are average or better completely satisfies me. It’s hard to sustain in no cp.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exeeter702 wrote: »
    1vX is almost always a knowledgeable player beating up on less skilled players.

Hate to break it to you but 1 well built experienced player is not winning a 1v3 against opponents of equal standings.

People love to believe there is this huge skill gap or window of opportunity for a player to outplay other players for clips "worthy" of what the op suggests, when the harsh truth is that 9 times put of ten, it is heavily influenced by outlying factors beyond player skill.

Yes, and I don't mind top players killing mid-low skill PvP players, but pure PvE players are on a completely different skill level when it goes to PvP.

Bad players just try to play with what they have, mid players from time to time can spot a chance to do something, good players always know how to use opportunity, top players know how to create opportunity - this the difference.

PvErs just stand still and die - I don't want to insult anyone, I'm a PvE scrub that have no idea how to rotate to get good DPS, but these are facts, they just die so recording this and naming it as a "1vX" is just wrong.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those videos first of all are for entertainment. So who cares if this is during event or not, if there was some massive killing spree, be sure to upload it and share the fun!
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Who are you to judge? Forum Police? Let people upload what ever the *** they want, and if you dont like it tell them in their thread. Even though those aren't as useless as this one.

He is not the police, nor in the place to tell others what to do but the point still remains: some of those actions are quite pathetic and every single one of them is not something to brag about.
    If you really want to show the community your... "feats" out of a misplaced sense of power and pride, then do so at the risk of your own dignity.
    Edited by Algorax on July 2, 2020 12:48PM