The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Low Population Bonus] How is it determined?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Example:
Savirien-Chorak campaign, PC-NA, ~1730hrs.
AD has 3 bars. EP has 3 bars. DC has 1 bar. But AD has the Low Population bonus. How come?
I watched it for a while, even left and re-entered in case it was just the UI not yet updating.

Same campaign, ~1735 hrs. AD has Lock icon but no queue to get in (which admittedly isn't always the case when there is a Lock icon). EP still 3 bars, DC still 1 bar. I did some wall repairs and confirmed AD did in fact have the Low Population bonus.

How is an alliance "low population" when it has the highest population in the campaign?
Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 26, 2020 1:58AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iirc population is polled over regularly and then the bonus is given until the next polling or longer if the population doesn't change.

So you might find that the bonus is given, players mass join then until the next time it is polled the low pop remains.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On EU Blackreach DC had low pop bonus this morning, so a lot of em flocked to the campaign to take advantage of that.
    8k ap for a single kill is pretty juicy.
    Made like 500k ap in the hour an a half just solo killing ppl and helping taking some keeps.
    Its pretty crazy that the bonus gets multiplied by MYM scroll bonus.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iirc population is polled over regularly and then the bonus is given until the next polling or longer if the population doesn't change.

So you might find that the bonus is given, players mass join then until the next time it is polled the low pop remains.

Of course the system could be one where they poll the counts at intervals.
    But in the example I gave, the relative populations were steady over a fair period of time, probably even longer since when I first looked at the campaign, there's no telling how long that relative population and Low Population Bonus had held steady.

In the best case we could say the polling interval is too long.
    However, the population is 100% known all the time since people have to basically queue to enter. When someone successfully enters, they know that it happens so the tally would have to be updated to make sure no Alliance goes over population cap before they allow more people to enter.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 26, 2020 10:36AM