Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP enabled MagSorc with Thrassian Strangler

DTAmoral
DTAmoral
✭✭✭✭
Now that I have your attention. THIS happened last night. I met 2-3 MagSorcs that had the stranglers on, and they hit HARD. However they never fought open field, and they were always on a keep wall defending. Let me explain what I was on.

I was on my support sorc with 30k Resistances, 30k Health, 3000 Crit Resistance, and a ward.

Everybody was getting blown up by these guys frags, I couldnt believe it. I thought surely these guys are just squishy and thats why they are dying. Negative. I took 2 meteors blocking, and 2 frags after.

one meteor was like 7k blocking, they weaved in a force pulse 3k, and the 2 frags were 18k MONSTERS.

Now obviously this is a niche deal that really only works if you can sit on top of a keep, and defend. BUT I thought id share this since there isnt a huge talk about where Mythic items are being played. I did message, and confirmed that the Strangler was on the sorcs that were up top.
Xbox NA - EP
Team Rocket's Finest Support
We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we encountered that sorc the other night, but somehow it seemed like he either kept his stacks after he died or somehow magically killed npcs to build it back up. Later though I also one shot him with a merciless since he takes such an increased in damage from those stacks.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's why PvP is awesome, people will always find a way how to make something supposedly bad into something awesome... Except of lag, this can't be turned into something awesome.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we encountered that sorc the other night, but somehow it seemed like he either kept his stacks after he died or somehow magically killed npcs to build it back up. Later though I also one shot him with a merciless since he takes such an increased in damage from those stacks.

These two yellows would ALWAYS dip out and run when the final door broke. We caught them a couple times, but you are right after we would get to the next keep they would be back at it, at what feels like full stacks.

We did manage to get our MagWarden to drop a meteor on him and his friend up top and they insta popped. lol

With some light testing (MYM going on we didnt wanna test for to long) we found you could get up to 7k spell damage with just the strangler. Now imagine if you added other dps sets to that. Yeah brutal. lol You can probs have 10k spell damage easy if not more.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »

These two yellows would ALWAYS dip out and run when the final door broke. We caught them a couple times, but you are right after we would get to the next keep they would be back at it, at what feels like full stacks.

We did manage to get our MagWarden to drop a meteor on him and his friend up top and they insta popped. lol

With some light testing (MYM going on we didnt wanna test for to long) we found you could get up to 7k spell damage with just the strangler. Now imagine if you added other dps sets to that. Yeah brutal. lol You can probs have 10k spell damage easy if not more.

I run stranglers all the time in pve, and have ~8K spell damage and ~50K mag. Pretty astounding stats for a magicka build actually. Even loaded stamina builds are typically 5-7K weapon damage and only 30K stam.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were told, and they ignored. Enjoy the "balance" this patch.

So many broken builds, so little skill.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Now that I have your attention. THIS happened last night. I met 2-3 MagSorcs that had the stranglers on, and they hit HARD. However they never fought open field, and they were always on a keep wall defending. Let me explain what I was on.

I was on my support sorc with 30k Resistances, 30k Health, 3000 Crit Resistance, and a ward.

Everybody was getting blown up by these guys frags, I couldnt believe it. I thought surely these guys are just squishy and thats why they are dying. Negative. I took 2 meteors blocking, and 2 frags after.

one meteor was like 7k blocking, they weaved in a force pulse 3k, and the 2 frags were 18k MONSTERS.

Now obviously this is a niche deal that really only works if you can sit on top of a keep, and defend. BUT I thought id share this since there isnt a huge talk about where Mythic items are being played. I did message, and confirmed that the Strangler was on the sorcs that were up top.

IDK, I just came out of CP imperial city. My mag sorc cannot stand a chance against stamina builds.
    On my death recaps I was seeing:
    16k take flight
    14k Assasing scurge
    7k Surprise attacks
    9k Incap

I'm done with CP campaign lol.
    Feels bad for magica builds.