The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Solved] PC NA pre character select load screen crash (just after login)

Takn
Takn
Unlike others who have reported that they have issues logging in, I am getting past that point, but my client either hangs or crashes as it tries to transition from the post login load screen to the character select screen.
Edited by Takn on June 25, 2020 3:11PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Takn

Now that the login issues are resolved, are you still crashing after the character select screen?

Please try repairing your game files through the launcher to help resolve this crash.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Takn
    Takn
    Thank you for your response @ZOS_BillE
    1. I tried logging back in this morning, and the issue repeated.
    2. I did a repair as you recommended, it did a few verifying iterations, I'm not sure if it downloaded anything (too quick), but it completed 100%
    3. tried logging in again, and the issue repeated.... I can hear the music playing in the background, but the video is frozen in the transition to the character select screen.
  • Takn
    Takn
    I think I solved it... issue was on my end. I'd been playing with my Radeon Vega 64 GPU software settings and forgot I'd played with the Tuning Control/Preset options and left it on "automatic/undervolt"... took it off undervolt and all is well again :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate you letting us know that the issue was with your GPU settings. Since the problem is resolved, we are going to close the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.