Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improvements for Housing?

iamkeebler
iamkeebler
✭✭✭✭
I was just thinking about how much I enjoy housing in eso but that it could be better. I have a few ideas I’d love to see implemented into the game in the future and I’m curious what types of improvements you’d also like to see to make housing more robust in eso. Below are my thoughts...

- furniture bag -
With how much furniture has been gathered over the years, it’d be nice to see it all in one spot when you’re decorating. Not to mention the amount of inventory space it’s free up. I’d also be more likely to decorate more houses if I wasn’t using so many of them just to store stuff. Cater to our need to virtually hoard!

- Guild features for housing - I’d love to see guild houses become an option. Where you can choose any house for your guild hall but have a setting to make it officially the guild hall. It wouldn’t need to be tied to the owner of the guild either, you could add it as a member setting that they can set the guild hall to a member’s house. Then include a way to easily access the guild hall from the guild menu in game. In addition, I think guild halls should get a bonus amount of furnishings that can be put in based on their size (so the massive houses could have 1000 slots instead of 700). Also, providing more features to the banker and merchant if placed in a guild hall so you can repair gear or list in the guild trader. Even create guild specific furnishing items that can only be placed in a home set as the guild hall (like milestones for how old they are, amount of members, etc)

- More furniture slots -
This above all else needs to happen in my opinion. Some of the massive estates are so huge that after you use 700 items it still looks empty. I’d love to see more slots become available or a restructuring of the item count per home size. It would really allow for more versatility in the houses.

So what of my suggestions do you agree or disagree with? What suggestions do you have yourself?
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    I like you - furniture bag - idea the most. Currently I have a house acting as a warehouse holding all my furniture I don't currently want to use.

What I'd like to see, but I doubt they can/want to do it, is seeing our non-logged in toons doing stuff in the house you left them in. When yo go back as another character the toon you left in the house can be seen sweeping, reading, eating/drinking, etc. Especially if their personalities are still active.

If they have issues with system resources for the houses already, I highly doubt this will become reality anytime soon.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that idea of having your inactive characters roaming around your house. That’d make the homes feel more alive for sure
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FYI all of the suggestions you have mentioned have been brought up weekly and most people support most suggestions. The problem is ZOS wont implement any of the suggestions. Housing currently makes them a lot of money with almost no effort on their part. They wont make any major changes to it until forced to do so to continue making money from it.

We complain about furnishing limits all the time but they wont do anything about it. They say that some hardware( PS4 most likely) cant handle higher limits. But they also havent put any effort into giving us a workaround. For example the Hall of champions in Elsweyr could have been a workaround if each section was treated as a separate house. It would be no different than you porting from one of your houses to another. This could have been done on older homes so that inner and outer portions of the homes were treated as different homes when it comes to slot counts. You could even do this as transitions between floors.

There are so many workarounds for this( hard air quoting here) " hardware furnishing limit" but they wont implement any of them. They act like we are idiots and dont know any better and will just accept their excuse. They just dont anything about it because they are lazy and they dont care because it doesnt make them any money( or so they think) but they could sell upgrades for crowns and they sell furnishings for crowns.

Guild halls are the same way. Have an outdoor area and then multiple buildings you can purchase to add to make a guild city. Many people would happily pay crowns for this.

So in my opinion it boils down to laziness or they just are not smart enough to figure out how to make money off of it or both.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere the following has already been answered and I'm way to lazy to go dig it up from the billionth time the furniture limit etc has been brought up so take my word for it or don't.

Furnishing Bag: The issues here that they have communicated are database limits since there are currently over 5500 unique furniture IDs which pale in comparison to the measley 400 or so items that go into the Craft Bag.

More Furniture Slots: This has been addressed as an issue on low end PCs and wanting to avoid people getting lagged out of the game by porting into houses. I've lagged in houses, I don't have an outdated PC, I play at the highest graphic settings. When people pack all 700 items into one spot in a house it can get clunky; personally I think the community should put this one to rest and instead focus on asking for furniture that comes with stuff already on it so that we can avoid using up 30 slots to decorate a table of food. Maybe the table already comes with some basic foodstuffs on it like meats and baskets of fruits and we can add to it to simplify slot usage.

Hardware Furnishing Workarounds: Problem with doing the "seperate instances in houses" is because due to how the game handles it you would be porting to different rooms and wouldn't address the RP side of the housing debate. Zone chat would be separated and people typically enjoy having zone chat in their homes as I've seen.

Guild Houses: Afaik I've never seen an actual statement on this and while it'd be awesome I don't really have any issue with the current functionality. The only thing I really wish they'd add is just a "Guild House" button that automates the teleportation to a guild home and the guild leader can set who's primary home it ports to.

Personally I just want to see them add larger and more complete furnishings to work around the limit; give me both empty tables and fully set tables. Bookshelves empty and bookshelves full. We have a lot of options when it comes to filling in small spaces but not many options when it comes to very large areas.
    Edited by Kittytravel on June 25, 2020 1:42AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alts in homes.
  • kellax
    kellax
    ✭✭
    Someone in a Reddit thread suggested we have a Hearthfire expansion, just like in Skyrim. It would give the houses not only a more home-like feel, but it would allow the houses to be alive. Get married to an NPC, or an alt, and have them tend the home while you're away.