Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why not have nord structural furnitures with greymoor?

Dragonslayerdovakiin
So as im sure most of you are aware, with the release of summerset, murkmire and elsweyr a number (basically full sets) of structural furnitures were added in the racial style of those zones, these included pillars, walls, floors, ramps, stairs, etc as im sure others have noticed as i have greymoor does not continue this tradition, this is very dissapointing and i am unsure why they decided this, what are your thoughts?
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    They might come with the next release? I'm hoping for flooring myself. I'm not crazy about the tiles on the main floor in Proudspire - I would prefer the same wood floors as the upper floor. Originally I had blue square carpets on the tiles but it looked too much like a checker board so now I've thrown fur rugs down but they look weird on the tile. I tried some of the other wood structures as a fix but they don't go with the house at all. So I'm hoping for dark wood flooring...hint, hint :)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    They might come with the next release? I'm hoping for flooring myself. I'm not crazy about the tiles on the main floor in Proudspire - I would prefer the same wood floors as the upper floor. Originally I had blue square carpets on the tiles but it looked too much like a checker board so now I've thrown fur rugs down but they look weird on the tile. I tried some of the other wood structures as a fix but they don't go with the house at all. So I'm hoping for dark wood flooring...hint, hint :)

Try an Alinor Crescent and an Alinor Seal rug, along with Snow Bear rugs.

The gold colour helps warm the place up and they're not too busy in design.

I would post pics, but I can't get on the EU server.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 24, 2020 5:29PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also love Greymoor-Nord type structures, simpler grey-stone stairs/walls/etc.

Some floors would be nice too, but I did find a rather nice tile 'floor' on the bottom of the Replica Throne of Windhelm from the Achievement Furnisher.

Iqb0h3k.png?1
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here you go, carly:

lOlJHPE.png

rSso0oe.png

6EtBmMv.png

Think it helps break up the tiles a bit and the gold complements the blue quite nicely.

Also, the Snow Bear rugs look particularly good underneath the Solitude Table, Grand Noble.

As they fit nicely underneath it and kind of sit on the part of the table that rests on the floor:

MocRnSy.png

dawemCg.png

...and in fact, I have been shamelessly piling rugs on top of rugs, all over the house (or inn, actually); not just on that floor:

3oo45dP.png

6mlCM4I.png

l4vWQEn.png

f2F4Nv7.png

PEltHZJ.png

I would definitely agree with you about dropping the grey blue solitude rugs though, as they are so cold looking.

They may work somewhere else, but not in there (unless you don't mind an austere look).
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 24, 2020 9:42PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have come with previous releases not with the main dlc/expansion drop, IIRC... i think we will still get them.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have come with previous releases not with the main dlc/expansion drop, IIRC... i think we will still get them.
    They came with both. :smile: So it really is odd to get only 3 structures with Greymoor.

Elsweyr added loads of Elsweyr structural items; Scalebreaker added a few platforms and an extra Shrine I believe, and Dragonhold added no new furnishing blueprints at all (only a Crown furnishing pack and some achi items).
    It was also Summerset itself that added almost all of Summerset-related structural furnishings. Murkmire of course came with its own furniture.

So yes, OP, totally agree. There are a lot of beautiful stone and wood textures in Solitude, and yet we only got two wicker fences and a Blackreach column. Perhaps it was the Antiquity furniture that caused the Structures to be delayed - I image there's a limit on how many new furniture they can add in each patch.

So I hope that they will add more furniture in the Q3 and Q4 DLCs... unlike last year (Dragonhold, shame on you! :lol:).
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Thank you for the suggestions and all those screenshots, your house looks amazing - I love what you've done with it. It makes sense that the gold Alinor rugs look nice in there given that the loading screen when you zone into the house shows the tiles as blue and a deep golden color instead of the cold white and blue look.
    Edited by carly on June 25, 2020 10:16PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the only structers we have had so far is the fences and the door and one is locked behind gambling.
    sadly im not getting my hopes up.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really need them, so i can build my own winterhold :')
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Thank you for the suggestions and all those screenshots, your house looks amazing - I love what you've done with it. It makes sense that the gold Alinor rugs look nice in there given that the loading screen when you zone into the house shows the tiles as blue and a deep golden color instead of the cold white and blue look.

No problem at all and thank you, that is really kind of you to say. :smile: