The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP and dungeons

SidraWillowsky
SidraWillowsky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I created a character on the EU server a while back and have been playing over there on and off to see what it's like to work from the ground up- no CP, no money, no guilds... it's been more difficult than I thought! But fun. I am CP 1000+ on my "home" server, just FYI.

I finally got my character (Breton magplar) to CP 160 and she's sitting at CP 180ish. I've got her in Julianos, Spell Strategist, and Illambris, and I was lucky enough to get an infused Maelstrom inferno stick on my first run, so she's got that too. I generally sit at 18-20k DPS in dungeons, though sometimes I can hit 25-27k.

One of the pledges today is CoA II and I'd like to eventually get her Valkyn Skoria. I currently only pug dungeons and was hoping to hear from people here whether seeing a pug DD with CP in the high 100s would make them super nervous when it comes to these vet non-DLC II dungeons, especially one like CoA II. I know that many of you are nice and would give me a chance, but I'm more wanting to hear honestly if my CP would trigger a knee-jerk "uh oh" reaction in a dungeon. I have done vet CoA II many times on my main account, but should I wait til I've got a bit more CP before trying vCoA II if I don't want to worry about getting kicked for low CP?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you already answered your own question, @SidraWillowsky. ;)

You're going to get a variety of responses ... both from forum-goers and from the PUG dungeon-mates you get paired with.

Depending on the group, they may be OK with 25k DPS on Skoria. Especially if the other DPS is very good. As you're aware, the final boss fight is somewhat of a DPS race.

If you were talking Vet DLC dungeons at CP180 that might be a different story ... but those have a minimum requirement of CP300 anyway.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you already answered your own question, @SidraWillowsky. ;)

You're going to get a variety of responses ... both from forum-goers and from the PUG dungeon-mates you get paired with.

Depending on the group, they may be OK with 25k DPS on Skoria. Especially if the other DPS is very good. As you're aware, the final boss fight is somewhat of a DPS race.

If you were talking Vet DLC dungeons at CP180 that might be a different story ... but those have a minimum requirement of CP300 anyway.

Haha, I think I answered it for the majority of players, but I still hold my breath when I queue into any vet dungeon hoping I don't get booted (which hasn't happened yet, thankfully). I'm avoiding the normal DLC dungeons right now bc I just don't think I have the DPS or survivability or even magicka recovery to do very well, but I'm torn on the II dungeons. I'm avoiding DSC II bc of the DPS checks, FG II because it just sucks, and am iffy on CoA II even though I like the dungeon.

Man it's been humbling though- gear and CP make a much bigger difference than I had hoped. It doesn't help that I'm terrible at magplar and am just not comfortable with the class. I feel like we need to send elitists into a different server to see how things are from the perspective of lower DPS and non-optimal gear.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think COA2 is one of the few base game vet dungeons that has a higher CP requirement for use of group finder anyways, so you might not be able to queue for it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I think COA2 is one of the few base game vet dungeons that has a higher CP requirement for use of group finder anyways, so you might not be able to queue for it.

No, @kringled_1, there's no CP requirement for the base game dungeons ... only level 50 for Vet.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should be fine. And I can empathise having gone the other way from eu->na. [pc]

Usually kicks that look at cp are either the other dd/dps is -er- 'challenged' and hoped to be -er- 'assisted' so pre-emptively 'blames' you or you are <c160 so won't contribute to gear sharing. Even with the latter it would be rare in my experience to kick (maybe because I'd block it....?). I think 'wait & see' prevails on both servers.

As an aside some differences I have noticed(anecdotal!) between the servers (pug dungeons):

na don't really do mediocre - they are either monstrously powerful or incredibly useless, there seems no middle ground (normal distribution observed on eu)

na are more polite - they wait for tank, say hello etc. ask if anyone doing quest/pledge/achievements or will explicitly say so. The latter, of course, may just be down to more languages (possibly) on eu.

And, generally, eu is additive [+] while na is multiplicative[x]. ;)

So, anyway, please don't hold back on the II dungeons (or even dlc)you would be very welcome, I think. Also, you always have the option to quit if the group is struggling. You can also just use zone chat to assemble groups, too, which is often more reliable than the group finder.

And normal trials - same as na with Craglorn zone chat - c160 for gear share is only up-front requirement.

Glad you're enjoying it; I'm having a blast when on na :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it has been a while since I queued solo for a dungeon I am sure there are still people who are happy to quickly judge others without any real basis.

I recall one experience that as soon as I zoned into a vet dungeon there was a vote to kick a DPS that was about CP180. When we did not vote to kick the player the healer quickly left the group. We 3-man cleared the vet dungeon on HM with the other DPS doing off heals. There were no issues. That healer was not that bright.

I also healed a brand new vet tank in another vet dungeon. They were CP 10 with barely 20k HP and had not even cleared that dungeon in normal mode. They did say they were willing to drop if we wanted. I said we will explain each fight and as long as you can hold agro on the bosses we would be fine. We cleared that dungeon without issue though we did not try HM.

The reality is CP does nothing to indicate a player's skill level as there are plenty of CP capped players that are really bad. The other reality is it is better to join an active guild to find people to run with since using the GF is a major dice roll on getting both reasonably skilled players and ones that are not complete jerks.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, @kringled_1, there's no CP requirement for the base game dungeons ... only level 50 for Vet.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city#latest

I seem to have misremembered, and I can't find another patch note that updates it other than moving the DLCs to CP300.
    But there definitely was a CP requirement for a few of the version II vet dungeons at one point.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city#latest

I seem to have misremembered, and I can't find another patch note that updates it other than moving the DLCs to CP300.
    But there definitely was a CP requirement for a few of the version II vet dungeons at one point.

Apologies, @kringled_1, I was reading outdated info on another site. CP160 it is!