The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azureblight Reaper Causing Lag Spikes/Stutter

Decimus
Decimus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I tried this out today and it turns out Azureblight causes small stutter whenever stacks are applied to multiple people (e.g. Stampede, Hurricane, Deadly Cloak etc - every Blight Seed source seems to cause this lag). The more people you hit/the more stacks you're generating, the more lag you get.

I tried disabling addons, turning down particle systems, changing the other sets etc and nothing seems to fix this issue.

I'd like to note that I have/had (haven't tested it yet in this patch) a similar issue with Thurvokun, where it'd cause some extreme FPS drops whenever the effect went out and applied its debuffs to someone.
PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, the Azureblight set sounds like the "perfect storm", a nightmare for a game that already has problems with client-server bandwidth. Each time a stack pops, the server would have to send AoE damage information to all clients within the area of effect, and pops tend to happen for several affected targets in the same place in rapid succession.
    The set can cause stutter even in PvE if the pulls are big -- and the way the set works means that you want to aim for huge, tight pulls.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed significant FPS drop when using this set on my stamsorc as well.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: turning off Action Duration Reminder addon seems to have fixed it this time.

I thought I had it turned off as well when I tested without (supposedly) any addons enabled earlier, but I must've missed it.

@Cloudor you might want to look into this.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange, i'm using Azureblight a lot, and while i can feel a bit of stutter when the explosion procs at the same time on multiple players (same as a VD bomber going off), i don't notice any Thurvokun-like lag when applying 5+ Azureblight stacks per second on a group of players. Or maybe i got used to it ?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661368153?t=0h8m0s

edit : saw your post after, can confirm i'm not using Action Duration Reminder
    Edited by Aznox on June 30, 2020 1:53PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club