The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How can ZOS possibly think a PvP event is a good idea? Cyrodiil during peak times is unplayable

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
Grey Host PC-NA right now you can barely light attack
vFG1 HM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we do have other threads on the subject I will point out one of the biggest reasons. When Zos canceled MYM last year the PvP community heavily complained. Server performance was trash then and it is trash now.

Besides, anyone who is not interested in dealing with the performance in Cyrodiil has the option to avoid it.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance may have been bad last year but it doesn't compare to what it's like now.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the past event wasn't cancelled because of bad performance. It was canceled because Groupfinder (required for the Battlegrounds achievements in MYM) was bugged for BGs.

Honestly, last MYM the performance was better for me than it normally is. Someone else speculated that maybe ZOS temporarily diverted more resources to Cyro during the event, and I have to wonder if there's not some truth to that. Or maybe it was just me.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city and bgs gets the event to both I mainly play in no lag and lot fun recommend trying it if cyrodiil don’t plan out.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just during peak time, its delayed all day, peak time is just joke tho..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing worse than the lag is anyone who uses meteor.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    Performance may have been bad last year but it doesn't compare to what it's like now.

Again, less important to the event as people loudly complained last year when it was canceled. After all, anyone that does not want to deal with the performance can sit out the event. Zos is letting us make that choice, for the most part.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be new campaigns to play due to player overflow ... which might not be as laggy as Gray Host.

But that's a double-edged sword, too, with the map sometimes being only one color.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually mentioned at the last MYM that the performance was better than usual. They propably give PvP more space on their servers during it and even with full campaigns I had absolutely no game breaking issues during MYM, but after that again.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's the best event of the year. And that comes from a pve-er
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Besides, anyone who is not interested in dealing with the performance in Cyrodiil has the option to avoid it.

This is what I dont understand. Everyone complaining about an event held in Cyrodiil should just not go. Every single PvP player knows that event or not the performance of the game is going to be bad. So let us have the event, and we will embrace the lag, and other terrible things. At least now we are getting a little bonus for putting up with it.

Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    You know, playing after 1AM CST until around 7-8AM, its not so bad.

I also play around 10am to 5pm sometimes and its not so bad then either.

But I pretty much refuse to play 5pm - Midnight.

Also, I played on the dead server and it was pretty nice. But the only problem there is you end up PVDoor and the occasional zerg kill that makes it impossible to actually do anything lol.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • tnichol
    tnichol
    Soul Shriven
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

This is what I dont understand. Everyone complaining about an event held in Cyrodiil should just not go. Every single PvP player knows that event or not the performance of the game is going to be bad. So let us have the event, and we will embrace the lag, and other terrible things. At least now we are getting a little bonus for putting up with it.

Well then let me help you understand. I DO NOT CARE about the event. I want to play pvp no-cp. So no, I will not simply "not go". Your event, that you want to enjoy so much, is causing long queue times and horrendous lag that is even worse than "normal", which is saying something. Yes performance of pvp in eso is a joke. ZOS should be embarrassed and ashamed. Why make it worse with an event? I agree with the OP. I was playing pvp before this event and I would like to continue without all the additional performance drain of a system that is clearly not optimized to begin with.