The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magicka Nb 1vX NoCp without invis cloak

Lattengrabscher
Lattengrabscher
✭✭✭
Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
DC - Totally not Latte
DC - Der Böse Hase
EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
EP - Blaubeere
DC - Der kleine Hase
AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'without invis cloak' is all I need to know to give you a thumbs up.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think dark cloak is the more viable choice this update , need that extra heal and mitigation more than ever
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet clip. My favorite part (I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing yet,) is at like 2:35 you look this guy in the eyes up at the top of the tower and he's like "you're a scrub, stop kiting, nobody's impressed." And then you smack him >_<
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand the combat in this game.
    There are million situations when character not roll dodging/blocking but lots of range attack visuals coming yet character takes 0 damage. Are these people have really crap gear and so damage ?
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    thx guys for the nice comments :)
    @OBJnoob haha yeah i was wondering for a second if he was friendly and just watching but then he attacked me and i just killed him :)
    @Tammany well if i have my hots up + Health regen and malubeth proc i can take a lot of dmg without my healthbar even moving , i hope that helps
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noice ;)

tenor.gif
    Edited by Mayrael on June 24, 2020 7:01AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, but what is the point of playing NB without cloak / invisibility ? You might as well roll pretty much ANY other class and it will most likely perform way better...
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    '' Have you seen whats installed on his PC in the background? Is he showing his fingers/keyboard " cracked me up xD

EU | PC
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you may now join us real players on real classes by displaying your ability to not cloak, bravo sir, someone get this man a DK.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, but what is the point of playing NB without cloak / invisibility ? You might as well roll pretty much ANY other class and it will most likely perform way better...

Meh, that is more an issue with the current environment of ESO. Cloakless NBs have always been a thing. Despite popular belief, NBs as a class are not built exclusively around shadowy disguise.
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    '' Have you seen whats installed on his PC in the background? Is he showing his fingers/keyboard " cracked me up xD

hahah yeah i loved that one as well. I was thinking About adding a Keyboard cam of some pro dota Player in 3x Speed in my next Video :)
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he is using dark cloak
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

he is using dark cloak

I think he knows that. He just subscribes to the belief that NBs that dont play around shadowy disguise are in essence, neutered as a rule compared to other classes. Which is silly of course.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

he is using dark cloak

I think he knows that. He just subscribes to the belief that NBs that dont play around shadowy disguise are in essence, neutered as a rule compared to other classes. Which is silly of course.

I read it as less of a statement about power and more one of differentiation. And there is a lot of merit to that claim -- dark cloak is a good heal but this type of build is basically a magsorc build, but gimped.

That said, glad the OP is enjoying themself.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    you may now join us real players on real classes by displaying your ability to not cloak, bravo sir, someone get this man a DK.

The "real" players...magsorc kiters, the jesus beam templars, the whatever-the-hell the stamcro is now, lol, and of course let-me-jump-on-10-players-and-kill-them DKs.

There is so much of this BS in PVP...everyone else is OP or tricky or cheezy except those making the complaint.

It is so fatuous.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow really cool to watch! You play your blade much different than I play mine. Kudos to you bro!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Great stuff. What do you use for movement speed buffs?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

he is using dark cloak

I read it as less of a statement about power and more one of differentiation. And there is a lot of merit to that claim -- dark cloak is a good heal but this type of build is basically a magsorc build, but gimped.

There is only merit to that claim if you are specifically referring to this patch. I read the statement more as a general point that playing nb without invisibility is nonsense which is an absurd statement.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some people got confused with what I previoulsy said. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that someone was able to play NB without relying on invisibilty. It is good. Also I think it could be part of the reason it worked. It is a "mental" trick. Enemy players expect NB to cloak. If you don't cloak, you kinda confuse them...

My point was: Why would you play as a NB without invisibility, if your class passives revolve arround sneaky game play ? You are missing those bonuses that you would normally have.

That is like playing a mag sorc without streak or shields. I am sure it is possible, but you are only gimping yourself and become less competative...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 25, 2020 6:40AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was: Why would you play as a NB without invisibility, if your class passives revolve arround sneaky game play ? You are missing those bonuses that you would normally have.

That is like playing a mag sorc without streak or shields. I am sure it is possible, but you are only gimping yourself and become less competative...

IMO, it's more like playing a magsorc without pets. A lot of people do that.

Not using Shadowy Disguise is maybe a bit more gimping than not using pets, but that's also because on-demand invisibility in combat with the force-miss on launched projectiles is extremely strong.
    Edited by Bergzorn on June 25, 2020 7:01AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »

If you're resource [Snip], like in the video, then I don't think that statement applies. Because Shade is unique, essential and superior to Streak in those confined spaces. In open field, I would certainly agree with you.

[Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 25, 2020 5:29PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i agree with u. shades is definitely better than streak for Tower kiting. And good stam Sustain + wellfitet helps a lot as well.
    @Gorilla i get 30%(from rat) and 10% from steed and sprint bonus
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is tripping me out because the only damage skills im seeing is his LA, ULT and the FP

oh and a AW
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on June 25, 2020 6:45PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't get it what's so good with Eternal Vigor. It's basically a 500 hot but when u're under 50% hp. Endurance 3pc set is 300 hot all the time and uses 3 pieces of gear which you can pair with an arena weapon or something. And amber plasm looks better actually if you want the regens.

i understand that this set is basically both of the above and they just change depending the situation, but i think the reason is actually the free extra 1k hp.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see some people got confused with what I previoulsy said. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that someone was able to play NB without relying on invisibilty. It is good. Also I think it could be part of the reason it worked. It is a "mental" trick. Enemy players expect NB to cloak. If you don't cloak, you kinda confuse them...

Ultimate generation tied to a 4 second siphoning ability cooldown, which means you are generally going to engage with either sap essence, strife or healthy offering to gain the max uptime on this passive.

Slotting siphoning skills to passively increase your healing output on that bar

Using a shadow ability as a means of upkeep on major armor buff. Practically speaking, this means dark cloak, path or veiled strike for reliable uptime. Setting aside the fact that this unique form of gaining major armor buffs for NB via a passive runs completely contrary to a stealth based playstyle, 2 out of those 3 skills would never be used by a ganking build. There is a reason dark cloak scales with max health and shadow skills slotted increase max health while the armor passive is explicitly boosted in duration via heavy armor. All of which is generally not geared towards a ganking build.

Most of these aspects, baring the dark cloak change have existed since day 1 of this game. Many players have played magblade around these strengths and not around shadowy disguise, for many years, with great success. That approach is not a niche or some kind of snowflake approach to the class, it is simply a matter of fact.

Now if you are specifically referring to this current patch, I feel with the battle spirit healing nerfs among other factors, a tried and true magblade playstyle has suffered disproportionately to the other casters. Thst is a meta discussion however and not a dissection of how magblade should be played as a general rule.

Magsorc to shields as magblade to shadowy disguise is a false equivalence. Magblades used to kite and duel very well with image and the unqiue strength of floating their health pool with skills that afforded attrition and pressure. Refreshing paths damage and healing component, swallow soul with its bundled minor vitality along with the hot, siphoning attacks with its hot on top of roughly 6 to 9 percent flat healing done increase via siphoner passive.

Magblades didnt need invis or damage shields to be viable for many years. And that strength/aspect was specifically designed to be played around.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 25, 2020 11:04PM