The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Xbox Achievement Bug

Osty_26G
Osty_26G
There are currently 3 achievements which are stated to be unobtainable. The Xbox related achievement will not unlock when you complete the requirements for: Savior of Elsweyr, Big Score, and Wrothgar Adventurer. It has been stated that these will also remain locked even if you try to complete them in a second character. The ESO in game achievement will unlock stating that you met the requirements, but the Xbox achievement WILL NOT unlock.

I can say from personal experience that this is true for Big Score. Due to the glitch, I have not tried to complete the other ones as they take a significant amount of time to complete and I do not want them to be glitched out.
  • Markyshizzle1
    Waiting for Zenimax to acknowledge and work toward a fix
  • Osty_26G
    Osty_26G
    Zenimax, an update or acknowledgement on this topic would be appreciated. Is this actively being looked into since it has been broken since November?
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Markyshizzle1 @Osty_26G

Xbox achievements bugs have to be submitted to Microsoft. I speak from personal experience because I’ve had to do it in the past.

Once Microsoft verifies it is system wide issue and not an account issue, they submit the logs to ZOS. U fortunately it’s a painfully long process, Xbox ambassadors can help make it faster tho.

ZOS will and can do absolutely 0 until they receive notice from Microsoft. And I have never seen them contact Microsoft for logs on behalf of the customer. That’s just not what they do.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm Wrothgar Adventurer is broken as well as Big Score. I will not be doing Elsweyr until this is fixed. I hate that I’m going to hav to redo Wrothgar again... for the 4th time. Glad to know it’s not just me. Also Xbox NA

I have Wrothgar 100% completed and all the Xbox achievements for that zone except Adventurer.

Just imagine if it was broken for Master Fisherman. I’m scared!
    Edited by KittyHazWares on July 17, 2020 7:22AM
    Xbox One NA
  • Osty_26G
    Osty_26G
    @stelegrega, thanks for that response! I didn’t even think of following up with microsoft since I thought the developer would be the one who takes care of making sure the achievement unlocks on their system. I’ll see if I can submit a ticket with them as well!
  • Markyshizzle1
    The only thing MS will do is pressure Zenimax to fix it, its still up to Zenimax to fix.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Microsoft have a callback and online chat service that may be able to help at the bottom of this page.

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/achievements/troubleshoot-achievements-challenges
  • jeffmomm
    jeffmomm
    Soul Shriven
    FYI - I just contacted MS suppport via chat and here's the transcript. Basically bug reports to ZOS is the way to go.
    Hello Laleska, I am reporting an issue with an achievement for Elder Scrolls Online.

Hi there! Thank you os much for bring this to my attention. It seems you have been struggling to unblock this achievement. Would you mind to provide me more details about it ?

The name of the achievement is "Savior of Elsweyr". There is an in-game achievement that unlocks, but it does not pop the Xbox achievement. It is a known issue and has been broken since Nov. 2019. The forums for Zenimax Online Studios state that these issues need to be reported to Microsoft who will in turn contact the developers... The are 2 other achievements will the same issue: "Big Score" and "Wrothgar Adventurer".

Thank you for the information. May I know if you have tried any troubleshooting so far ?

I've done hard reboots, restarting the game, etc. But I knew none of it would work since it has been broken for 8 months. Using trueachievements.com, no one has unlocked it since early Nov. 2019. It is definitely an issue in the game code - not an Xbox related issue...

Thank you for the information. Would you allow me some minutes to check on my resources if we have an update regarding this known issue, please?

Of course, thanks

Thank you so much for patiently waiting. I was able to check the information and for the moment we haven't received an update about this issue.

As much as I'd love to help you get this Achievement added to your GamerScore, an issue related with game programming can only be solved by the developer, as we cannot modify game code in any way
    That is what I thought, but the forums thought MS might be able to pressure the devs on behalf of us poor gamers. :)

Oh, I totally understand that it is quite important for you and for all of use that love this awesome game however the best way to pressure the developers it is by reaching directly them so they can be aware of the amount of users that are being affected by this situation

ok thanks - I have done that already as well. :-D Any pressure MS can add would be welcome. Thank you for your help!

Absolutely, rest assure we will work from our end as well to help our users to get this sorted
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    I got a similar response:

As we have discussed, we want to make sure this is sorted out for you. After we have run a check on our end. We can confirm that this is no fault on your account, and device. And the best way to fix this is to reach our partners from the game developer. Getting in touch with them will give you the next level of support to continue the troubleshooting for the missing achievements.
    We do appreciate your time, you do have the option to reply on this email if you have questions and I will be glad to check information for you. Please allow me 24 hours to response, also, you may reach us back in chat since we are open 24/7. We will tag this case close once we have not receive any response after 24 hours.
  • Osty_26G
    Osty_26G
    Dang, so it looks like we will just have to keep flooding the forums with these bugs reports until ZOS actually responds then
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭