The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Starting on Vvardenfell? Factions?

ShadowBender42
ShadowBender42
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone, I just started playing ESO recently (on Stadia) and since I’m so late I’m kind of lost on all the different stories and locations and whatnot, especially since it seems like the game is always growing. It started me out on vvardenfell with the slavers and I have a main quest helping lord vivec, but I expected something different from what I heard before playing. I looked into it a bit and apparently I’m supposed to start with my faction and do some prophet quest? Kind of unclear about all that. Is this some update to the game that makes me start there (Maybe stadia has it as a default)? How can I find factions and other main quests outside of vvardenfell?

Best Answers

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Morrowind was an expansion in 2017, which ZOS now gives away for free. With every expansion, you start in the expansion zone with a tutorial. To start the original quest lines/order, head to the starting zone of your alliance and speak to the hooded figure.

These are the starting zones for each alliance:

Ebonheart Pact - Davon’s Watch
    Aldmeri Dominon - Vulkel Gaurd
    Daggerfall Covenant- Glenumbra

You will automatically have Wayshrine to these areas, but go to the one related to your alliance.

However, Vvarendfell is a great story and won’t/shouldn’t ruin any immersion. Although, the story that takes place on Vvardenfell, continues with the Clockwork City DLC then the Summerset DLC.

We feel your pain. We wish ZOS allowed us to choose our starting zone/tutorial.
    Edited by WildRaptorX on June 23, 2020 12:05AM
    Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game starts you in the tutorial for the latest DLC that you own. If you want to start with your faction tutorial and quests, go to your faction starter city and talk to the 'hooded stranger'. The starter cities are Davon's Watch for EP, Vulkhel Guard for AD, and Daggerfall for DC. The hooded stranger should be close to the cities wayshrine.

Keylun beat me because I am a slow typer! :p
    Edited by Hippie4927 on June 23, 2020 12:09AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓