The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can people cheat on this game?

areeb14_ESO
areeb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I wanted some of the cosmetics in the pvp. I hate pvp.

I did rather well. In two games my build was unexpectedly good. Next day I went into a match and held my own. (pre max) then this one guy comes along and I'm down. Had over half health and on two occasions a damage shield up.

Then another match, different map, and there were 3 people who were crushing others. All on the same team.
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    Sure ppl can cheat but they end up banned :D
    For the Covenant!
  • areeb14_ESO
    areeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe I should record videos when I go to do pvp. Catch em all.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "ceiling and the floor" are VERY far apart in this game.

And literally every time ZOS tries to address it, they do it with across-the-board changes, usually nerfs, that consistently end up hurting the players at the floor quite a bit and barely affecting the ceiling, making the problem they're trying to fix even worse every time.

You don't wanna get rolled, you have to figure out what the ceiling players are doing and do that, even if it's cheesy and exploitative and makes you feel like a complete tool for joining in.

Cheating is no way required. That's just how unbalanced the game is.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 23, 2020 12:08AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, people can cheat. But its a lot rarer than you might think, and "those players were crushing their opponents" isn't evidence of cheating.

As a general rule of thumb, if you think it was cheating, you can report it to ZOS and they'll review the server-side evidence. But if you want to make a credible claim of cheating on the forums, a video or a time-stamped death recap is a good form of evidence, as long as you are careful about player names.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 23, 2020 12:36AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can report players who violate The Elder Scrolls Online's Code of Conduct to Customer Service. Our Customer Support team investigates every issue reported and takes appropriate action whenever necessary.

PC/Mac

To report a player for abuse, exploitation, harassment, or other inappropriate behavior, right-click their name in the Chat Box and select the Report Player option.

You can also add other players whose behavior they find objectionable to your ignore list. To do this:
    1. Open the contacts list by pressing the [O] key.
    2. Click on the "No Entry" icon in the upper right corner.
    3. Press the [E] key.
      • A screen will come up that will allow players to manually add another player to their ignore.
    4. Enter the player's character name or UserID.
    5. Hit the [E] key to accept.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Being accused of cheating when you are not is one of the best compliments you can give someone
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Sometimes your going to get teams that are pre-made or part pre-made and have really progressed players. I can't say if they are cheating but if you know pvp well enough you can see how they play together. There are strategies that can really boost a team. Like baiting people to attack a Templar that is using a heal bar and a damage bar. I will even type this out in pre game chat with a new team. I run that set up. With strong healing and decent damage and 3 havoc abilities that stun, slow, off balance and interrupt. It can really frustrate others.

I then will run out to get other players to focus me. Then heal through the damage (not always but allot) then while taking their focus a night blade stealth's up and almost one shots with an opener and stuns. Or a caster that is hiding as I take aggro and then they wind up and blast massive damage while flanked taking no damage. There are peeling strategies too that can help keep other player alive.

How do you know your not being hit by two players ? Are you reading the damage display after you die ? it should show if its one shot as you are saying. . Also sometimes I have seen what your saying too. I had a necro blast me with one cast that dropped all my hp from full to dead. I think the game can glitch and the incoming damage can lag. so the one shot is actually a couple hits that were lagging.

best of luck anyway !
  • areeb14_ESO
    areeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is on a 50 or lower pvp. The second highest damage was 112k and everyone else was 2 digit numbers.

zowopokleln5.png
  • Ladayen
    Ladayen
    Just looks like someone who decided to make a full set of gear and optimized skills and knows the game.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is on a 50 or lower pvp. The second highest damage was 112k and everyone else was 2 digit numbers.

zowopokleln5.png

yeah thats not cheating. Signs someone is cheating:

* Ability to withstand large amounts of incoming damage while still facerolling everyone else.
    * Ability to fully heal from low health repeatedly and push out large amounts of damage at the same time.
    * Getting an excessive amount of kills and assists in a match. By excessive we are talking 40 plus kills while everyone else is getting 1-15.
    * Characters that do large amounts of damage with single hits.

Usually you will find a combo of the above. A player that seems to be godmode while the people around him are mere mortals. anyone who is excessively better than 11 other players at combat in this game is probablygetting help from somewhere.
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you get your butt whuped it doesn't mean someone is cheating. You said you hate PVP, you probably don't put any time into it. A good player with a lot of experience should absolutely take you down quick.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted some of the cosmetics in the pvp. I hate pvp.

I did rather well. In two games my build was unexpectedly good. Next day I went into a match and held my own. (pre max) then this one guy comes along and I'm down. Had over half health and on two occasions a damage shield up.

Then another match, different map, and there were 3 people who were crushing others. All on the same team.

yea sure EVERY game has cheaters but in eso they are very rare and its more likly u got queued against a rly good player than against a cheater