The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weekend campaign

laissezfaire
laissezfaire
✭✭✭
Can we get another campaign that only shows up on the weekend? With the current format, it is just too laggy on every campaign. Make the new campaign a 2 day campaign and adjust the rewards according. It could also be an interesting concept with such short duration.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the popularity of the 7-day campaign I would not expect Zos to add a 2-day campaign.

Besides, probably challenging to slice the 30-day rewards down to 1/15 it's size. Just the transmutation stones alone would be less than 4 for those whopping two days.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Are you trying to predict what ZoS thinks based on logic? How has that turned out thus far? Lol. JK. I am just proposing something that would help with lag but not kill campaigns during the week.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to predict what ZoS thinks based on logic? How has that turned out thus far? Lol. JK. I am just proposing something that would help with lag but not kill campaigns during the week.

How would a 2-day campaign help with lag when the 7-day campaign did not?
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Another campaign would spread people out more...

Edit:. You are focusing too much on the duration rather than the fact the Friday and Saturday night during primetime is a lagfest because most campaigns on PC na are close to pop locked.
    Edited by laissezfaire on June 21, 2020 11:43AM
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Or they could just fix performance but we all know that ZoS isn't committed to that. They just try to find ways to bandaid fix.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another campaign would spread people out more...

Edit:. You are focusing too much on the duration rather than the fact the Friday and Saturday night during primetime is a lagfest because most campaigns on PC na are close to pop locked.

You stated a weekend campaign would would alleviate the server load so the question I asked would make sense. It is you that is focused on the duration.

Further, history suggests otherwise. Since the beginning of time in ESO a huge majority of players flocked to the busiest campaigns and ignored everything else. We used to fill up two campaigns and have several empty ones. When Zos has added campaigns for the Meyhem event it has done nothing to alleviate the population of the popular campaigns.

People into PvP want to PvP so they go to the busy campaign. As such, a weekend campaign will not help with lag. All additional campaign of any duration will do is provide a very low pop situation for those that do not want the heavy PvP of the main campaigns. The main campaigns will still be pop locked.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is my point. I want a campaign that isn't pop locked and don't care if each alliance is at one or two bars. Those pop locked campaigns will still have lag issues - I realize that.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    A really short duration campaign of 2 days might actually appeal to a crowd bigger than you think. The amount of time spent on a 2 day campaign would have a greater impact on the scoring for those who only play on the weekends. Where as those weekends players or less than that probably care less about scoring on a 30 day campaign. It would be much more gratifying for them and could result in a competitive campaign.
    Edited by laissezfaire on June 21, 2020 6:16PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is my point. I want a campaign that isn't pop locked and don't care if each alliance is at one or two bars. Those pop locked campaigns will still have lag issues - I realize that.

Ahh, that is the piece of information that has been missing. As I said, Zos seems to have ditched the 7-day campaign so I doubt they would entertain a shorter duration campaign.

However, I will acknowledge I have zero insight into what Zos will or will not due. They tend to bend to the will of the threads that pop up often even if the number of people supporting the idea is in small numbers. However, those threads tend to have players arguing both ways which tend to keep the thread alive. Just giving you an idea of a plan for the best possibility of bringing your idea to fruition.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion; however, with you being the only that commented, it probably won't get enough attention. I wouldn't hold my breath regardless. Let's just hope they fix the root issue of the lag.