The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects. "An Error Has Occured"

Kalfis
Kalfis
✭✭✭✭
I keep getting disconnected from the game. All I get is "Error, An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."
I have no anti virus software or firewalls blocking ESO, this is a fresh install of ESO.

This is super annoying, game is unplayable.

ab7ui37aa23v.png
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't log in earlier today, not just to ESO but other games as well. Rebooting my PC fixed that problem.

Might not be the same problem but it could be worth a try.
  • bross48
    bross48
    Soul Shriven
    I had to end up buying a new router a Netgear NightHawk and then opened the necessary ports and it works fine now
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kalfis

Have you tried disabling or removing addons and seeing if your character can login?

If not, please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You will then need to enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Kalfis

Have you tried disabling or removing addons and seeing if your character can login?

If not, please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You will then need to enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.

I don't have any addons installed. I will try playing again tonight and see if I still have problems.
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem on both of my computers too. I've moved since I last played. Same ISP (Spectrum) but different modem/router. I can play fine from my neighbor's wifi which is on AT&T. I suspect the router I got from Spectrum is too stupid to know how to keep the correct ports open so I ordered one. I'll report back with results tomorrow after it arrives.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kalfis and @Raelek

Thank you for the updates on your troubleshooting so far.
    Staff Post
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I switched back to my AMD Ryzen 3600 and Asus B450 motherboard, and just like that no more disconnects.

Everything is working perfectly. So It was the internet on my Intel Z390 Asus Prime A motherboard, if you use intel and this motherboard, that's your issue, maybe.

I've been having internet issues with this motherboard anyways, but this confirms it is the motherboard causing these problems.

But that's just my case. If you are using AMD/Ryzen and are still having disconnects, let us know please.
  • Raelek
    Raelek
    Soul Shriven
    Last night I tried playing over a VPN and it worked fine. This morning I hooked up my new router in place of the one I got from my ISP and it's working great.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's happening again! Motherboard switch did not help now, what the hell is causing this? I use Spectrum as my ISP, anyone else with Spectrum having these issues?

I've repaired ESO/deleted ESO in documents like 3 times now, that doesn't do anything.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is such a joke. Finally went a few hours without disconnecting, and then I disconnect during a boss fight! UGH!

IS IT NOT MY FREAKING PC OR INTERNET. Literally every other game I play works perfectly fine. It's ESO.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed it by buying a new router. I use Spectrum and the router they include was the problem, you cant even open ports on their new router.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know that switching to a different router has resolved the issue. We will now be closing the thread going forward.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.