The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
β€’ PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

All Radiant Apex mount must be able to be bought with crown gems!!!

bulcke10
bulcke10
✭✭✭
For the 3 years I play on Xbox and bought every season around 45 crates I never get a radiant apex mount πŸ€” I have only 1 (special) mount received out of the 250+ crates I bought over the 2 years the flame atronach bear and the rest of the mounts I received are the normal basic ones πŸ€” then I have already bought over 3.5k crown gems the coolest looking stuff I can buy with gems from the crates every season like mounts. Skins. Polymorph etc... With only duplicate items we get from stupid stuff maybe it's time to do something back to all the players wo spend a lot of money on the crown crates and let us buy everything from the crates with gems including RADIANT APEX Mount...

Even if you spend 500 dollars there is still no guarantee drop... With this change I think many players will be happy if there duplicates are worth something In the end πŸ˜…

We all want the coolest looking mount from the game you released today (Apex senche Rath)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story you just told is the exact reason that they will not sell radiant apex for gems.

It would be great from a player/buyer point of view, but it's horrible for business when people spend hundreds (or thousands) on crates to chase that rare drop.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason this isn't likely to happen is the exposure streamers give the game. ZoS entices people to watch by offering up crates and those crates are basically only good for converting to gems. I know some players that have a hell of a lot of gems saved.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    You are directly part of the problem. Congrats!
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    The story you just told is the exact reason that they will not sell radiant apex for gems.

It would be great from a player/buyer point of view, but it's horrible for business when people spend hundreds (or thousands) on crates to chase that rare drop.

Yea from that point of view it is true but if they say 600 gems for 1 apex mount then you know with maybe 50 to 100 crates I can buy 1 guaranteed apex instead of pay 500dollars and not a guaranteed drop of apex...
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me seeing that lich horse I'll probably never get vnRsMQB.gif
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bulcke10 wrote: Β»

Yea from that point of view it is true but if they say 600 gems for 1 apex mount then you know with maybe 50 to 100 crates I can buy 1 guaranteed apex instead of pay 500dollars and not a guaranteed drop of apex...

But then you would stop when you get 600 gems. With their current implementation you don't stop until you get the mount or you run out of resources (money). There is a reason that loot boxes are not exactly viewed as consumer friendly.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the 250+ crates I bought over the 2 years

81f2e7339a7be0af3aa11c0f1ef0e9f363b88819_00.jpg

sorry i don't really have anything meaningful to say about the thread or drop rates or anything the 250+ crown crates thing just shocked me

skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good LORD. When there are crates I like, I'll buy 5 on each account, both servers. That's it. I'm not sure that's happening right now - because I need crowns for tickets for the last berry, and I am NOT messing with MYM for them.
  • Wuselmann
    Wuselmann
    ✭
    I buy atm 60 crates per month via ingame gold from a friend and did never see another radiant apex mount after the senche I got like 4 years ago from my own purchases :D I donΒ΄t mind if theyΒ΄d offer radiant apex mounts for like 2k gems each.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the 3 years I play on Xbox and bought every season around 45 crates I never get a radiant apex mount πŸ€” I have only 1 (special) mount received out of the 250+ crates I bought over the 2 years the flame atronach bear and the rest of the mounts I received are the normal basic ones πŸ€” then I have already bought over 3.5k crown gems the coolest looking stuff I can buy with gems from the crates every season like mounts. Skins. Polymorph etc... With only duplicate items we get from stupid stuff maybe it's time to do something back to all the players wo spend a lot of money on the crown crates and let us buy everything from the crates with gems including RADIANT APEX Mount...

Even if you spend 500 dollars there is still no guarantee drop... With this change I think many players will be happy if there duplicates are worth something In the end πŸ˜…

We all want the coolest looking mount from the game you released today (Apex senche Rath)

1. no
    2. wont happen os would lose money
    3. they should stay rare
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder - the entire point of Radiant Apex mounts is that they can't be gotten for gems.

Back in the beginning of crates, uber-whales bought huge piles of them. This left them with vast amounts of gems. ZOS realized that this meant the uber-whales had no reason at all to buy any crates from the next upcoming seasons of them - they could just get everything with the gems they had saved up. So they came up with an even-rarer tier of mounts that you couldn't get with gems. So the uber-whales had a reason to keep on whaling.

(And then later, they came out with the "crown gem exclusive" mounts, to try to suck up the excess gems that everyone had gained from the Year Of Free Crates. I still have 80 or 100 left from back then. But I tend to only buy the 16 & 40 gem items.)

So, no. Radiant Apex will never be available for gems.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on August 11, 2020 3:59PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. no
    2. wont happen os would lose money
    3. they should stay rare

Nah, they shouldn't remain rare. Rarity based items in games should be based on skill or even rng, not the size of your bank balance or someone's lack of willpower. They should be in the mount section of the CS like every mount used to be before crates arrived or behind a skill or rng wall.

Not a single penny of CC cash goes back into this game. It's pure profit (No, I'm not saying making profit is a bad thing). How do i know this, i don't, it's an educated guess based purely on the performance of the game. If there had been a noticeable improvement in performance since CC's dropped, I'd happily accept the existence of crates, $3k mounts for those with the cash. But performance remains *** and some may argue worse.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on August 11, 2020 5:40PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Remember when we used to be able earn all content from any game and there were no microtransactions or loot crates?

Pepperidge farms remembers...
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    πŸ§‘β€πŸ’» ESO Addon Dev
    βš”οΈ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I do not care either way but it will not happen. They make tons of cash because some people cannot help themselves and just keep buying crates. Why would they change? The only change businesses make is to make more money, not less.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    The only crate mount I ever got was the Dwarven Camel... NOT Radiant, just regular and I'll just let you guess how much I value that...

I vowed never to buy crates again.

Until just the other day I got that Scarlet Panther Mount from the free Ouroboros Crates from watching Quake streams this past weekend... Well, that is If you consider the time and bandwidth data spent on Twitch Streams for a single crate a day to be Free...
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Radiance wrote: Β»
    The only crate mount I ever got was the Dwarven Camel... NOT Radiant, just regular and I'll just let you guess how much I value that...

I vowed never to buy crates again.

Until just the other day I got that Scarlet Panther Mount from the free Ouroboros Crates from watching Quake streams this past weekend... Well, that is If you consider the time and bandwidth data spent on Twitch Streams for a single crate a day to be Free...

I didn't even get my crate or rewards for watching the stream =(
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to comment on the title of the thread.

Personal feelings on crates aside, what "must" be made available is quite simply not down to us customers to decide. None of this stuff is considered our property, yes, even after you spend money to use these things on your account. That includes Radiant Apex mounts.

Long story short, ZOS can dictate what we can and cannot access and at what cost, without needing to "consult" players at all.

This is true of all online games. And many offline games too!
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Many, not all, may want the cool mounts but not all are going to spend $100's trying to get them. Some of us have self control.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: Β»
    Many, not all, may want the cool mounts but not all are going to spend $100's trying to get them. Some of us have self control.

The fact that the free level 10 horse is identical as far as stats are concerned means that chasing these mounts is completely pointless. In fact any mount purchase is pointless.

It's not a bad thing to buy a different mount of course but it is pointless by nature.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you made them buyable, it would be bad bussiness sense.. Also, you would make them less rare/special, making them in some sense less valuable
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I need to comment on the title of the thread.

Personal feelings on crates aside, what "must" be made available is quite simply not down to us customers to decide. None of this stuff is considered our property, yes, even after you spend money to use these things on your account. That includes Radiant Apex mounts.

Long story short, ZOS can dictate what we can and cannot access and at what cost, without needing to "consult" players at all.

This is true of all online games. And many offline games too!

This is 100% incorrect. Consumers hold all the power. Without customers no business small or global would survive. If crate sales were bad, they'd be binned. The stuff in them would be offered to the customer via different methods. Customers set trends, not companies. If companies held the power no business would fail. It us as consumers that prop loot crates up, not ZoS, EA, Blizzard etc etc. It's us.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think adding the ability to skip and buy crown gems with regular crown would be brilliant way to get players to overspend beyond what they already do especially if the rate is in ZoS favor. I would rotate with every returning crating the ability to buy one of the Radiant Apex mounts.
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is 100% incorrect. Consumers hold all the power. Without customers no business small or global would survive. If crate sales were bad, they'd be binned. The stuff in them would be offered to the customer via different methods. Customers set trends, not companies. If companies held the power no business would fail. It us as consumers that prop loot crates up, not ZoS, EA, Blizzard etc etc. It's us.

Its the job of the companys to research and look which way is the most profit-bringing and follow that strategy. Consumers hold all powers? Well in theory, in reality, it couldnt be further off. Consumers want something that a company can offer, the company can put on a price tag to their desire, and it will still be bought.

If something is high-sought after, but totally overpriced, what happens? The Consumers happily camp before their stores to finally get it, it even gets up in the media and so on... so who has here the control?

The human mind isnt made for boycotting something they're after. It just doesnt works, its proven since the economics has been born.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Wait there are rewards that are beyond even crown gems?

Ugh. The whole crown crate system is messed up. It's not bad enough that I already have an in game currency that I have to spend real money on, but then there is a 2nd in game currency that money *can't* be spent directly on, and then a 3rd system of rewards that can only be obtained by blindly spending massive amounts of money on what basically amounts to gambling.

*sigh*
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: Β»

Luckily, I think all those mounts are 'ugly', not 'cool'. So I've never had any desire to get any of them, not even the direct purchase ones. Didn't even bother with the Indriks until one of the later ones, when I realized my "ice" themed 8th character could use it. I bought a 700cr basic black horse when I started (since I didn't understand the Collection system, and thought I'd have to buy a horse for gold on every character), and have used it ever since. Got a few ugly mounts from free crown crates, summoned them once to double-check their ugliness, then put them away.

But yeah, self control helps too. I love getting free crates from games, since opening them up and seeing the so-so junk you get is a nice reminder to never waste actual $ on them.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should, but they won't for reasons stated by others. That would not keep people gambling, it would just result in a certain number of sales until people had enough gems to buy the radiant mounts. A MASSIVE amount of sales, like just a ton, seriously, but that's not enough for ZOS. There apparently must be more people who have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dollars to spend on gambling in a MMORPG than there are people who try it, realize they're never going to get the mount they want, and stop buying permanently like everyone I personally have talked to. In several years of chatting with lots of players I have never once met a whale that would just keep buying forever with no luck, but I've met several dozen people who say "screw crown crates, there's no way I'm ever going to win what I want so I won't touch them." Guess that's just my personal odds.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I actually don't inherently have a problem with microtransactions or the crown store or *even* crown crates because if people want to spend money on it, then more power to them. Sometimes I like to as well.

But what I hate is when items that I would be more than happy to spend money on directly are locked behind rng gambling mechanics. I saw a number of mounts in the crown store that I'd be happy to spend real money on to acquire, but they are apex rewards so they are locked behind crown gems, which means I have to buy a whole slew of crates that I don't want to decon the items that I don't want to slowly accumulate the amount of crown gems necessary to get the mount, and I probably won't be able to acquire the amount of crown gems needed anyways before they cycle out for the next theme, meaning any money I do spend on crates to gather gems ends up getting wasted because I can't even get what I want period.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There are threads where people spent over 1k and didn't get a radiant apex. There are people who got a free crate and got a radiant apex.

Before radiant apex mounts arrived, people would post threads in the forum basically saying "I bought crates and got the stuff I wanted, and enough duplicates and trade backs to get enough gems to buy the exact mount I want in the next crates. Now I don't have to spend any more until they come up with something I really want." So marketing came up with a reason for people to buy more crates.

The whole point of the radiant apex mounts is to get people to buy crates. If they let people buy the radiant apex mounts, people will have no reason to buy more crates. I seriously doubt they'll let people buy the radiant apex mounts.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    fortunately for me I find all the apex mounts ugly and too sci-fi so I never want one. But everytime I see a mount listed for 400 gems or 500 gems I roll my eyes and the words "gimme a break" come to mind.
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 12, 2020 1:24AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 400 gems right now (due to getting a Sweetroll out of a Nightfall crate). Those are going to sit there until there's a mount I REALLY want.

As for Apex mounts.... I think I have one on one account or the other. If so, it's not one I ever use. I really don't like them at all - ANY of them. And good LORD - the gloomspore ones.... gag me with a spoon for pete's sake.