The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nightfall Crate furniture

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, you may have already seen that the new Nightfall Crown Crate season includes 3 furniture. Here are some pictures and details that I hope will help you decide if you're interested in them or not before wasting money on them. :blush:

All 3 furniture are 'Legendary' rarity, and can be purchased directly for 100 Gems.
All 3 furniture are 'Traditional furnishings' and count towards the regular furnishing limit.
  • Ancient Nord Gate (Structures, interactable open/close)
  • Graymoor Tapestry, Harrowstorm (Parlor)
  • Vampiric Fountain, Bat Swarm (Courtyard, Interactable turn on/off)
brjo9umuezv8.png
tpc5j5v7s40t.png
As you can see, the gate is quite large (put it next to the Villa's door for comparison) so you can't really use it in most houses as a regular door. The fountain's 'on' setting summons animated Bat swarm FX which also has a chittering bat swarm sound, so it's an audible not just visual furnishing. Not sure if you can see it in the image, but the Bat special effect isn't actual bats, but sort-of smudged bat-shaped shadows. The tapestry is nice, but it's just a tapestry.

((( Also, you may want to consider that there will be another Vampiric Fountain furnishing, the 'Basin of Loss' which is a utility furnishing that will reduce your Vampire Stage upon interaction. It's much larger than the Bat Swarm Fountain, but has no bat FX. It will be released as part of the Vampiric Libations Furniture Pack at a later date which has no announcement yet, just know that it's coming, so you can make an informed decision about the bat fountain and don't regret purchasing it later. )))
Basin-of-Loss-2-312x300.jpg
So, what are your thoughts? Do you like any of them? :smile: I was a little disappointed that we got a door in the Crown Crates, rather than from crafting or achi furnishings... since Graymoor added only around 3 Structure furniture anyway (a column and two wicker fences). There were also no fountains in this Chapter, apart from the two new Vampire ones, one of which is in the Crown Crates and the other in a Crown-exclusive furnishing pack. People's general feelings on Crates aside, I think it wouldn't be as bad if they had added more structural furniture to Greymoor, like we had with Elsweyr and Summerset.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. :smile:

The Nord door works pretty well on the longhouse in Forgemaster Falls, as long as you place it on the inside of the doorway.

If you place it on the outside, it clips with the mammoth tusks.

As I said in my Door Request thread, I would just like regular (non-animated) wooden doors, in the exact same style as the ones that come with the houses, that you could make with woodworking.

I don't need, or want, fancy animated doors for most projects.

Even though this particular one does, as I say, work well for the longhouse.

Not that impressed with the other items, either.

Tapestry is OK, I guess, but they're all way overpriced.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's blindly obvious that the person or people who designed and modeled antiquities aren't the same people who did these. The fountain is blurry up close and looks blob-like from afar as do the "bats". However, if you look underneath the base, there's a very detailed design and it is higher quality than the entire fountain. how?

Also when place in direct sunlight, the liquid part sheens green...Ummm why not purple or red since it's a vampire fountain?

The door is nicely textured and has a heavily weighted sound, so that's a plus. The tapestry is a step up but I wish they would have put it in as an achievement like elsweyr, hold the yellow stitching lol
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to have the bat fountain...because bats. But overall I dislike its look. It's just ugly. The tapestry is gorgeous and I wish there were more things like it achieveable in game. The door is neat but I had absolutely no use for it. I agree totally that what we need are doors that fit the structures we have in housing. Otherwise, what's the point of them?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this. I was excited when I saw the door but after coming here and seeing how large it is, I have no home where it would be useful so I am not going to buy it. I did purchase the tapestry and am really pleased with how it looks.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    Also when place in direct sunlight, the liquid part sheens green...Ummm why not purple or red since it's a vampire fountain?

Somehow Vulcans must have found a way through the void and crashed on Nirn.
    hvzu3bm5vk8y.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have been looking for and am either missing it or it is not available yet is the fountain/dps dummy for increasing and decreasing vampire stages. If it was not too pricey I would consider it. Otherwise, food is more convenient.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    What I have been looking for and am either missing it or it is not available yet is the fountain/dps dummy for increasing and decreasing vampire stages. If it was not too pricey I would consider it. Otherwise, food is more convenient.
    That one is part of the 'Vampiric Libations' Furnishing Bundle. It includes both the dummy and the fountain, and was announced in this month's Crown Store Showcase, to be sold from the 16th of July! :smile:
    maixii0erfaq.png
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    That one is part of the 'Vampiric Libations' Furnishing Bundle. It includes both the dummy and the fountain, and was announced in this month's Crown Store Showcase, to be sold from the 16th of July! :smile:
    maixii0erfaq.png

Thx. I do not read the showcase often since I do not buy much from the crown store. It looks like the bundle is limited to these two items. If it is not too much I might get it. Nothing to spend crowns on other than an occasional race change and pets that increase inventory.

I found it handy testing while testing some things on the PTS. But again, if it is costly the in-game food is convenient enough.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The door should be a non-crate furnishing. It's so sad to have it locked behind 100 gems EACH when doors are a highly-requested item and the kind of thing one often wants in multiples.

I really hope the door becomes available on its own for Crowns, gold, or at least part of a furnishing pack (which could still be too expensive if it only comes with one)
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner