The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guaranteed grains for jewelry writs? (Nevermind)

Feric51
Feric51
✭✭✭✭✭
Quick question guys.

I thought I remembered reading in patch notes of a fairly recent update that they changed the rewards of the jewelry crafting writs so that you were always guaranteed to get at least one grain with each writ turn-in? I recall it was the same time that they made it possible to (rarely) get two of the same grain, and (very rarely) get a full plating.

Reason for the confusion is I've noticed that on any given day of doing level 1 jewelry writs on 10 characters, I will get ZERO grains on anywhere from 3-7 of them. I'm not expecting anything above Terne because I realize I'm only doing level 1 writs, but I still thought we were supposed to be guaranteed at least one grain.

Is my memory is just failing me, or is this a bug that I need to report?

Edit: Found the patch notes and it was only level 5 writs that guaranteed a grain reward. Guess I need to stop being lazy and get my alts up to max-tier jewelry writs too.
Edited by Feric51 on June 18, 2020 1:23PM
Feric51
Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)