The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Western Skyrim Lodge Home

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this was an oversight on ZOS's part, or just a straight-up blunder and missed opportunity, the fact that we can't have one of those cool wooden-lodge style buildings as a purchasable player home seems very... unusual.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Solitude aesthetic of Proudspire Manor, but those wooden A-shaped taverns looked so cozy and practically screamed "player home". And on top of that, it's a new, unique style that isn't available anywhere else.

I can't be the only one who wants this, can I?
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you are not the only one that wants this, so do I! Those little wooden lodges would make the perfect home!
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably release more Nord houses during the year. They usually release 2 houses per patch, so we still have 4 to go. Chances are at least one of those will be the Western Nord homestead style.

I'm guessing they wanted to ride the Vampire hype which is why they made one of the houses in this Chapter the Bastion Sanguinaris. Proudspire being the other house in this patch makes sense of course since it's in Solitude and it's a remake from Skyrim.
    Options
  • TiberSeptim
    TiberSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    I don't know if this was an oversight on ZOS's part, or just a straight-up blunder and missed opportunity, the fact that we can't have one of those cool wooden-lodge style buildings as a purchasable player home seems very... unusual.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the Solitude aesthetic of Proudspire Manor, but those wooden A-shaped taverns looked so cozy and practically screamed "player home". And on top of that, it's a new, unique style that isn't available anywhere else.

I can't be the only one who wants this, can I?

I would like to have those wooden roof looking things that are next to the wooden lodges. The wooden structures that look like a half of a roof, only they are buried in snow? Give me that as a furniture structure item and Ill make my own wooden lodge home.
    Options
  • adam_rawb16_ESO
    I've seen a few threads on this now, and I completely agree. I really want to upgrade from my Autumn's Gate, been saving up all my crowns for something like this ^^
    Options
  • Sigourney_Frost
    Yes! I rushed to the forums to request the same idea.

I have yet to buy a home yet. No home has really tickled my fancy, until I did the quests at Morthal. As soon as I entered the Inn and the Jarl's home I immediately looked in the store to see if a home was released with that style. Sadly there were none (obviously lol).

@ZOS please release one of these homes, something close to the Jarl's home, but I will buy any size. :wink:
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I totally have been saying this!
    Options
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    YES - I'm making and buying furniture for a house that doesn't exist yet!
    Options
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    Would LOVE this house:

rggwunbgqnxp.png

They can keep the graveyard and put it somewhere else, but I just love the way this house looks. Also, any of the little cabins in Morthal would work, too.
    Options