The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Infinite login screen since this morning's patch?

mALX
mALX
This morning the launcher said it needed repairing twice while loading the patch. I finally re-booted the computer and this time the patch loaded in properly; but now I can't get past the login screen = it goes into an infinite loading screen; then after several minutes it just closes itself back to the login. I can't even get to the character load screen.

Anyone else having this issue today; and if so = what can I do to fix it so I can get into the game?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mALX

Clearing out the program data folder may help if running a repair hasn't. The steps for doing so are below.
    1. Navigate to the folder where the ESO Launcher is installed.
    2. Locate the folder titled ProgramData and delete it.
    3. In the folder where "ProgramData" was located, find the files "host.developer.Xlog" ("X" will be a number) and delete all of them except the one without a number (it should just be "host.developer.log").
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher and see if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • mALX
    mALX
    Thank you so very much for your help! I did try another repair full repair and that cleared the problem up. (I then proceeded to play for so many hours that I may not be able to walk again for weeks, lol).

I have loved every single one of your Chapters; and always felt they were so well worth pre-ordering because I knew and trusted your content would be well worth the cost = but as great as they all were; I have to tell you that Greymoor is my absolute favorite so far of all the Chapters and DLC hands down! I wasn't even prepared to like it after that launch announcement; it was actually the first Chapter I hesitated before buying = but it is the most creative and fun Chapter yet! And that is saying a whole lot; because they have all been fantastic! You guys did an amazing job on this Chapter!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know another repair resolved the issue. We are glad you're enjoying the chapter so far. Since the issue is resolved we are going to close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.