The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hammer's impact on PvP?? (a poll)

Enkil
Enkil
✭✭✭✭✭
Hammer has greatly impacted every single campaign when it spawns. How has it impacted gameplay for you?

The options are very objective... but please keep in mind the question is QUALITY OF GAMEPLAY.

Whether or not anyone gains AP is totally irrelevant (very hard to divorce from the main topic i know) think about the gameplay only please

Hammer's impact on PvP?? (a poll) 74 votes

Positive?
9%
ssewallb14_ESOSvenjaGedalyaOtarTheMadVrenkvaleriiyadasrite 7 votes
Negative?
87%
ImryllKikazaruDatBeeKingbiminirwb17_ESOLarsSWingtechnohicDelsskiaThunderclapshockjockeynimbliKartalinWald1naWaylander07asneakybananaMayraelTBoisLarianaAegonnn 65 votes
Other idea (explain below)
2%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOZer0_CooL 2 votes
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    Negative?
    Hammer is fun but it is used by zergs only.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    It contradicts its purpose. To use hammer safely you need zerg to protect it, and the bigger the zerg the better. Hammer should be locked from use to cerrently strongest faction (most estimated points gain). This way even small group could use it safely against currently strongest faction.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Hammer should be locked from use to cerrently strongest faction (most estimated points gain).

I admit that I never cared about the scoring system so I have to ask about most estimated point gain: does the faction that has no keeps and therefore can conquer the most has the highest est. point gain or is it the faction that has the most keeps and would use the hammer for defense?
  • Vrenk
    Vrenk
    ✭✭✭
    Positive?
    The hammer is used in the completely opposite way it was designed to be, maybe due to the fact you need healers to be effective. It can be aids during low population but during poplock prime time it can shake things up and end stalemates which is at least a little bit interesting. I like the idea of the weapons, just need reworking so you aren't reliant on others

- Make goblins a playable race
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Hammer should be locked from use to cerrently strongest faction (most estimated points gain).

I admit that I never cared about the scoring system so I have to ask about most estimated point gain: does the faction that has no keeps and therefore can conquer the most has the highest est. point gain or is it the faction that has the most keeps and would use the hammer for defense?

Hammer is offensive tool mostly - it can be used to defend but even one of the skills used to break the walls shows it's offensive nature. By most est. points gain I mean faction who controls most of the keeps/res/scrolls - this faction shouldn't be able to use hammer, because it's already dominationg.

Currently even if hammer spawns somewhere else usually that faction sooner or later takes it over and uses it to gate weaker factions, while hammer should work the other way, should help to bring more balance to the map, meaning that weaker factions could use hammer without worrying about handing it over to the top dog.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Vrenk wrote: »
    The hammer is used in the completely opposite way it was designed to be, maybe due to the fact you need healers to be effective. It can be aids during low population but during poplock prime time it can shake things up and end stalemates which is at least a little bit interesting. I like the idea of the weapons, just need reworking so you aren't reliant on others

I don't think it shakes things up as much as it just grinds the server to a halt with lag that its already struggling with on pop locked servers. Of course that seems to matter less and less as it seems players are faction stacking more and more and all focused in 1-3 spots on the map at a time anyway.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are positives and negatives to the hammer, It was discussed with ZOS around 3 years ago that adding a single objective to the map would create a lot of issues with added performance problems as players stack around it. This unfortunately is what has happened with the hammer.

Additionally there are problems with the dominating faction being easily able to steal the hammer from weaker factions and then zerg the map down especially with emp etc..

Finally the issue of people hiding the hammer behind the gates is also a problem.

Imo there are a few changes which would make the hammer decent.

1) There should be multiple hammers spawn at one time one faction should only be able to control 2 hammers at a time but if the hammers are within 20m of each other on the same faction they should both reset somewhere cyro.
    2) If a faction has emp they should not be able to control a hammer
    3) hammers shouldn't go beyond the gates or spawn behind them.
    4) Teleporting with a hammer should have charges with a cooldown. (Prevents constant porting as a fight avoidance tactic).
    5) Hammers should despawn faster but have a shorter cooldown in high pop cyro. (should be a mad 20m but then go back to normal)

Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 15, 2020 1:18PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Playing non CP, each time AD toon picks the hammer it delivers it to reds. Must be bannable, same as spawning tons of afking garbage sieging machines to break the limit and mess the siege on purpose.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My primary problem with the hammer is simply that it would be awesome if the server could actually handle the large fights it creates.

When everyone goes with the winning tactic of "Swarm the Hammer!", it creates a massive ball of players and lag. Chaos indeed.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive?
    I was leery of the Hammer when it was first added to the game. As it stands now I absolutely love it. It is very fun to use and it requires a shift to both offensive and defensive strategy. No complaints here. Perhaps however a daedric artifact free campaign is in order? I honestly dont like the idea but I'm open to other peoples thoughts.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    the hammer sucks...as most players who play in cyro already know - it almost always ends up in the strongest factions hands...

oh yeah, one other note: fix the *** ayleid wells back the way they used to be...they're absolutely useless now...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Literally, no one asked for it... But ZOS knew better...
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Whoever created a thing that crushes walls 4x faster than 10 sieging engines is a not healthy person.
    Today again 0 points for AD cause purple alliance and constant hammer trading.
    Edited by Tammany on June 16, 2020 11:18AM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    I heard it was suggested by a pve player at a class rep meeting. Not sure if true or not.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    This stupid piece of garbage only encourages the formation of huge faction stacks, which is the very last thing Cyrodiil needs on top of its already woeful performance.

Far too often I've experienced crashes/disconnects and other serious techincal issues when being anywhere near the bloody thing, which is why I avoid it like the plague. Makes for a good time-out to go grab a delve AP buff, at least.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Negative?
    It wouldn't be so bad if the hammer only spawned for the faction that has the least amount of keeps but 9/10 times it spawns for alliance that already owns nearly the entire map, completely destroying any chance of fighting back and making it even more likely that people log out in huge numbers.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    red_emu wrote: »
    It wouldn't be so bad if the hammer only spawned for the faction that has the least amount of keeps but 9/10 times it spawns for alliance that already owns nearly the entire map, completely destroying any chance of fighting back and making it even more likely that people log out in huge numbers.

Even when it spawned for proper faction, its been properly traded.
    I've seen so many times some random guy picks up the hammer and runs with it to the enemy ballgroup.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the hammer the same "friendly fire AoE" as the Chaos ball has. Just fairly stronger to compensate the zerg heal.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I'm on the fence, it has pros and cons.

It's purpose (I assume) was to aid a faction who wasn't doing so well, however that is not how it always goes. Having the hammer puts a big bullseye on you and if the enemy faction takes it within 5 minutes there goes all the good intentions to "help the losing faction". So yah the hammer can be good if it helps a losing faction. But mostly it's used to give the winning faction an even bigger lead. Or one group holds on to it forever and just farms AP, without any care at all about helping the faction win.
    Edited by VDoom1 on June 17, 2020 4:50PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Negative?
    Lol to the lopsided poll results.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative?
    I can totally agree, that the hammer usually ends up in the hands of the strongest faction. This morning ep was owning 90% of the map, then get hammer - take all the rest also. Caused me to quit Cyrodiil, because i don't want to deal with such crap.

It's honestly ridiculous how often the hammer gets to the winning team. But just to be fair on this, i did actually have one time today, where the hammer landed on the loosing team, as it should (before it got lost a total of i think 4 times?).

When it first came i thought: Great! Giving the weakest team a bit of a push and concentrating forces on one object is just what we needed in Cyrodiil! It never worked out like this. Instead it's more of a slideshow photo album of 50 vs 50 in an epic battle for the most contested bridge in the game.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact, that there is achievements for wielding the hammer, which causes a lot of players to come and want a piece of the cake if you know what i mean.

If the hammer doesn't get some serious adjustments, then take it out. That reminds me: Were we not supposed to be getting a similar item like that hammer but as a ranged weapon? Pretty sure that was a topic like a year ago?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It helps break up stalemates and is a beacon for all to come, which in theory is great but in the field is just terrible.