Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Steadfast stablemaster bundle

dhboy123
dhboy123
✭✭✭✭
This item seems overpriced in the crown store.

1800 crowns to receive some basic items for your house, the most basic of mounts in the game and an upgrade of 1 capacity, speed and stamina?

Am i missing something here? I first thought I had misread it, 10/10/10 for the upgrades and I would maybe consider it but seems very pricey for 1 single upgrade to each.

Edit - Just realised the mount isn't the same as from the stables but isn't far off, maybe this is why.
Edited by dhboy123 on June 14, 2020 7:44AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the mount, I prefer this horse model to the older base game ones, although the color could be darker. I just prefer normal looking mounts over some ridiculous flashy ones, they fit better for rp, but you can have only so many horses before it gets boring. I'll admit the furnishing stuff is really basic, you can get recipies and furnishings for most of things available really cheap from guild stores. Similar horse based on the same model (Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse) cost the same without any furnishing stuff, so I wouldn't say this one here is overpriced if it's faced with this.

So bottom line, I wouldn't say it's overpriced when compared to what Crown Store had to offer, but I'll admit it's a pretty uninspired pack.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're paying for the horse, the rest is just dressing.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or, if you're a housing fan, you're paying for the Shed, the rest is just dressing.

They added that Hlaalu style shed that has been unobtainable apart from the one you get with buying Amaya Lake Lodge. Though honestly 1,800 Crowns is a bit much if you're only interested in 1 item either way. I won't be buying the bundle for sure, but would have bought the shed if it was priced reasonably like other Tent/Structure furniture.

They should have just sold the horse and the shed separately for people who care about those. Because bundling all that at a high price will just discourage players, even if they had bought it if they were sold separately.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Or, if you're a housing fan, you're paying for the Shed, the rest is just dressing.

They added that Hlaalu style shed that has been unobtainable apart from the one you get with buying Amaya Lake Lodge. Though honestly 1,800 Crowns is a bit much if you're only interested in 1 item either way. I won't be buying the bundle for sure, but would have bought the shed if it was priced reasonably like other Tent/Structure furniture.

They should have just sold the horse and the shed separately for people who care about those. Because bundling all that at a high price will just discourage players, even if they had bought it if they were sold separately.

But as I said, a similar horse, without any furnishing items also cost 1800 Crowns. So what's your point? They should release the horse for 1,8k and charge extra for the shed? ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

But as I said, a similar horse, without any furnishing items also cost 1800 Crowns. So what's your point? They should release the horse for 1,8k and charge extra for the shed? ;)

Actually, the housing community wants this badly, including me.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame really. I hate the furnishing bundles to be honest. You'd have to buy so much junk to go with the one thing you wanted in them. I would have bought eight of them to use as crafting stalls myself, but the way they chose to package it (and for that price) I can't justify multiples. I was hopeful when I saw they were releasing the shed, but there's no point buying just one for me personally.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Actually, the housing community wants this badly, including me.

I don't deny that, I'm just answering about the argument that the horse is overpriced because of the furnishings. It's pricey, yes, but similar horses did cost the same and didn't include furnishings. Personally I don't buy furnishings for crowns, there's plenty to choose from available in game for gold. Most of this stuff is pretty easily aquired for in game gold. I see this pack as a horse + bonus stuff, not furnishings + horse. As for stable it may be not worth it unfortunately. My advice would be to get it via gold to crown trade if you absolutely must have that one and don't have your own crowns to spare or to build something similar from the components available in game. Of course voicing your needs on forums is a good idea too, try asking for it in the Crown Store ideas thread, writing support might also help your voice be heard.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Nyaera
    Nyaera
    Soul Shriven
    What a drag. I bought this because I thought it meant I could do my dailing training here. Three 1 level upgrades and a horse was a big disappointment.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyaera wrote: »
    What a drag. I bought this because I thought it meant I could do my dailing training here. Three 1 level upgrades and a horse was a big disappointment.

nothing about it says that you can do your mount training there
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Nyaera
    Nyaera
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I read "allow you to [...] improve your riding proficiency" differently than you did. They weren't lying. You could do this exacly once.