The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance has gotten worse.

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
So cyrodiil is still unplayable due to lag and skill delay, a lot of stuttering and random load screens in the middle of nowhere? I popped into a zero bars IC and still lagged to death. Wasn't this supposed to be a performance patch? How can you go so backwards?
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second long awaited performance patch, on par with the first one for the worst performance we've seen in the history of the game. It's actually incredible that they've had these performance "improvements" scheduled for over a year and they've still managed to worsen the performance overall. One year ago the performance was bad, but you could still play reasonably well during off hours with low population. Now it is unplayable with just one bar on each alliance in the main camp.

I don't think we'll ever see genuine improvements at this point.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    +1
    Options
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are just pushing people into the waiting arms of their competition the longer this goes unaddressed. ESOs only real advantage it had was an underwhelming (that's an understatement) expansion in another popular MMO and no other real competition to speak of. With their own underwhelming and uninspired expansion now released and most people already finished all content it provided, and still left with horrible performance and no attempt to balance their game whatsoever. I really am wondering what, if anything, they'll do to convince people to hang around with very real competition right around the corner.

Right now their strategy appears to be to simply hope those other MMOs can't deliver on the promises they're offering and players will have no real option other than to suffer through these issues for the next 6+ months/year(s) while they continue to support nothing but their cash shop. Seems like a silly strategy, but I've seen nothing in the past 8months to convince me they have any other plan moving forward.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    They are just pushing people into the waiting arms of their competition the longer this goes unaddressed. ESOs only real advantage it had was an underwhelming (that's an understatement) expansion in another popular MMO and no other real competition to speak of. With their own underwhelming and uninspired expansion now released and most people already finished all content it provided, and still left with horrible performance and no attempt to balance their game whatsoever. I really am wondering what, if anything, they'll do to convince people to hang around with very real competition right around the corner.

Right now their strategy appears to be to simply hope those other MMOs can't deliver on the promises they're offering and players will have no real option other than to suffer through these issues for the next 6+ months/year(s) while they continue to support nothing but their cash shop. Seems like a silly strategy, but I've seen nothing in the past 8months to convince me they have any other plan moving forward.

Eh, people been saying that since 2014. The strategy for past 4 years is to focus on their core community and appease the complaining minority with promises and minor adjustments. If you wanna window into mind and opinions of ppl ZoS actually focuses on you need to go on reddit and even that one is niche.
    Even if they suddenly made ESO PVP work flawlessly this chapter it would generate less praise and excitement than Cat Banker and Merchant did.
    Options
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please fix this zeninmax
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA, No CP Cyrodill is completely playable as long as no faction is above 2 bars. If any 1 faction is 3 bar, and they have a huge group at one place, the entire server goes to ***. However, playable does not mean without input delay, bugs, or desyncs. These issues are persistent regardless of population, and seem separate from the number of players around, unlike other types of 'lag.'
    Options
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Eh, people been saying that since 2014. The strategy for past 4 years is to focus on their core community and appease the complaining minority with promises and minor adjustments. If you wanna window into mind and opinions of ppl ZoS actually focuses on you need to go on reddit and even that one is niche.
    Even if they suddenly made ESO PVP work flawlessly this chapter it would generate less praise and excitement than Cat Banker and Merchant did.

I'd agree with this. But in the past they didn't have any real competition. The MMO scene has been barren for years now. A handful are right around the corner now so I'd be curious if players are foolish enough to continue believing in the empty promises. Especially in the PvP community where the first mainstream PvP game since what, Shadowbane? is coming out?
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH after what they did during their first attempt of fixing performance this year, I'm afraid to ask for next "improvements".

There is though one thing that would help a lot I think and would force people to spread out. Friendly fire. No more dumb stacking of heals (yes you could heal enemy with AoE heals but only the real AoEs not the smart targeted ones), AoE etc. etc. We would have to pay attention what and when to cast. To make AoEs more appealing bring their strength and cost on pair with single target abilities.

I know it would be very controversial but I believe it would help a lot.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    The game has gotten so much worse lag wise... Is the Google Stadia release going to manage servers as well or just clients? If Google Stadia manages ESO servers, they might save the game.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My skill delay is gone on ps4 at least.
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

The doctor is in, and he has your bitter, bitter medicine right here. Say 'ahhh'.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »

The doctor is in, and he has your bitter, bitter medicine right here. Say 'ahhh'.

Options