The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could we Improve the Messaging for ESO plus.

JoStoic
JoStoic
✭✭
I have a few small impediment to my reading comprehension and attention so after playing ESO for a year, watching streams, reading announcements, and occasionally buying ESO plus subs, I *just now* learned that the latest chapter is not included in ESO.

This happens because

- people describe eso plus they go into long lists of what you get, so people don't notice that the latest chapter isn't included in that list.
- based on my experiences with friends, who swore that last year with ESO+ they got access to elsweyr, before greymoor was released. (They might have had access from buying it and just forgot)
- most mmo subs give you access the the full game.

I feel like zeni avoids mentioning directly that the current chapter is not included into the main messaging to avoid ire, but lets be honest, those people will get angry *anyway*

- For me the main benefit is this: I was under the impression that I was one of a small handful of people who didn't have Greymoor, so I had serious FOMO until I realized that it wasn't as pervasive, and I felt better. But as someone with a chronic illness, I just can't buy it, I have to wait for a sale if money is looking good enough.
- there are plenty of ways to get the game and crowns and pay much less than $180. For example, just getting 3 months of subs and buying the latest chapter is about $80. That gives you enough crowns every year to buy dlcs and you have the full game well before long, and have some time to fill up your craft bag.
- The community is great about selling the value, (which is pretty reasonable tbh)
- But most importantly, when people realize it's *not* how they had assumed, they get upset, we want to avoid that.

I'm not convinced zenni has done market research on the effect of eso plus confusion on player satisfaction, so if they haven't done it, they need to.

If there's a better place for me to share this where zenni will actually see it, please point me in the right direction.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I have noticed is it does not matter how well it is explained people miss things.

Case in point, look at Greymoor under the "Digital Games" section and it clearly says it includes specific chapters. Look at Greymoor under the Digital Upgrade" section and it does not include that wording. People missed an important difference this year and last year. Zos could list what is not included in things but people would that can become a mess throughout the different areas of the game. Most players seem to get it.
    Options